Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Politics, Society etc.

Started by Nailec, Jun 02, 2009, 07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailec

no. just no. not that i am giving up. but he just makes it way to easy. i must be a troll, there is just no other explanaition for that.

QuoteI'm not an anti semite but i think that SOMETHING is going on,  why would anti semtism even be a word otherwise.  Iv never heard of being anit Italian, or Anti Arab, or anit any other nationality/religion as an understood and widespread feeling

yeah auschwitz was totally the fault of the jews. because there is SOMETHING going on with them.

omg

nonesuch

im no troll, and believe me i have no hateful or even negative feelings toward jews.  And i certainly dont think jews deserve anything bad that has ever happened to them. 

I'm just saying in a world of lies, half truths, and myths,  almost always there is some basis in reality.  And as a student of history I have personally recognized a discernible trend of Jews in positions of power in far flung locations

Maybe its all just some big coincidence, but I think that something, SOMETHING, is going on, other than just random chance
not necessarily devious or malevolent, but it just seems like there is something happening beneath the surface

Why exactly do the people from some little strip of land in the middle east have so much importance in the world?  Its not like all these theories and ideas are being pulled out of the world's collective ass,  you never hear about the scheming yemenis or the plotting bangladeshis, or God's chosen Hondurans 

i drink your milkshake

Nailec

which university are you going too? if it isnt an university in iran, then go visit the next doctor/prof and speak out what u just told us here.

get yourself a  book and go read, where all those stereotypes come from. its certainly not the jews that decided to go into the financial system. they have been forced to do so out of christian antijudaism and antisemitism.

the question is then: why have these prejudices prevailed throughout history and nearly everwhere in the world? (see Hugo Chavez)
i have no clear answer for this. but it has nothing to do with jews being as mighty and influential as the stereotype says. your post show it: its always the nameless jews that control everything. when it comes to hard fats, you will have difficulties to proove it.

an explanation would be that antisemitism quasi is the opposite of racism. while the racists finds himself superior to the other race, the antisemite feels controlled and mastered by jews. i guess financial worries and a lack of democracy amongst other things encourage both antisemitism and racism as party of the same medal.

QuoteWhy exactly do the people from some little strip of land in the middle east have so much importance in the world?

because its the only democracy down there and a nation that was founded to protect its people from total destruction. this is the main reason for zionism.

for once i forgive you as i think you just lack facts and dont know better. as a student, its your duty to question your beliefs even more.

nonesuch

Im actually a graduate from the University of New Orleans and my thoughts are based on facts.  I'm not as a paranoid as i may sound, its just in my personal research I have come across a shocking amount of evidence to imply some sort of higher importance or possibly a planned (ish) grasp of power by Jewish people. 

Recently I read Holy Grail, Holy Blood which basically says Jesus married, had children, and has a lineage that lives on today.  In the book, incalculable connections (through a very scientific and well sourced effort) are made to Jews being Kings (Dagobert and his line), holding extreme amounts of sway (Knights Templar,  Priory of Sion),  and generally being a massive object of attention.

How about the Crusades?  How about the fact that Christians worship a Jew?  And modern day you can't say that an inordinate (in relation to their population) number of powerful positions are held by Jews.  (Goldman Sachs, Ben Bernacke, Greenspan, the heads of A LOT of media sources, the film industry is basically inundated) Look it up yourself

Jews have always held an incredible amount of weight in the history of the world

As i said before, MAYBE, its all just some construed bullshit coincidence and it means absolutely nothing
But i just think its interesting that such a seemingly insignificant "race" has basically always been smack dab in the middle of innumerable world changing and affecting events

I'm not saying its some sort of evil agenda based on usurious inclinations, or anything people should worry about or even care about,  it just makes you wonder

i drink your milkshake

tarkil

* grabs popcorn and waits *

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Will you share some of that popcorn with me?

tarkil

did you bring some beers ?      :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Nailec

so whats your meaning to the (failed) attempt of health care for everyone.

i assume its one of the main topics over there in the news. here in germany, i have to search for articles informing me.

one quote that i find pretty adequate: "freedom, as americans understand it, also means the freedom to spend too much on a pretty inferior health care"

all the racist outgrowings against obama where just disgusting.

all in all i am really surprised, how far the old world differs from the new world when it comes to freedom and solidarity. while i learned that the usa is nation with many patriotic people, i am wondering why these people show so much fear and hate, when their government tries to get involved with their life.

