Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

True Blood

Started by devilinside, May 19, 2009, 05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

Any of you watch this? If not...you should.

bright lights, big city

surprisingly, this is one of the few HBO shows I don't watch. Never even gave it a shot, so maybe I should. Big question though, is more like Twilight, or more violent like other vampire movies? Hell, or is it campy like Buffy?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lithium

it's funny, sexy, and straight up raw

it's directed by alan ball, where you a fan of six feet under?
💩

devilinside

It's pretty violent,and lots of sex. It's a more "true to vampire" show,as opposed to Twilight. (they cant go out in daylight,they have fangs) You should at least try it. My friend wasn't much into Twilight,but she's watched the first two episodes of this and likes it a lot.

bright lights, big city

ok cool I'll give it whirl. and yes I did enjoy Six Feet Under
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devlin

my girl and i love this show. can't wait for the new season to start.

devilinside

Yay!! Me too...I've been watching the reruns on On Demand....soo sad about Lafayette. :(

Jacob

great show with great characters. looking forward to the next part.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

devilinside

Got my DVD's yesterday...good stuffs. I've read all the books associated with this show...and this next season should be a REALLY good one. (even though they don't follow the books exactly...hell...Tara isn't even in the first two books and she's WHITE and timid...LOL!)

devlin

are the books any good compared to the show? my girl was looking to get them after she is done reading the book she is on now.

devilinside

Definitely!  There are 9 of them,I finished them all in over a week. Tell her I said she'll love them if she likes the show.

devlin

ok i'll let her know. thanks

devilinside

[youtube=625,550]x-rUvpGEAYU[/youtube]

:D

lithium

only a couple more weeks to go
💩

devilinside

Soooooooooo ready!

lithium

how?! you got some true blood? lol
💩

devilinside

Yup...and i'm pumping up by watching some ASkars (Eric)!!!

[youtube=425,350]2xXaYj33F0A[/youtube]

lithium

💩

devilinside

*spoiler alert*

This was on Ask Ausiello today:

Question: Since you've seen the first four True Blood episodes of season 2, is there anything you can share? --SannaAusiello: They're bloody fangtastic! (Never. Gets. Old.) Seriously, season 2 -- premiering June 14 -- gets off to a thrilling, gory, scary, sexy, disgusting, funny, suspenseful start. Alan Ball would drive a wooden stake through my heart if I spoiled any of the big twists (i.e. my lips are sealed about the fate of a certain flamboyant vampire blood dealer), but here are a few juicy morsels to whet your appetite:

• There are three orgies, all of them powered by Maryann's (Michelle Forbes) aphrodisiac fairy dust.
• Alexander Skarsgard's Nordic vamp has an extremely homoerotic encounter with a character who shall remain nameless. In related news, there are about two dozen gratuitous shirtless shots in the first four episodes, all of them belonging to either Mechad Brooks (Tara's new BF, Eggs) or Ryan Kwanten (Jason).
• Sookie has a very revealing conversation with a new character in episode 4.
• If you're wondering what secret Merlotte's newest waitress (played by Ashley Jones) is harboring, a clue can be found on her skin.

Here's the full article:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/ask ... lo--3.html

devilinside

Tonight was REEEEEEALLY good!! Nothing like what I expected. (show it's kinda going away from the book,but in a good way)