Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Politics, Society etc.

Started by Nailec, Jun 02, 2009, 07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

You got some rock? I'll suck yo' dick...

Variable

once again.  It always goes gay

nonesuch

nailec your a damn idiot

your an anti gentite and you need to shut the fuck up with your stupid jewish nonsense
i drink your milkshake

Nailec

QuoteAre you fucking kidding me?  I know English isn't your first language but its all right there for you to read.  He got mad because he thought you were accusing him of quoting you tube and radio shows.  Then you came back in defense and said "learn how to read. i never said that you are working with youtube or radio shows."  Even though the word "working" never came up before you said it.  Then you went off about him putting words in your mouth even though it was the other way around.  I know you're not this dumb.  Read it again and look at the mistake you made.

lulz man i guess i still dont get it.

QuoteThen you came back in defense and said "learn how to read. i never said that you are working with youtube or radio shows."

this sentence of me is synonym with " i never said your are quoting youtube or radio shows"

this is how i meant to use the word "work"

Nailec

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Sep 13, 2009, 03:35 AM
Quote from: Nailec on Sep 13, 2009, 02:24 AMthe NWO- theorists are full of people that either directly claim that jews run the world or they claim that the world is run by a global elite and the financial system.

Oh shit. I'm an anti-semite. In spite of one of my closest friends being one of the jewiest jews I have ever met. In spite of the fact that I am fascinated with judaism. In spite of the fact that judaism is pretty much the only organized religion that I have  lot of respect for.

This is exactly my fucking point. STOP putting words into people's mouths if you want other people to stop doing that to you.

Idiot.

Also, what the hell happened to Cory?

jajaja my friend is black so i cant be a racist? i probablly used this argument when i was 16.

Nailec

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Sep 13, 2009, 03:44 AM
Quote from: Nailec on Sep 13, 2009, 02:24 AMthe NWO- theorists are full of people that either directly claim that jews run the world or they claim that the world is run by a global elite and the financial system.

What "theory"? Did you not read the newspapers? Magazines like TIME name-dropping "new world order" during the start of our financial collapse in articles? People like Lou Dobbs talking about the NWO on his show, your saviour Obama saying "nwo" during speeches...man. Research Bilderberg. The Queen bitch controlling GE [general electric] who owns MSNBC who spew out lies.

I just don't get how knowing that a family of 300 people running the world is an anti-semitic way of thinking. Its the truth.

Why hasn't Obama done anything to reverse the policies that the Bush administration put into place? Because that has never been the plan. He's just another pawn. ARREST BUSH if you're REALLY for the people!

"For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence--on infiltration instead of invasion, on subversion instead of elections, on intimidation instead of free choice"
-President John F. Kennedy
Waldorf-Astoria Hotel
New York City, April 27, 1961

you are absolutely right with most what you say here. but there is a semantic difference in the use of the term NWO. probablly there are more than two ways to read it, but i would differ betwenn how the conspiracy industry uses it and how most politicians use it.

the problem i have is with sentences like these:

"a family of 300 people running the world"

"Because that has never been the plan. He's just another pawn"

this implies to me that you think that there is something like a few puppet masters that control politicians and that act on a world-wide plan. it just ignores how complicated the world actually works. i am really not ignoring that there are people and companies that have way too much power like some banks and media companies. but they are not all the same. they have different interests and surely dont control the G8 or G20 or something.

i think when politicians these days are talking about a new world order, they mean  the changes, that are brought by the world wide financial and banking crisis.
1. the changes that already happened
2. the changes that have to be made in political decisions in order to handle this crisis. and because the economy is linked in most nations of the world, it will be necessary that the leaders of those nations find a solution that helps them all.

Nailec

Quote from: Nailec on Sep 13, 2009, 02:19 PM

Oh shit. I'm an anti-semite. In spite of one of my closest friends being one of the jewiest jews I have ever met. In spite of the fact that I am fascinated with judaism. In spite of the fact that judaism is pretty much the only organized religion that I have  lot of respect for.

This is exactly my fucking point. STOP putting words into people's mouths if you want other people to stop doing that to you.