Variable

Because our relatives came over here to get away from governments who were oppressing them.  Governments inherently fail 100% of the time.  They violate your natural rights, privileges, and freedoms 100% of the time.  The US social contract was conceived to let people have as much independence from government as possible.  Government was set up to maintain and army and a police force to enforce property protection.  Thats all the founding fathers envisioned ( in a nut shell ).  I want nothing to do with the government in my life.  They work for me, they do what I tell them, not the other way around ( besides me being a public servant myself in the Military ) But in my mind, when I signed up to do this job.  I was doing it to serve my fellow brothers, not to enforce Government policy on my brothers.  See the difference?  Fuck Government intervention.

As far as the health care issue.  I have been WAY to busy to keep up on current events like I used to.  But I'm 100% against universal health care or social health care or I pay for the health care of the losers who cant afford to pay it themselves because they made bad life decisions and I didn't, healthcare. 

All Joking aside, there is a much, much better way to go.  The Healthcare system in the US is totally fucked.  And we do pay WAY too much for it.  But it has nothing to do with too little government intervention.  It has everything to do with insurance companies.  Of course no one talks about this, because there is an agenda out there my friend.  It's late and I dont have time to get into all the details, but if you dont already know where Im going with this, or want to talk about it.  Just let me know and when I have more time.

My last point for the evening is that no matter how uninformed and idiotic the author of some article is for him to say that our healthcare is inferior because its not socialized, it does not make it true.  Hes just an idiot, and had no idea what he is talking about.  Any time the government is footing the tab in any kind of business, quality always goes down.  Because it becomes about saving money instead of good service, because there is no competition.  You still have a minimum standard you will be held to, but it will never raise above that.  Trust me, I would know, I work in government healthcare ( navy medicine ) it is the most offending and horrendous thing I have ever witnessed.  No one gives a fuck about these Marines.  About men who have sacrificed so much of their lives for what they though was right or just because the government asked them to.  No one gives a shit about them.  they just care about saving money.  Its infuriating because It takes dam near a year to get my friend who I know is fucked up an MRI of his knee because its a lot cheaper to just try motrin and physical therapy 3 times first before spending the money on the test.  Thats superior care?  Fuck that.

When I was a civilian working as an EMT in a civilian ER I got into a conversation with one of my ER docs about government healthcare.  He went to Canada for a couple years to work in their system and try it out.  He said that both of the systems had their ups and downs, but in the end he preferred the American system for a couple reasons.  The main reason being that he has more freedom to do what he wants with his patients because its between him and his patient. Not him, his patient, and some government case worker whos job is to save money.   

for example ( this was the real example he gave me ) He looks over and sees a patient who walked through the door 5 min ago in an agonizing amount of pain.  We could all tell right away it was more than likely a kidney stone.  So Quickly someone like me puts in an IV while the nurse gets morphine and the Doctor orders a CT scan.  5 min after walking through the door, this patient is getting a CT scan to see if he has kidney stones, and he is no longer in pain ( and no one as asked for insurance info or payment info yet ).  In Canada if this same PT came in.  We probably still would have treated the pain the same.  Unless there was a cheaper pain med they were pushing that month.  But we would have simple taken a urine sample and checked it for blood.  If there is blood in the urine, were all 99% sure its a kidney stone.  So whats the problem?  Well we are banking that the stones are small enough to pass on their own.  If they are, no problem.  We just administered great care with a great result and did it cheap.  But, if they are too big to pass then they will tell this poor guy to wait it out for months, maybe even a whole year before they do a CT to see whats going on.  This guy will live in excruciating pain every single day because the government is hoping he will just pass the stones on his own and they can save a couple grand on a CT and a urologist performing a surgery.  Rolling the dice on the quality of human lives, doesnt really jive with me.  Didnt for this doctor either.  In America we know in 10 min exactly what the deal is with those stones and they are either out the door because we know they are small enough, or we send them to Urology because we know they need help and were going to get it to them quick.  Which sounds like superior care?  The standard of car ALWAYS goes down when the government foots the bill.  Its a fact.  The standard of care is already too low in America because of insurance companies, Im not down to lower it any more because of the Government.

People understand this, and thats why we are resisting universal health care.  Because if you are informed at all, you would have to literally be an idiot to think its a good idea.  It has nothing to do with race ( come on now dude, give me a break with those kind of comments already ) and everything to do with the US people standing up and saying that we are supposed to be a free society ( supposed to be ) and you can't do shit like this in a free society.  You can't force me to give up my money ( steal my money ) and give it to someone else because YOU see it fit.  Thats called a forced transfer of wealth, aka tyranny.  You always preach about Nazis, I would think you would realize this. 

