Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

My Paintings

Started by wither-I, Jun 18, 2009, 11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Oct 03, 2009, 01:21 AM
i was wondering; what kind of job do you have? not to snoop around...just generally interested :)
i own a couple of houses and collect rent :)

"coming into the nearness of distance"

theis

so you rent out rooms to people?

wither-I

basically, yes. i dont make alot of money however. i actually make just enough to eat and live and buy paints :)

flood insurance is a bitch in new orleans ;)

theis

that's still pretty cool, man. sounds like a very "free" way of living.

wither-I

yeah its great! it enables me to paint for hours on end daily

Jacob

I can't say it enough man, you're really talented and I'm so jealous of your situation right now. over the last few months I've been thinking a lot about my job and what do in the future and I've come to the conclusion that I really need to find something that let's me have a lot of free hours and not tie me down to a chair in an office 8 hours every day. I've always been a creative person and all I want to do is paint and make music. how the hell I'm going to achieve that is beyond me unfortunately. fortunately money has never been very important to me, as long as I can eat alright and sleep in a bed...
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

wither-I

Quote from: Jacob on Oct 03, 2009, 12:51 PM
I can't say it enough man, you're really talented and I'm so jealous of your situation right now. over the last few months I've been thinking a lot about my job and what do in the future and I've come to the conclusion that I really need to find something that let's me have a lot of free hours and not tie me down to a chair in an office 8 hours every day. I've always been a creative person and all I want to do is paint and make music. how the hell I'm going to achieve that is beyond me unfortunately. fortunately money has never been very important to me, as long as I can eat alright and sleep in a bed...
i dont know your situation. but im sure there is some way. i mean, i havent always been so fortunate. ill spare the pitiful tale of woes, but honestly sometimes im not sure how im still alive. but it makes me what i am. and my drive stems from it. as long as you remain relentless in your pursuit of passion, that kenetic momentum will eventually take hold, and oppurtunities will follow, i believe it.
im rooting for you man! i know what it means to creative people like you, or me, or anyone else, its a constat struggle sometimes because maybe not living up to that passion per say.. so make your will and indomitable one!

wither-I

lostpilot

neat. I gotta brag about myself, done my first one of the canvas; though it's gonna be a tryptich so I'm not gonna rush to post it here :)
it was a nice experience

wither-I

Quote from: lostpilot on Oct 14, 2009, 07:07 PM
neat. I gotta brag about myself, done my first one of the canvas; though it's gonna be a tryptich so I'm not gonna rush to post it here :)
it was a nice experience
nice dood!!! so your done the first piece of the trio? yeah if its conceptual leave it uncovered for now! :) im stoked to see it mang

lostpilot

well it's nothing special, I'm starting with some abstract things, then I'll buy a bigger canvas (these ones are gonna be small) and try something else which I always had in my mind.

wither-I

regardless, im excited to see it! i like abstract expressionist stuff, id like to do some of that too

wither-I

"Where Light Still Grows Whilst You Sleep"
(24X30)
oil

devilinside

Great job! I love the blues in it.

wither-I

thank you very much! it means the world :)

sing blue silver

very impressive work. its sleepy and gloomy but also bright. thumbs up.

wither-I

thanks bro! i do try and capture those contrasting states and compliment them to each other :)

sing blue silver

well you do it very well.

wither-I

"exalting the relative fabric: a laudable gesture to everything cyclical"
(24X30)
oil

lostpilot

I had a dream of you today :)
Weird