Idiot.

jajaja my friend is black so i cant be a racist? i probablly used this argument when i was 16.

also i remember that i somewhen explained to you, that modern antisemitic argument must not mean jews directly (therefore structural antisemitism) but come from older forms of antisemitism and may be a potent ground for the real antisemites in the world.

Jerry_Curls

Here are some more NWO quotes...

"We are not
going to achieve a
NEW WORLD ORDER
without paying for it in
BLOOD
as well as in words and money"

-Arthur Schlesinger Jr. in the July/August 1995 issue of Foreign Affairs.

"We shall have World Government, whether or not we like it.
The only question is whether World Government will be achieved by conquest or consent."

- James Paul Warburg, appearing before the U.S. Senate on February 7th, 1950
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

Quote from: Nailec on Sep 13, 2009, 02:16 PM
QuoteAre you fucking kidding me?  I know English isn’t your first language but its all right there for you to read.  He got mad because he thought you were accusing him of quoting you tube and radio shows.  Then you came back in defense and said “learn how to read. i never said that you are working with youtube or radio shows.”  Even though the word “working” never came up before you said it.  Then you went off about him putting words in your mouth even though it was the other way around.  I know you’re not this dumb.  Read it again and look at the mistake you made.

lulz man i guess i still dont get it.

QuoteThen you came back in defense and said “learn how to read. i never said that you are working with youtube or radio shows.”

this sentence of me is synonym with " i never said your are quoting youtube or radio shows"

this is how i meant to use the word "work"
Well work and quote are not synonyms

Nailec

sorry then. the german word for "work" can be used in many ways.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Nailec on Sep 13, 2009, 02:38 PM

Idiot.

also i remember that i somewhen explained to you, that modern antisemitic argument must not mean jews directly (therefore structural antisemitism) but come from older forms of antisemitism and may be a potent ground for the real antisemites in the world.

I hate you so much right now, man.

devlin

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Sep 13, 2009, 05:36 PM
Quote from: Nailec on Sep 13, 2009, 02:38 PM

Idiot.

I hate you so much right now, man.

yeah man settle down with that shit. you are REALLY overcompensating for the fact that your people did horrible things to the jews.  but calling people out for being antisemitic when they said something that had nothing to do with the jews. but you managed to play 7 degrees of kevin bacon and make some retarded connection because of the "modern antisemitic argument" is getting real old.  we get it your german and you are the jews biggest defender. now give it a rest.

alvarezbassist17

haha omg this thread is a frustrating read.  I think the Jews running the NWO are paying nailec to say all this shit.

so this was posted on campaign for liberty, i thought it was pretty interesting.

Posted by Jonathan Kovaciny on 09/11/09
Last updated 09/11/09

The following letter to the editor was published in my hometown newspaper last week:

As a progressive liberal, I believe health care to be an unalienable American right. All United States citizens are endowed with this natural human birthright. Our republic was founded upon the principle of equal justice and equal opportunity. Justice demands that our federal government fulfill this fundamental obligation and ensure that every American citizen has the opportunity to receive the very best medical care available.

All Americans, from a newly-born child to an aging baby boomer, deserve equal opportunity to live and enjoy safe, meaningful and healthy lives. Working together, with unselfish hearts and open minds, we can guarantee that the life and health of every member of our community be equally respected, equally valued and equally protected.

In our democracy, the federal government has a historic responsibility to care for the welfare of all of its citizens, regardless of their wealth or income, race or ethnicity, religion or nationality, gender or sexual orientation, ability or disability.

In 1776, the Declaration of Independence founded our nation on the right to live a purposeful life. In 1789, the Constitution committed our government to care for the common welfare of all citizens. In 1865, Abraham Lincoln's second inaugural address called for malice toward none and charity for all of our fellow citizens.

Today, the time has come for all true American patriots to come together to establish universal health care. It is our moral responsibility and our sacred duty to build upon the legacy of our founding brothers to forge a more perfect and a more healthy national union.

I replied with the following letter:

In his September 4 letter, Mr. Urban attempted to connect government-provided health care to natural rights and our nation's founding documents. His letter was littered with noble-sounding words and emotional appeals, but wholly inaccurate.

