haha people have said that to me before about the tool coincidence

"coming into the nearness of distance"

wither-I

"the birth and transit of near-earth objects"
(24X36)
oil

Jacob

that's probably my favorite of all your paintings so far. I'd pay for it. but I guess shipping to Sweden would be a bit too expensive.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

lostpilot

Quote from: wither-I on Jan 12, 2010, 05:47 AM
(24X36)
oil

WOW, superb :)

wither-I

Quote from: Jacob on Jan 12, 2010, 10:01 AM
that's probably my favorite of all your paintings so far. I'd pay for it. but I guess shipping to Sweden would be a bit too expensive.
Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 12, 2010, 10:07 AM

WOW, superb :)

i think i need to make a trip through europe to visit my two best virtual friends  ;D

again. thank you for even taking the time to comment.

one weak

Quote from: wither-I on Jan 12, 2010, 05:47 AM
(24X36)
oil

You have come so far from the first few you painted. I really like this one, and it appears so much more...succinct? Anyway, looks great.

wither-I

thanks mate!

2009 was great because i actually started painting and finding a new way, and i could agree more im grasping the paints more and more, growing confidence as i go, and actualizing my true vision more and more with each new one. theres so much i want to do with it, so right now i consider it somewhat of an experimental stage... on until...

ill say it again, the best is YET to come :)

lostpilot

how could I have forgotten this,
I had a dream with you (again?)

it was a part of a generally chaotic dream - we were walking in your gallery and you were showing me enormous pictures you've drawn, something really surrealistic. I remember that everything you say would be voiceless and would just appear in front of my in a form of free text. cool!

I like remembering dreams in the middle of a day
and yes, internet buddies do affect my brain, yeah

what if I asked you to do a cover for one of my upcoming albums, Constellations?

Jacob

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 13, 2010, 06:43 PM
it was a part of a generally erotic dream - we were walking in your gallery and you were showing me enormous penises you've drawn, something really surrealistic.

I fixed that for ya.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Jacob on Jan 13, 2010, 06:49 PM
it was a part of a generally erotic dream - we were walking in your gallery and you were showing me enormous penises you've drawn, something really surrealistic.

I fixed that for ya.
hahah far out man
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wither-I

how could I have forgotten this,
I had a dream with you (again?)

it was a part of a generally chaotic dream - we were walking in your gallery and you were showing me enormous pictures you've drawn, something really surrealistic. I remember that everything you say would be voiceless and would just appear in front of my in a form of free text. cool!

I like remembering dreams in the middle of a day
and yes, internet buddies do affect my brain, yeah

what if I asked you to do a cover for one of my upcoming albums, Constellations?

that sounds like one rad dream! i like the idea of the text appearing in front of you like that.

and also i would love to do some artwork for you. what do you have in mind??

wither-I

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 13, 2010, 06:52 PM
Quote from: Jacob on Jan 13, 2010, 06:49 PM

I fixed that for ya.
hahah far out man

yall are silly :D

lostpilot

oh, those kids, misinterpreting the reality!

artwork: the general idea of the album (cause the title does not really reveal anything at all):
there is a nameless persona, which finds himself in a (open interpretation) dream/delusion/drug-trip/withdrawal/whatever-else. the delusion - one  finds himself in an endless desert (yeah, I know, a  cliche used for a million times, I still love it), without a map, without any idea where he is.

so, one starts to wonder around and encounters various things in the desert - the floating mountains, a city made of tall pillars with fields of beehives behind and so on. in this journey one is suffering severe thirst (though he visits oases to replenish), which equals dying, vanishing, depersonalization. In the end, when the thirst finally "kills" (open interpretation) the protagonist, he has a major delusional outbreak and later wakes up to find a giant Pluto above him, to which he travels by spirit.

So, when one travels to Pluto he is once again stuck in the desert, just a different one, made of raw metal and chemicals; and in the end (as the protagonist is dying/fading_away_from_the_dream/etc, stuck in the Pluto, so after some time and dramatic music (lol), one just decides to "abandon his skull". The listener is somewhat able to choose which skull does he abandon - the "real" one (delusional sick person = death and staying in Pluto) or the "deserted" one (killing the dream/delusion/etc = waking up).

So, that's pretty much it. The title, Constellations, does not really have much to do with the "plot" of the album.. yeah.

Tracklist for some ideas etc:

0. Constellations
1. Fifty-One Seconds Above My Head
2. One Giant Leap Towards the Desert
3. Hope
4. Other Ghosts Below the Sailing Sun
5. The Floating Mountains
6. Oasis: Mist Above the Sky
7. Bumblebee, Stuck in the Shadow of August
8. Thirst of a Thousand, Drought of the One
9. Oasis: Sylphlike Creatures
10. Drones and Pillars
11. Beehives
12. Measured Beat of the Heat Waves
13. Giant Pluto Above Me
14. Oasis: Cosmic Waves
15. The Sharp Craters and Reefs of Pluto
16. Inject the Remedy, Save Him!
17. Deserted Skulls

When I thought about the cover/etc, I was thinking about some desert-ish surrealist themes..

