Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

FUCK WORK

Started by nonesuch, May 13, 2009, 09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

This seems incredibly off topic. Work is the reason you are able to eat. Quit your bitching.

snw9

Save up and start a business. that's what I plan to do. I want to be in complete control and not take orders from anyone else.
Code: [Select]

Oldnewtype

Working in a fine dining restaurant in December is a bitch.

snw9

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Dec 12, 2011, 02:59 PM
Working in a fine dining restaurant in December is a bitch.

No new years eve or holiday dinners? Or too many ppl storming in?
Code: [Select]

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Make_shift Destiny on Dec 07, 2011, 02:37 AM
Totally agree with you on private property. Soon all the rich are going to buy all access land, and we are going to be fucked. SO FUCK PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Actually my post was defending private property. You don't have to worry about the rich; they can't do anything to you without the help of the government's monopoly on force.

And Defskull, my point wasn't to say fuck working or whatever, it was to point out that we wouldn't have to work so hard to maintain a reasonable standard of living if it weren't for government fucking up the price structure with inflation, taxes, and regulations.

Fireal1222

its cool to stop by the board and see so many old school members on just this page alone.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

spirographed

This topic sucks. I can't FIND a job. I feel better about myself when I'm productive. That's just how I am. Granted I'd like to make music for a living.....but in the meantime a regular job wouldn't be so bad.
"The struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles." - Meshuggah

alvarezbassist17

Blame the Federal government, the Federal Reserve, the SEC, the EPA, OSHA, the minimum wage, the Department of Energy, the income tax, the capital gains tax, the dividend income tax, the corporate income tax,  Obamacare, certain portions of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act, the list goes on and on.  All of those things either create uncertainty or undermine the formation of capital, destroying jobs and harming everyone.

But then you gotta roll up your sleeves and get to it.  There are jobs out there; you just have to adapt and maybe take a pay cut.  It does absolutely suck a big sweaty ball sack, but I already told you who to blame for the mess we're in. 

If you want it to change as soon as fucking possible, learn about Ron Paul and convince everyone you know to convince everyone they know to do the same thing.  We actually have a chance to change our near future for the better as opposed to its FAR WORSE option.  I know I might sound like a total shill, but time is running short.

lostpilot

Instead of bullshit and hate let's share who works where.

I work in a authorized Apple premium reseller.
Before you ask - no, I am not an Apple fanboy - though I do have a certain appreciation for some of the Apple products and mostly for the functions/integration/design/etc. But still, not a fanboy, so insult Apple as much as you want, artfags, I am untouchable, lol.

Work is good. My duties are - selling stuff (starting with shitty things like iPhone cases and finishing with custom iMacs, MacBooks, soundsystems, etc), interacting with clients on using Apple products, software, etc; and finally, support. Fixing, restarting, updating, etc etc.

I get paid enough, though there are some major disadvantages to the job - I work in a major shopping mall with lots of shinny lights and stupid customers, it gets super-mentally-tiring, especially while working 11 hour shit. But all is well.