Health care is unequivocally not a right. It's especially not an American right, as Urban stated several times. Are those living in other countries somehow less worthy? Life, liberty, and property are rights; health care is a responsibility. Don't confuse the two.

Unlike rights, health care (and other goods and services) must be provided by someone. I have no more right to free health services than I would to a free shopping cart full of groceries. Whether I need a dozen eggs or an MRI, it is my responsibility to pay for them. If you need eggs or an MRI, please don't use the government to forcibly and anonymously extract money from me to pay for what you've received. Government "charity" is not charity at all, and it has destroyed real charity and created a permanent class of dependents.

Urban appealed to the Constitution's 'general welfare' clause to legitimize federal provision of health services. This clause is a common excuse for government to do nearly anything it wants, as someone always benefits whenever the government hands out other people's money. 'General welfare' is not doing nice things for individuals, but for the good of the Union as a whole.

The Constitution does not and cannot grant fundamental rights, nor can any document or proclamation-it instead prohibits our government from interfering with the rights that all people already have. It is this that made America unique and allowed liberty to flourish.

Which was edited (weakening it, I believe) by the paper's editors and published today:

In his Your View published Sept. 4, Scott Urban attempted to connect government-provided health care to natural rights and our nation's founding documents. His letter was littered with noble-sounding words and emotional appeals, but was wholly inaccurate, in my opinion.

Health care is unequivocally not a right. It's especially not an American right, as Urban stated several times. Are those living in other countries somehow less worthy? Life, liberty, and property are rights; health care is a responsibility. Don't confuse the two. Unlike rights, health care (and other goods and services) must be provided by someone. I have no more right to free health services than I would to a free shopping cart full of groceries. Whether I need a dozen eggs or an MRI, it is my responsibility to pay for them. If you need eggs or an MRI, please don't use the government to forcibly and anonymously extract money from me to pay for what you've received.

Government "charity" is not charity at all, and it has destroyed real charity and created a permanent class of dependents. Urban appealed to the Constitution's general welfare clause to legitimize federal provision of health services. This clause is a common excuse for government to do nearly anything it wants, as someone always benefits whenever the government hands out other people's money. General welfare is not doing nice things for individuals, but for the good of the Union as a whole.

The Constitution does not and cannot grant fundamental rights, nor can any document or proclamation - it instead prohibits our government from interfering with the rights that all people already have. It is this that made America unique and allowed liberty to flourish.

Ah well, at least it got published.

Among others, I received this message from a friend this morning (hopefully they won't mind me posting it here):

I read your letter to the Editor this morning, and I understand where you are coming from. I challenge you, though, to really look at the people who want to take responsibility for their health care but have no means to. This is not a question of wanting to take responsibility, but rather being able to afford to take responsibility.

You have a large family, and luckily you have a great job working for [my employer]. I'm sure you have nice benefits as well. But you can't tell me that you and [my wife] never struggled to make ends meet? And that's with both of you having college degrees. I challenge you to think of the people not like you. To think of the people who work unskilled jobs and make minimum wage. They cannot afford health care, and if they become sick-- well, it really is debt or death.

Having the government step does not mean limitation of freedom. The government was set up for a purpose. Just like social security was set up for a purpose. Don't be afraid, Jon. Life is not black and white. Even though you are 30 something, I still challenge you to really look at poverty in America and not so much what Health Care Reform can do for you-- but what it can do for our country.

You are a smart man. Look beyond yourself.

To which I replied:

I would have addressed your points in my letter but it's limited to 275 words by the Free Press--not a lot of space to make a convincing argument for anything. Also, they added "in my opinion" to the second sentence (as if anything in the LTTE section isn't an opinion) and re-paragraphed my letter in such a way that several of my points were broken up and other points were uncomfortably combined.

You mention Social Security, so I'll address that first. Social Security (like Medicare) is a giant Ponzi scheme that has only persisted thus far because it has been continually expanded. There is no actual money in the Social Security 'trust fund'. It will soon fail. In addition, it teaches people to rely on government (i.e. other taxpayers) for their support in old age, rather than making a concerted effort to save and/or having many children for support. Because people have fewer children as a result, there are fewer new taxpayers to support the aging population. People save less and spend more, consuming resources and leaving less money available for retirement.

