Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Fleet Foxes

Started by E-Money, May 28, 2009, 04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

So I just bought their cd and its fantastic.  The melody's and harmony's are really great.  Not my favorite style of music in the world but its a great album start to finish.  If all u dig is metal and are not capable of exploring other genres of music skip this one.  Im interested to see what u guys think about this band....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brZTvGIzeGg&feature=related

bright lights, big city

hey i'm all about the metal, but I like Fleet Foxes. they have a new one coming later this year supposedly.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

I've tried pimping them a bit here but didn't get much response. in fact, none at all.

but I like them a lot and will see them in less than a month actually.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

nice man, pimp away. they deserve it.

btw, nice sig. i lol'd.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wither-I

ive seen alot of notoriety for them. i like them alot, but i enjoy alot of americana/folk music. the've got the bluegrass vocal abilities which i heart

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Jacob

listening to Mykonos atm. one of the best songs I've heard in recent years actually.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: aenemic on May 29, 2009, 10:16 AM
listening to Mykonos atm. one of the best songs I've heard in recent years actually.
gotta agree. definitely my favorite song by them, at least.
DERP

theis

great, chill music. seeing them at Roskilde Festival this summer. I hope they'll play during the day...just get blazed, stand in the sun and listen to Fleet Foxes with a cold beer...mmm, hell yeah.

alvarezbassist17

An bád dubh

Sounds pretty chill. I shall download their debut album.
Thanks for the recommendation!

An bád dubh

The album was alright. It was great background music for packing. But yeah, overall just alright, nothing special.

Jacob

it will grow on you. not many parts will stand out at first listen, but it will grow on you :)

E-Money

Been listening to a ton of Fleet Foxes lately.   Perfect winter music.  New album is gorgeous start to finish. 

theis

Can't stop listening to Helplessness Blues. As a whole I think it's better than their debut.

This song is so amazing:

Fleet Foxes - The Shrine / An Argument

Fleet Foxes - The Shrine/An Argument (Haldern Pop 2011)

bright lights, big city

Totally agree, that song is great. I'm still baffled that Morgan Henderson from The Blood Brothers is with them. Such a huge jump of genres.
DERP

Robotsatemygrandma

Digging it this stuff. Drummer kinda looks like Vincent Gallo.