Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

My Paintings

Started by wither-I, Jun 18, 2009, 11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

Hi :)

My name is kyle and I will host my paintings here.
This is my first time working with oils. I dont have pics of all my paintings yet becuase my camera is distraught, but here is one to share for now. let me know what you think, -any critique is great! thanks, enjoy :)

"flying cow"  (60X40)

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

you're like SO much better than me :)
nice

wither-I

i dont like to compare... but thank you very much! i also enjoyed your work!

theis

wither-I

thanks man!

any suggestions/other response??

I've been working hard today (for a 6 hours straight) on some gangster clouds and the whole piece is coming out amazing (possibly my best as of yet),- though there are still a couple more wihout pics :(

but soon... happy days, happy days :)

wither-I

here's a new pic of one i did about a month ago;

stank eye (48X30)

theis

you're seriously talented, man. that looks like something that belongs in an art museum. you should try to distribute these or something.

wither-I

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jun 20, 2009, 02:32 AM
you're seriously talented, man. that looks like something that belongs in an art museum. you should try to distribute these or something.

Dude! thank you thank you!! thats such an amazing thing to hear! this is actually only my second oil painting ive ever done hehe... i went through the talented art programs growing up but i never gave much of two shits... i liked art, but not the process of doing it. so this is the first time ive done anything of this size and concept. i spent about 24 hours on it altogether, with only an angle brush but im happy with it, and glad to hear the positive response, the work is paid off :)
and im definitely going to pursue a showing, i figure in another two or three months ill have a pretty solid body of work...
i feel much happier and content with my life now that im creating, and i hope to share more with you all as i go along!

lostpilot

I'll go along with Theis, you really have the talent for this.
I believe some more time and you will be able to make money from your art :)

wither-I

thanks bro!! I do feel really inspired the more i paint, i can feel everything becoming more fluid, along with life around me... im going to register for classes at the academy of fine arts here in new orleans, so i can learn more about anatomical proportion and technique with painting and drawing... as i see it i can always get "better", -its endless really and im up for the challenge! thanks again for the good words, it means the world...

here is a pic my first oil!

"Ruin of Ages"
(40X30)

lostpilot

this makes me remember my own wish to finally move my sketches to canvas. if only I had money for the canvas lul..

you reminded to update my own art thread with some of my new stuff..
check in somewhat 30 minutes if interested :)

rock_n_frost

your last post is awesome...
i  like it so much, keep doing shitz like that..

my advise is use more paint
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

wither-I

thanks man!! yeah i mean theyre pretty big canvases so i use alot of paint already, but im gonna lay it on heavier as i go, getting more dimension too, and researching my perspectives and detail more... these are ust some ideas ive been working out in my head recently so i put them down for my first paintings... Im almost done my new one, and i think its th best yet.. ill upload a pic late tomorrow or the next day. thanks again!

shine down unshy

Quote from: wither-I on Jun 20, 2009, 06:05 PM
thanks bro!! I do feel really inspired the more i paint, i can feel everything becoming more fluid, along with life around me... im going to register for classes at the academy of fine arts here in new orleans, so i can learn more about anatomical proportion and technique with painting and drawing... as i see it i can always get "better", -its endless really and im up for the challenge! thanks again for the good words, it means the world...

here is a pic my first oil!

"Ruin of Ages"
(40X30)

I'm diggin' this one..good work, man.

wither-I

thanks bro!!

"Houston to Babel... Do you read?"
(48X30)

lostpilot

maaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
I'm jealous

wither-I

ill take that as a compliment! i got a little anxious with this one towards the end, but i dig the result... starting on my new one today, or atleast planning extensively.. cant stop now, inertia strikes again...thanks again bro :)

devilinside

Wow....you're really good! Consider selling any?

wither-I

Quote from: devilinside on Jun 28, 2009, 07:26 AM
Wow....you're really good! Consider selling any?
\thanks you very much! and yes i will eventually. im looing forward to having a show first of corse, but im changing some things and starting anew with the painting, ill post a pic soon...

wither-I

just got done an 11 hour binge session. hope you all enjoy it!

"Receding The Ruin: A Brief Moment of Duality That May Never Happen Again"
(40X30)