Saturday Night Whiskey888

alvarezbassist17

Trey, correct once again.  Here's a couple really good articles that really demonstrate my point of view better than could my own words.

What Is This "Free Market" We Keep Hearing About? Part I
By Tom Mullen
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/article.php?view=161

What Is This "Free Market" We Keep Hearing About? Part II
By Tom Mullen
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/article.php?view=179

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: Saturday Night Whiskey888 on Aug 28, 2009, 08:14 AM
calm down everybody.

Calm down? We have been TOO calm. I'm glad people are actually caring about the healthcare issue or else that means more tyranny in our life instead of life, liberty, and happiness! I hate when people say things like, "don't talk about 'politics' with friends because thats a 'no-no'...."

----------------------------------------------------------

-Time to Get Out of Afghanistan-
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/31/AR2009083102912.html
By George F. Will
Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"Yesterday," reads the e-mail from Allen, a Marine in Afghanistan, "I gave blood because a Marine, while out on patrol, stepped on a [mine's] pressure plate and lost both legs." Then "another Marine with a bullet wound to the head was brought in. Both Marines died this morning."

"I'm sorry about the drama," writes Allen, an enthusiastic infantryman willing to die "so that each of you may grow old." He says: "I put everything in God's hands." And: "Semper Fi!"

Allen and others of America's finest are also in Washington's hands. This city should keep faith with them by rapidly reversing the trajectory of America's involvement in Afghanistan, where, says the Dutch commander of coalition forces in a southern province, walking through the region is "like walking through the Old Testament."

U.S. strategy -- protecting the population -- is increasingly troop-intensive while Americans are increasingly impatient about "deteriorating" (says Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff) conditions. The war already is nearly 50 percent longer than the combined U.S. involvements in two world wars, and NATO assistance is reluctant and often risible.

The U.S. strategy is "clear, hold and build." Clear? Taliban forces can evaporate and then return, confident that U.S. forces will forever be too few to hold gains. Hence nation-building would be impossible even if we knew how, and even if Afghanistan were not the second-worst place to try: The Brookings Institution ranks Somalia as the only nation with a weaker state.

Military historian Max Hastings says Kabul controls only about a third of the country -- "control" is an elastic concept -- and " 'our' Afghans may prove no more viable than were 'our' Vietnamese, the Saigon regime." Just 4,000 Marines are contesting control of Helmand province, which is the size of West Virginia. The New York Times reports a Helmand official saying he has only "police officers who steal and a small group of Afghan soldiers who say they are here for 'vacation.' " Afghanistan's $23 billion gross domestic product is the size of Boise's. Counterinsurgency doctrine teaches, not very helpfully, that development depends on security, and that security depends on development. Three-quarters of Afghanistan's poppy production for opium comes from Helmand. In what should be called Operation Sisyphus, U.S. officials are urging farmers to grow other crops. Endive, perhaps?

Even though violence exploded across Iraq after, and partly because of, three elections, Afghanistan's recent elections were called "crucial." To what? They came, they went, they altered no fundamentals, all of which militate against American "success," whatever that might mean. Creation of an effective central government? Afghanistan has never had one. U.S. Ambassador Karl Eikenberry hopes for a "renewal of trust" of the Afghan people in the government, but the Economist describes President Hamid Karzai's government -- his vice presidential running mate is a drug trafficker -- as so "inept, corrupt and predatory" that people sometimes yearn for restoration of the warlords, "who were less venal and less brutal than Mr. Karzai's lot."

Mullen speaks of combating Afghanistan's "culture of poverty." But that took decades in just a few square miles of the South Bronx. Gen. Stanley McChrystal, the U.S. commander in Afghanistan, thinks jobs programs and local government services might entice many "accidental guerrillas" to leave the Taliban. But before launching New Deal 2.0 in Afghanistan, the Obama administration should ask itself: If U.S. forces are there to prevent reestablishment of al-Qaeda bases -- evidently there are none now -- must there be nation-building invasions of Somalia, Yemen and other sovereignty vacuums?

U.S. forces are being increased by 21,000, to 68,000, bringing the coalition total to 110,000. About 9,000 are from Britain, where support for the war is waning. Counterinsurgency theory concerning the time and the ratio of forces required to protect the population indicates that, nationwide, Afghanistan would need hundreds of thousands of coalition troops, perhaps for a decade or more. That is inconceivable.

