Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

This place got really soft

Started by Stride Winterblue, May 11, 2009, 06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz

Variable

Quote from: aenemic on May 12, 2009, 06:44 AM
Quote from: Variable on May 12, 2009, 12:13 AM
na, this place is soft and slow now.  Everyone complained when this forum was nothing but random topics and constant "flaming".  But you have to all admit, it was way more entertaining.  Good thing douche bags like that Ry guy stopped by for 2 weeks out of the year, "fixed it" then went away again.

not to start all this bs again, but you're never gonna see it from his or mine or many others perspective, which lead to our behaviour. Ry isn't a douche bag in any way, he's a really nice guy who's a lot of fun to have around. like many other members who have all left.

but we've chilled out and stopped bringing this up, why can't you do it as well?
I'm not an idiot.  I get your perspective.  A lot of you aren't necessarily A type personalities.  A lot of you liked it better when it was just starting and everyone was all " OMGz you're awesome I luvs you :) :) :) ;) ) I get it, I really do.  Thing is, why should you and only you get your way?  When the majority shifts......... you know? 

I don't know RY, don't really care to.  All I know about him is that he came here all high and mighty all over my ass.  And did exactly what I said he would.  He would stay long enough to fuck everything up just the way he liked it, then bail.  Dude stayed for like a month tops, probably not that long.  Then moved on.  Which is cool he has better things to do and all.  But why the fuck did we have to do things his way if he didnt say around?  My ass is on here all the dam time and no one wants to do anything my way.

What changes?  Well the whole lame ass posted rules for one.  And now everyone just walks on egg shells because they don't want to piss off the mods and get the rule book thrown at them.  Its also lame that seemingly every member here for more than a year is a mod ( except me of course ) ....is all that necessary?  So now no one can really just come on and have fun and talk a little shit because they are almost guaranteed to be doing it to a MOD. 

I had this place running great.  I chased out everyone who was only interested in having everyone tell them how much they were loved.  I had shit talking and heated debates to an all time high.  And lets be honest, posting was at an all time high too.  Because all these things you say you hate so much and made rules against = spice.  Without them, its just plain and boring.  Then there was suddenly a mass movement for reform and rules because a couple people ( I will admit they were pretty cool sometimes ) left the board, even though plenty of new people were joining and staying.  Now all those new people are gone, hardly any new people are joining, non of those old peoples have come back, and the people that are still here hardly ever post because this place is lame.  Exactly how are you still standing by your great board revival? 

Don't get all mad at me, because I didn't bring it up.  But the writing is on the wall.  This isn't about who was right and wrong.  Its just about the truth.  This place is lamer than ever and it got that way because of all the stupid fucking rules and stupid fucking moderation. 

Stride Winterblue

Variable.  You're a noob compared to many.  The "I had this place awesome" statement is just dumb.  You've never seen the olden days.

Variable

I saw plenty enough of the lame olden days.  And you know plenty well that I shook this place up and changed it dramatically over the first year I was here.  To say I didn't is just dumb. 

oh, and hi moz.

alvarezbassist17

i'm not debating any of your other points, but che's talkin about the 2002-early 2005 days, which had their fair share of shit talking and such, and a shitload more posting.  that's when i got probably 3-4000 of my posts, the early 04-05 time.  and it was actually a lot more meaningful conversation. 

tarkil

I have to agree with that....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

wither-I

i am the greatest member this board has ever known. i have the power. and i have many trophies to confess my significance.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Livewire

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: tarkil on May 14, 2009, 04:22 AM
I have to agree with that....

yep, wayyy back when you had... the exact same avatar and signature haha :)

Jacob

shit, alvarez do you remember when you me, steve, rosie and like 5 other people were the regular posters? that was the old days.

@Trey: first of all, nothing has really changed. yes, we made new rules. but both me and Ry, who were the most active mods and who cared about these rules, are neither here to mod anymore. and from what I can tell, most topics stay open and you're pretty free to talk as much shit and flame people all you want. so ultimately, you got your way.

and just to put things a bit into perspective again - here we are, a bunch of people who get very well along, have a few unspoken rules and mods who care for this place and want to keep it friendly and clean. then you come along, and want things to be YOUR way. and you tell me you have as much, if not more right to have things your way than us mods have? hopefully someone will burst that big bubble of ego for you someday.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

tarkil

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on May 14, 2009, 06:25 AM
yep, wayyy back when you had... the exact same avatar and signature haha :)

I had the Dimebag doing the helicopter with his hair as an avatar too... Before they set up the av reduction policy.....     :-\

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Stride Winterblue

Quote from: Variable on May 14, 2009, 03:48 AM
I saw plenty enough of the lame olden days.  And you know plenty well that I shook this place up and changed it dramatically over the first year I was here.  To say I didn't is just dumb. 

oh, and hi moz.

Basically, in the words of General Disarray, "simpsons did it."

devlin

Quote from: Stride Winterblue on May 14, 2009, 03:19 AM
Variable.  You're a noob compared to many.  The "I had this place awesome" statement is just dumb.  You've never seen the olden days.

are you an old member with a new name? its gets so confusing with people making new names and deleting accounts.

theis

Variable

Don't say "Us MODs" as if that means anything.  Nuno makes any bleeding heart that ask to be a MOD, a MOD.  And RY was active for like two weeks.  You can't say he was " an active MOD "

Bottom line, the rules are extremely lame.  And this place has spiraled downward into total lameness.  And I blame the people who were crying for order and structure, and got it.

Anyways though.  I'm not actually trying to argue about this or anything.  Just felt like talking a little bit of shit.  But this conversation actually turned more lame than SL.

TheWatcher

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

TheWatcher

Variable

Post count don't matter.  Because I dun passed your ass a long time ago, and apparently I'm a noob.......or something.