More to the main point of your letter, I certainly *am* thinking of people less fortunate than me. They should be seeking support from their family, friends, churches, neighbors, charities, etc. When the government provides charity or a 'safety net' for people, it completely erodes these important community connections and depersonalizes the act of asking for support and the act of giving support. This depersonalization also makes it easy to ask for help when you don't *really* need it, which leads to abuse and overuse. Additionally, the government has no real incentive to get people off the dole and back on their own, while a personal donor does. The 'War on Poverty' has been running for decades, and we still have just as many poor people even though we've spent hundreds of billions of dollars. All of the tax money needed to pay for that has a tendency to drive more people toward government support, since they have less money of their own to begin with.

I currently have a $1200 bill to pay for an ultrasound and x-ray examination of my daughter's kidneys, all done in under 2 hours. At least half of that cost is due to well-intentioned government intervention. If I had any idea of the cost before the procedure was done, I would have sought a second opinion first and possibly pursued other, cheaper methods.

There is an amazing amount of government in our health care system already, including health insurance mandates, Medicare, Medicaid, VA, Indian Health Service, myriad regulations of all drugs, medical equipment, and services, personnel licensing requirements, etc., etc. Complying with these regulations is terrifically expensive and makes health care unaffordable; it also makes costs rise much faster than the general rate of inflation. Government wage controls during WWII led employers to add health benefits to attract employees, which coupled insurance to employment, which causes all sorts of problems and makes insurance unaffordable for the self-employed and those with part time jobs. (And it forces people to stay in jobs they hate so they don't lose benefits.)

Insurance companies, when they operate free from the government intervention that changes them from what they should be--insurers against catastrophic loss--into byzantine third-party payment systems (what we have in health insurance today), are the ultimate safety net.

Adding more government complexity to the mix will not improve what would otherwise be a simple and affordable system if the government would just get out of the way. If car insurance were run the same way as health insurance, we'd be crying for national car insurance reform right now, too. You'd need a full time job to get car insurance, and the govt would require all insurance plans to cover gasoline, oil changes, and repairs. All mechanics would have to be certified by a state board. You'd have no idea how much an oil change cost, but it wouldn't matter because the government would be paying for it. Etc.

I encourage you to read Hazlitt's "Economics in One Lesson", online here: http://jim.com/econ/ It was key to my recently-developed passion for economics (passionate? for economics? weird, I know!) and laid the foundation for my political activism.

Thanks for writing, and thanks for reading my reply.

Now I'm going to have to put in a few hours this weekend to make up for lost time at work! Besides, I need to earn a lot of money to help pay for everyone else's health care! :D

Nailec

QuoteI think the Jews running the NWO are paying nailec to say all this shit.

lol allthough i think you were being sarcastic, its not the first time i read or hear this statement against someone who stands up for jews.

what are the alternatives to obamacare?

Jerry_Curls

Awesome! Jonathan has a way with words.

I don't want the government telling me what kind of healthcare I need. I also don't need the gov't fining me if I don't want healthcare. That's bullshit!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

wither-I

Quote from: Nailec on Sep 13, 2009, 09:14 PM
QuoteI think the Jews running the NWO are paying nailec to say all this shit.

lol allthough i think you were being sarcastic, its not the first time i read or hear this statement against someone who stands up for jews.

what are the alternatives to obamacare?
did any of your family/ancestory fight in the war?
were they Nazis?
did they kill jews?
have you known any of these murderers whether family or not?
there are still survivors of that time surrounding you?
do you feel ashamed??
do you hate yourself?
do you also wish you could turn back time?
have you learned to forgive?

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Nailec

Quotedid any of your family/ancestory fight in the war?
were they Nazis?
did they kill jews?
have you known any of these murderers whether family or not?
there are still survivors of that time surrounding you?
do you feel ashamed??
do you hate yourself?
do you also wish you could turn back time?
have you learned to forgive?

what do you seek for? a psychoanalysis of my person?

wither-I

let it go. your guilt has no room ro breathe in a world like this. move on.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Crazylegs

so who's following the norwegian election? go AP!

tarkil

I'm not... You give us a quick debrief ?     :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.