Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Film Draft Discussion

Started by lithium, Jun 03, 2009, 05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgentlovecraft

I'm done with zombie flicks!  I figured the one that started it all and a romantic, zombie comedy (hit a few genres) summed it up nicely.  I can think of a few more that deserve a mention, but they're all yours.  ;)

defskull

I know this might be nerdy but at the end I think it would be fun to find out which director and which year was most popular.

bright lights, big city

good call. for me, 1994 was a HUGE year. about 6 movies came out that year that i would consider classics.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

Tarantino, Kubrick, Speilberg, Fincher would be shoe-ins for top directors.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jun 23, 2009, 10:35 PM
I'm done with zombie flicks!  I figured the one that started it all and a romantic, zombie comedy (hit a few genres) summed it up nicely.  I can think of a few more that deserve a mention, but they're all yours.  ;)

Case in point, nice pick, Theis!

theis

Thanks! One of the most underrated horror flicks. Definitely a favorite of mine.

oldgentlovecraft

I love that movie!  I only caught it a few years ago and was pissed I hadn't watched it earlier.  His assistant (Nagi?) is hilarious.

defskull

Holy shit Lithium I want to kill you.  Children of Men was one of the first picks I had in my mind but assumed no one would pick it up.  Wow.  I officially hate you.

theis

I must be the only one who absolutely hated Children of Men.

Mikey

Quote from: defskull on Jun 25, 2009, 06:35 PM
Holy shit Lithium I want to kill you.  Children of Men was one of the first picks I had in my mind but assumed no one would pick it up.  Wow.  I officially hate you.
hahaha i second that... fuck, everybody is taking all my movies before i get a chance to put them down.  :(
Movies that were on my original list that have been chosen (no fooling):
oldboy
natural born killers
pulp fiction
children of men
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

we should all meet up one day and have a film fest..... it seems like we all like the same kinda movies :)

lithium

Why did u hate children of men theis?! And meeting up for a film fest would be awesome.
💩

oldgentlovecraft

I'm picking spontaneously.  I'm putting all of the movies on my list that have that certain feel to them that make them repeatedly watchable.  I keep an eye on everyone's picks and then do my thing.

lithium

I've got a few aces up my sleeve still, and Im amazed no ones picked these little gems yet.
💩

defskull

I figured Children of Men was my little gem.  I almost picked it second but though, Nah no one will take that.  Well fuck you guys! I'm taking Raiders of the Lost Ark

lithium

You're cutting it close there pal!
💩

theis

Aww, shit dudes. I'm going to the Roskilde Festival tomorrow and wont be home again until July 5.

Can I PM a bunch of movies (in order) to one of you guys? So that you could make sure I'd still be in the draft.

oldgentlovecraft

Yeah, I'm sure any of us can get your back.

lithium

Quote from: devilinside on Jun 28, 2009, 08:16 PM
I already know who I'm voting for,based on one movie!! hahaha
keep the chit chat in here kthxby
💩

bright lights, big city

the thing was seriously my next pick. jerk.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defTHE1s

It consists on 10 picks, right?
So i have still two to pick!

hope nobody could read my mind for my next two picks...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...