Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

True Blood

Started by devilinside, May 19, 2009, 05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

My two favorite things!  Depeche Mode and True Blood!!!!

[youtube=625,550]w5hXBbEbvPg[/youtube]

:)

Zevaka

i finished season number one recently. And i must say it's VERY GODDAMN stylish tv show. Generally i do not like vampire them (exception for  moonlight, another good vampire show), but True Blood is something special.

What really amazes me is that story pays attention to A LOT OF characters, not like 4-5 are main and others are on the background. No, you see entire town there. Good plot (though final was rather "meh" but that's ok), good actors. Need to start season 2

devilinside

Season 2 is everywhere!! haha This Sunday is the season finale,and I'm super sad. :(  But it will be back,and I can't WAIT! *eep*  And I've had a few people tell me that Moonlight was good,but i haven't seen it yet. :/

devlin

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 09, 2009, 05:55 PM
Season 2 is everywhere!! haha This Sunday is the season finale,and I'm super sad. :(  But it will be back,and I can't WAIT! *eep*  And I've had a few people tell me that Moonlight was good,but i haven't seen it yet. :/

hey you read the books right? what the fuck is up the egg??? that really threw me off.

devilinside

Dude..the egg isn't even in the book!! It has me totally thrown off too. I know the series is based on the books,but dayum...they've gone way off the story line! haha  I guess the egg goes along with Maryanne's chicken hands?? We'll find out Sunday.

devlin

damn. i know you said before that the show strayed from the books, but was hoing that was part of it. that was just so fucking random.

its seems like this season ran kinda slow at first and now they have to cram a bunch into the last couple episodes. only one episode left and a lot still has to be explained and resolved.

devilinside

Yeah, there have been only a handful of episodes this season that I really liked, so Sunday better make up for the onesthat lagged.

devilinside

devlin

it was ok. not great though. i think they wrapped things up too fast. the second half of the episode felt like the begining of season 3.

devilinside

Yeah,I wasn't too happy with the ending. I'm glad Bill got abducted,by Lorena no doubt. (his maker)

devlin

is that how the third book starts?

wither-I

the worst piece of shit ive seen, ever.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

devilinside

You've actually watched it?

Quote from: devlin on Sep 14, 2009, 02:43 PM
is that how the third book starts?

It's either the third or fourth book when she kidnaps him. Yeah...the third. They will introduce a dude named Alcide,he's a werewolf,and from the description he's HAWT! But who knows who they would cast as him.

devlin

so i guess they are keeping the main plot of the books but changing alot of little things?

devilinside

Eeh....kinda yes and no. If they kept it based on the books,I think the series would be sooooo much better.

devlin

is the whole sookie being more than just a mind reader thing in the books? if so, what is she? what is the power thing she did with her hand and how come she could block maryann's powers?

devilinside

Well....in the last book,book 9,we find out her grandfather is a fairy,and she has fairy blood in her. That's why soo many people,in the books,find her desirable.  So I'm thinking the thing with Marianne was that. But again that doesn't come out till waay later.

devlin

i guess they just threw that in there to give an ambiguous reason for why she wasn't effected by marianne

your sister gets me hard

I watched this show.  It's ok.  Season finale in a few days.

charissa

Hubby and I started w/ Season 1 last week. We just finished watching Season 3 Episode 5 last night. It's going to be tempting for me to not watch the rest of 'em today while he's at work, lol. NEITHER of us wanted to like this show OR get hooked, but I was killing time one afternoon last week and started watching and he ended up watching too when he got home and now we both are wondering what the hell we're going to watch when it's over, lol. We don't usu. watch much TV. I think Eric is HOT and hubby likes Lafayette, lol. I haven't read the books, but glad to hear they killed off Ms. Janette instead of him!