Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

My Paintings

Started by wither-I, Jun 18, 2009, 11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

send me one of your paintings as a present, lol.
they're really nice

No More Sugar

Quote from: wither-I on Jun 20, 2009, 06:05 PM
thanks bro!! I do feel really inspired the more i paint, i can feel everything becoming more fluid, along with life around me... im going to register for classes at the academy of fine arts here in new orleans, so i can learn more about anatomical proportion and technique with painting and drawing... as i see it i can always get "better", -its endless really and im up for the challenge! thanks again for the good words, it means the world...

here is a pic my first oil!

"Ruin of Ages"
(40X30)

I like all of your pieces, but I really like this one alot. The contrast of everything is just so great. It's like you captured sunset in your hands and splashed it on canvas. You are a great artist, don't ever quit creating. :)
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

wither-I

Quote from: lostpilot on Jul 10, 2009, 07:32 PM
send me one of your paintings as a present, lol.
they're really nice
haha! well hopefully in the coming years i will be travelling abroad to showcase my work, so i may just drop in on you and deliver one by my own hands :)
Quote from: No More Sugar on Jul 10, 2009, 07:39 PM
Quote from: wither-I on Jun 20, 2009, 06:05 PM
thanks bro!! I do feel really inspired the more i paint, i can feel everything becoming more fluid, along with life around me... im going to register for classes at the academy of fine arts here in new orleans, so i can learn more about anatomical proportion and technique with painting and drawing... as i see it i can always get "better", -its endless really and im up for the challenge! thanks again for the good words, it means the world...

here is a pic my first oil!

"Ruin of Ages"
(40X30)

I like all of your pieces, but I really like this one alot. The contrast of everything is just so great. It's like you captured sunset in your hands and splashed it on canvas. You are a great artist, don't ever quit creating. :)
thank you than you! reading this made me smile very widely lol. im glad you sincerily enjoy my paintings, -it is THE greatest reward for my hard work. and you can guarantee I will NEVER STOP hahaha

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

I'm pretty sure you would not come to Lithuania lol :)

wither-I

I've longed to see it actually :)

wither-I

(24X36)
"And to all we know... may it be the first to go"
oil

:)

lostpilot

is it just the camera or the colours are a bit washed out?

wither-I

are you talking about the background? if so its just multiple layering over a few days, i really like the effect. the oils im using right now are fine quality and have a high sheen from the mmineral spirits within the oils so it has some reflection from the camera, and its fresh paint... but man, it def has to be seen in person, this painting took me about 65 hours and there is some incredible detail in there!

defkitty

Quote from: wither-I on Jul 30, 2009, 08:12 AM
(24X36)
"And to all we know... may it be the first to go"
oil

:)

great painting! The elephant is boss

he who dies with the most toys wins

lostpilot

I meant everything else but the background. it just seems washed out :)

wither-I

haha im still not sure what you mean.. i mean it is washed out literally!! and thanks for the comment defkitty, you may just see that elephant again :)

devilinside

Once again...great work. Paint a Japanese scene for me and I'll buy it...like trees and stuff. I'm serious.

wither-I

Quote from: devilinside on Jul 31, 2009, 09:44 AM
Once again...great work. Paint a Japanese scene for me and I'll buy it...like trees and stuff. I'm serious.
thank you thank you! i just sold the new one to a collector for 900 grand so im pretty excited  :D

devilinside

What??? $900,000?? Well shit...thats a little out of my price range. LOL!

lostpilot

I think he meant 900.. cause it would be freaking insane if he sold it for 900 grand

wither-I

i was joking, really

i dont want to sell any of my paintings.
i show you all because i want you to see...

i believe in creating for creation's sake. thats all i can say

devilinside

Yeah...but you should create for my walls sake! I want original paintings. I have original PICTURES (mine of course),but I want a big painting. *sigh*    I need to go to an art show.

occipudding

i like houston to babel best
machete!  meow

wither-I

Quote from: devilinside on Jul 31, 2009, 09:58 PM
Yeah...but you should create for my walls sake! I want original paintings. I have original PICTURES (mine of course),but I want a big painting. *sigh*    I need to go to an art show.
you are invited to my show when it commences! but it prob wont be for another 6-10 months

Quote from: occipudding on Aug 01, 2009, 03:29 AM
i like houston to babel best
thanks man :)

pixElsblUr

I dig the one with the dudes dancin with the lion face, it's trippy, I used to paint sometime back also, keep up the good work.