So, instead, forces should be substantially reduced to serve a comprehensively revised policy: America should do only what can be done from offshore, using intelligence, drones, cruise missiles, airstrikes and small, potent Special Forces units, concentrating on the porous 1,500-mile border with Pakistan, a nation that actually matters.

Genius, said de Gaulle, recalling Bismarck's decision to halt German forces short of Paris in 1870, sometimes consists of knowing when to stop. Genius is not required to recognize that in Afghanistan, when means now, before more American valor, such as Allen's, is squandered.

georgewill@washpost.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where are all the "democrats" who protested against the wars brought on during the bush era....they are probably still under the Obama Hope spell. Well..HOPEFULLY they will wake up and see that just because a "democrat" is president, doesn't mean a was is happening. Obama has no intentions of  reversing what the Bush administraion implemented. That was never the plan. WAKE UP.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jerry_Curls

Awesome video!

THE UPRISING!
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tsxH0pvTvq8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tsxH0pvTvq8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jerry_Curls

Charlie Sheen sits down with President Barack Obama for 20 minutes...read on!

"CS -  Not exactly sir, but let's be honest. You're the President of the United States, the leader of the free world, the buck stops with you. 9/11 has been the pretext for the systematic dismantling of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. Your administration is reading from the same playbook that the Bush administration foisted on America through documented secrecy and deception.

PBO – Mr. Sheen, I'm having a difficult time sitting here and listening to you draw distorted parallels between the Bush/Cheney regime and mine.

CS – Mr. President the parallels are not distorted just because you say they are. Let's stick to the facts. You promised to abolish the Patriot Act and then voted to re-authorize it. You pledged to end warrantless wire tapping against the American people and now energetically defend it. You decried the practice of rendition and now continue it. You promised over and over again on the campaign trail, that you would end the practice of indefinite detention and instead, you have expanded it to permanent detention of "detainees" without trial. This far exceeds the outrages of the former administration. Call me crazy Mr. President, but is this not your record?....."

http://www.prisonplanet.com/twenty-minutes-with-the-president.html
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

lostpilot

PBO – Now you sound like the First Lady.

CS – That's quite a compliment sir.

PBO – As you wish. Please continue.

lol

anyway, nice read, Jerry

Nailec

Obama is pretty stupid for doing an interview with 911 truthers and paranoids.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

I'd read it if the page would load for me.

Quote from: Nailec on Sep 08, 2009, 07:22 PM
Obama is pretty stupid for doing an interview with 911 truthers and paranoids.

My dad has been saying since before Obama was elected that he thinks Obama would (possibly indirectly or subtly) expose 9/11 for what it really is.

So this maybe fits into my dad's prediction? I don't know. I can't fucking read it.

Variable

Obama doesn't have the courage to do that.  That is a guaranteed death sentence.  He wont do it. 

Nailec

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Sep 08, 2009, 04:28 PM
Charlie Sheen sits down with President Barack Obama for 20 minutes...read on!

"CS -  Not exactly sir, but let's be honest. You're the President of the United States, the leader of the free world, the buck stops with you. 9/11 has been the pretext for the systematic dismantling of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. Your administration is reading from the same playbook that the Bush administration foisted on America through documented secrecy and deception.

PBO – Mr. Sheen, I'm having a difficult time sitting here and listening to you draw distorted parallels between the Bush/Cheney regime and mine.

CS – Mr. President the parallels are not distorted just because you say they are. Let's stick to the facts. You promised to abolish the Patriot Act and then voted to re-authorize it. You pledged to end warrantless wire tapping against the American people and now energetically defend it. You decried the practice of rendition and now continue it. You promised over and over again on the campaign trail, that you would end the practice of indefinite detention and instead, you have expanded it to permanent detention of "detainees" without trial. This far exceeds the outrages of the former administration. Call me crazy Mr. President, but is this not your record?....."

http://www.prisonplanet.com/twenty-minutes-with-the-president.html

QuoteAuthor's Note:  What you have just read didn't actually happen... yet.

lol the whole interview was fake.

Obama doesn't have the courage to do that.  That is a guaranteed death sentence.  He wont do it.

always easy to make a very wild thesis that noone can proove wrong or false.

Jerry_Curls

I don't know what you said because you're ignored soooooo....fuck you.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.