wither-I

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 13, 2010, 11:48 PM
oh, those kids, misinterpreting the reality!

artwork: the general idea of the album (cause the title does not really reveal anything at all):
there is a nameless persona, which finds himself in a (open interpretation) dream/delusion/drug-trip/withdrawal/whatever-else. the delusion - one  finds himself in an endless desert (yeah, I know, a  cliche used for a million times, I still love it), without a map, without any idea where he is.

so, one starts to wonder around and encounters various things in the desert - the floating mountains, a city made of tall pillars with fields of beehives behind and so on. in this journey one is suffering severe thirst (though he visits oases to replenish), which equals dying, vanishing, depersonalization. In the end, when the thirst finally "kills" (open interpretation) the protagonist, he has a major delusional outbreak and later wakes up to find a giant Pluto above him, to which he travels by spirit.

So, when one travels to Pluto he is once again stuck in the desert, just a different one, made of raw metal and chemicals; and in the end (as the protagonist is dying/fading_away_from_the_dream/etc, stuck in the Pluto, so after some time and dramatic music (lol), one just decides to "abandon his skull". The listener is somewhat able to choose which skull does he abandon - the "real" one (delusional sick person = death and staying in Pluto) or the "deserted" one (killing the dream/delusion/etc = waking up).

So, that's pretty much it. The title, Constellations, does not really have much to do with the "plot" of the album.. yeah.

Tracklist for some ideas etc:

0. Constellations
1. Fifty-One Seconds Above My Head
2. One Giant Leap Towards the Desert
3. Hope
4. Other Ghosts Below the Sailing Sun
5. The Floating Mountains
6. Oasis: Mist Above the Sky
7. Bumblebee, Stuck in the Shadow of August
8. Thirst of a Thousand, Drought of the One
9. Oasis: Sylphlike Creatures
10. Drones and Pillars
11. Beehives
12. Measured Beat of the Heat Waves
13. Giant Pluto Above Me
14. Oasis: Cosmic Waves
15. The Sharp Craters and Reefs of Pluto
16. Inject the Remedy, Save Him!
17. Deserted Skulls

When I thought about the cover/etc, I was thinking about some desert-ish surrealist themes..
these are some really great ideas!

ive already gathered some visualization. hmmm. im actually about to start two new paintings right now and one of them reminds me of these visuals you speak of.

this one has been changed concerning the figure. i turned his head towards the viewer with a big grin on his face similar to the painting i just finished. what do you think about this? of course it wouldnt be the same thing. i can add and subtract things and positions. i can add a planet above? put the figure on his back, or floating upwards.?

ill do some sketches and post them here and you can direct me from there is that cool?

lostpilot

it's really cool to work this way!

a) I do not want to suppress your artistic ideas, so for now I'll just be observing your ideas
b) it kinda sucks that I do not have the full album recorded already, I think it would be somewhat good for you to hear the music you're visualizing - so as soon as I get some more tracks done, I will inform you with downloads etc
c) I'd like you to do some more small pieces (well, preferably, it will take a bit less time for you to produce, I suppose) for the inlay, backside etc. To fill in the gaps.. and personally I believe it'd be grand if you could picture some of the things protagonist encounters (though the idea of Pluto being somewhere on the cover is a must :) ), major standouts in my head are The Floating Mountains, Other Ghosts Below the Sailing Sun, the Pillar City and a skull in a desert (also as an idea for the cover itself)..

It's awesome I have someone to visualize my music. Cool!

wither-I

sweet man ill get on some ideas as soon as i can!

theis

that's probably my favorite of all your paintings so far.

I agree. Definitely your best work. Crazy good.

lostpilot

I was looking through your earlier works,

and I guess I just forgot to tell I really loved these ones:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/phlegum/P1010893-1.jpg
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/phlegum/P1010875.jpg

when doing some ideas, be sure to add some mindfuck surrealism.
you know I love that.

ps
my girlfriend would like to have this:
as her desktop wallpaper. could you maybe take another HQ picture of it and send it to me so I would make it into a wallpaper?

wither-I

Quote from: theis on Jan 14, 2010, 01:32 PM
that's probably my favorite of all your paintings so far.

I agree. Definitely your best work. Crazy good.
:) thank you dude!

Quote from: lostpilot on Jan 14, 2010, 02:09 PM
I was looking through your earlier works,

and I guess I just forgot to tell I really loved these ones:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/phlegum/P1010893-1.jpg

when doing some ideas, be sure to add some mindfuck surrealism.
you know I love that.

ps
my girlfriend would like to have this:
as her desktop wallpaper. could you maybe take another HQ picture of it and send it to me so I would make it into a wallpaper?

ill be sure to exact some mindfuck surrealismo :)

and ill see if i can get a better pic of that painting? but my camera is a little sucky ...

p.s. just give me a little time on this im one busy bloke right now :)

Deftones-argentina

I just wanted to point out that this seeing how you guys sculpt a conceptual album is entertaining to me. Ohhh, and I love that tree with the double-rooted thing. Starts with the roots...so it ends. I guess there is quite a couple of good metaphors on that image alone. Anyway the first painting darius quoted is quite haunting, makes me remember about a friend of mine.