Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

My Paintings

Started by wither-I, Jun 18, 2009, 11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

yeah its a tad bit pricey. i actually have a legislative scholarship for anywhere in the state of louisiana because my dad was a firefighter in new orleans.
college drove me nuts though. so much anxiety, i started losing my head and seeing bad things. so i stopped for the sake of my health honestly....

you seem to have alot going for you creatively speaking, blixa, so i encourage and support your wildest dreams. godspeed

"coming into the nearness of distance"

blixa

you lost it because of university? you're a bit good will hunting, aren't you? hahaha i love that. all i got was stress because i had a part time job that felt like a full time job and had to stay back late and show up early  for class to do most of my work, but it worked out. you just have to learn to not stress so much, a lot of it is out of your hands and you have to do the best you can and when the lecturers see that they will give you some leeway.

i haven't been doing much since uni finished. that's why i thought moving to melbourne might help me because it is so creatively charged. all the artists are there, but then i hate most artists. they're such wankers.

wither-I

yeah everyone is different. college/uni whatever ran through some ugly times in life. i can really only do/take so much stress. my glass is already full. i start spilling everywhere.

and i agree just the term "artist" drives me mad. i hear it and want to knife myself in the gullet. i dont want to be that. i want to destroy it savage

blixa

there's a book called the 'atlas of human anatomy and surgery' and it's incredibly amazing. i think you'd benefit from it. it has the most incredible images inside. it's a tad pricey but so worth the money. if you're going to drop a pretty bob or two over a textbook, this would be it.

wither-I

i picked this bad boy up about a month ago.

it sure was a few dollars....

the one you represented looks pretty awesome too!

blixa

this is an image from 'atlas of human anatomy and surgery':

look's similar hahah.

wither-I

haha yeah im sure they both have alot of similarities.

the main reason i got the one i did is because it contains an "animal" anatomy section as well, from horses to house cats and apes to wombats, with a nice overview on each...

blixa

into bestiality, are we?

wither-I

every aspect of every orifice

blixa

i'm pretty sure you can find a nice girl to have sex with. let's keep cruelty to animals at a minimum, aye.

lostpilot

how is it going with the paintings for Constellations?
I'm not rushing things, just, you know, have to know if there's any progress.

I am rethinking my previous statement of making your art as the cover of the album, cause I have found some stunning pictures I really like for the _cover_, but every other piece of inlay etc will be yours - of course, if I like what you've done there. though, I don't know, if you'll blow my mind away, maybe you'll still be up for full exposure, lol

wither-I

Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 10, 2010, 07:30 PM
how is it going with the paintings for Constellations?
I'm not rushing things, just, you know, have to know if there's any progress.

I am rethinking my previous statement of making your art as the cover of the album, cause I have found some stunning pictures I really like for the _cover_, but every other piece of inlay etc will be yours - of course, if I like what you've done there. though, I don't know, if you'll blow my mind away, maybe you'll still be up for full exposure, lol

man im sorry i jumped to quick on the opportunity. there is no progress. ive never been so busy before, even when i was still in school...
im going to be in a group show in less than a month so im working overdrive right now 10 hours a day is all i can take. i also have 3 other commissioned projects due within a month. and mardi gras all this week!! ahhhhh its insane and very hard to concentrate. maybe sometime in the future i just need to focus on the tangibles of living at home right now.

i like the constellations cover however, and enjoy the music even more. can't wait for more

wither-I

Quote from: blixa on Feb 10, 2010, 04:59 PM
i'm pretty sure you can find a nice girl to have sex with. let's keep cruelty to animals at a minimum, aye.

yeah i should prob try to find some vag... ive been meaning to cunsummate as of late...

lostpilot

Quote from: wither-I on Feb 10, 2010, 08:22 PM
man im sorry i jumped to quick on the opportunity. there is no progress. ive never been so busy before, even when i was still in school...
im going to be in a group show in less than a month so im working overdrive right now 10 hours a day is all i can take. i also have 3 other commissioned projects due within a month. and mardi gras all this week!! ahhhhh its insane and very hard to concentrate. maybe sometime in the future i just need to focus on the tangibles of living at home right now.

i like the constellations cover however, and enjoy the music even more. can't wait for more

well, you know that your art is ALWAYS welcome with me. I won't be releasing the album still for a couple of months, or at least a month (cause it's taking me a LOT of time and effort this time,  to make things right, you know, perfectionism), so if you still have time, I'd love to share your art with my listeners.
you know, it's just an opportunity :)

blixa

Quote from: wither-I on Feb 10, 2010, 08:26 PM
Quote from: blixa on Feb 10, 2010, 04:59 PM

yeah i should prob try to find some vag... ive been meaning to cunsummate as of late...

it's that easy, is it?

wither-I

track it down with open pores and a willing nose.
sack it with open arms of unfailing brawn.
bring it back home and mount the carrier.

blixa

you have a bit of nathan willett in you, which is a good thing. the man is studiously appetising. he's the kind of guy i would pay attention to even if he was speaking about cactus, you know. i love cactus anyway.

wither-I

"the birth and flux of a tectonic universe"
(48X24)
oil

lostpilot

that is cooooooooooooooool.

Jacob

you keep outdoing yourself, man. fucking fantastic!
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep