"its ignorance, your all ignorant"

Micheal Jefferson

"Blanket, let's play"
i drink your milkshake

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Shaye on Jul 01, 2009, 06:51 AM
Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Jun 30, 2009, 04:15 AM
Are you a fan of his music?

I certainly am. Add on top of it the fact that I have a great amount of empathy for people, I don't make judgements off of shit that I really don't know about. My grandfather, a very well educated and insightful psychiatrist taught me a lot, and I am a future educator of children with disabilities and that includes those with emotional/behavioral disorders.

I'm not claiming to be some sort of expert on anything, but my sympathy and reluctance to jump to conclusions has less to do with my being a fan of someone's music and more to do with me being a human being who has a deep interest in why people do the things they do. When most people place judgement, I sit back and put myself in someone else's shoes.

It just seems so easy to make a judgement, but I remember being taught to "treat others as you would want to be treated". And so I do.

And if I were a child molester, I wouldn't want to be cast out either. Some shit is just unacceptable.

Jacob

I'm not going to judge MJ and hold him responsible for anything as long as he's not proven guilty in court.

what I will hold him resposible for is the good things he did for people, especially children. no matter how weird he was and what kind of things turned him on sexually, he only wanted the best for everyone in the entire world.

and he was an amazing artist. people who think he lipsynchs and got all his material written for him can just shut the hell up and go to bed because you obviously have no fucking clue. he was an amazing singer, dancer and song writer.

I can't say I'll miss him though because even though I loved him when I was a kid and still enjoy most of his music, he hasn't in any way affected my life in the last 10+ years and I never thought he'd make a worthwhile comeback. to be honest, I think he's finally found the peace he needed. and may he rest well.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Hidalgo

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Jul 01, 2009, 11:07 AM
Quote from: Shaye on Jul 01, 2009, 06:51 AM
Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Jun 30, 2009, 04:15 AM
Are you a fan of his music?

I certainly am. Add on top of it the fact that I have a great amount of empathy for people, I don't make judgements off of shit that I really don't know about. My grandfather, a very well educated and insightful psychiatrist taught me a lot, and I am a future educator of children with disabilities and that includes those with emotional/behavioral disorders.

I'm not claiming to be some sort of expert on anything, but my sympathy and reluctance to jump to conclusions has less to do with my being a fan of someone's music and more to do with me being a human being who has a deep interest in why people do the things they do. When most people place judgement, I sit back and put myself in someone else's shoes.

It just seems so easy to make a judgement, but I remember being taught to "treat others as you would want to be treated". And so I do.

And if I were a child molester, I wouldn't want to be cast out either. Some shit is just unacceptable.
you have no proof he molested anyone. untilyou do, relax & stop judging him

lostpilot

you have no proof he did not molest anyone.

Hidalgo

Quote from: lostpilot on Jul 01, 2009, 06:27 PM
i have no proof you didnt either, so i wont convict you of it. get it?

devilinside

Quote from: aenemic on Jul 01, 2009, 11:20 AM
I'm not going to judge MJ and hold him responsible for anything as long as he's not proven guilty in court.

what I will hold him resposible for is the good things he did for people, especially children. no matter how weird he was and what kind of things turned him on sexually, he only wanted the best for everyone in the entire world.

and he was an amazing artist. people who think he lipsynchs and got all his material written for him can just shut the hell up and go to bed because you obviously have no fucking clue. he was an amazing singer, dancer and song writer.

I can't say I'll miss him though because even though I loved him when I was a kid and still enjoy most of his music, he hasn't in any way affected my life in the last 10+ years and I never thought he'd make a worthwhile comeback. to be honest, I think he's finally found the peace he needed. and may he rest well.
Quote from: Hidalgo on Jul 01, 2009, 06:36 PM

^5 dudes

lostpilot

Quote from: Hidalgo on Jul 01, 2009, 06:36 PM

there's still accusations etc. an innocent man will stand straight for his freedom and will not pay 22mil sugar money to soften someones heart

and after all, people, you're taking it all too serious and personal

White Pwny

Katt Williams did a bit on Michael... and it was incredible....

And he's right....   This has been 16 years...Rumors don't last LONG... truth does...     

If people call you a crackhead for 16 years... you are a fucking crackhead.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

devilinside

Kick ass,Elvis must be alive then!!!!

Shaye

Quote from: White Pwny on Jul 02, 2009, 12:07 AM
Katt Williams did a bit on Michael... and it was incredible....

And he's right....   This has been 16 years...Rumors don't last LONG... truth does...     

If people call you a crackhead for 16 years... you are a fucking crackhead.

Good point. Believe me I'm not an advocate for the "MJ is NOT a molester group", I'm just not going to go around saying that he absolutely did.

I think that saying rumors don't last that long for your average person is true, but I don't know if you can group famous people into that category. They have rumors documented and spread publicly amongst a much larger group than anyone else so it takes much longer for people to forget them and much easier to go along with them since they don't know the person enough to think any differently.

I guess I'm just going to continue to listen to and enjoy his musical career and hope for the best.   :)

Hidalgo

there's people rotting in jail, & that have been put to death that are inocent. just saying, even when convicted(& he wasnt), it's not always true

nonesuch

yea and being "proved"  innocent (especially a filthy rich(ish) mega celebrity) doesnt necessary make you innocent either
i drink your milkshake

Hidalgo

so it's between him & God. no need for us to get out our jump to conclusions mats

reimdaheim

Sorry , I'm a little a bit late.
My post was not meant racist at all. I just expected that MJ's accomplishment would be discussed here in a different way. And I didn't want to attack any person on this board! I just thought sharinglungs would be different to tabloid press.....

Jacob

Quote from: Shaye on Jul 02, 2009, 04:23 AM
I think that saying rumors don't last that long for your average person is true, but I don't know if you can group famous people into that category.

of course not. if the press writes something about such a big celebrity just once, it will follow him/her forever.

as for using the fact that MJ paid $22 million for the first accusations to go away, how about this: what would it have cost him to keep going with all the trials, attorneys, etc? look at what happened the second time - he got ruined and knee deep in depth.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

devlin

hey i haven't been around here much. i love jackson's music. when i heard he died and how he died i instantly thought of the song "Morphine"

in the begining of the song

"He got flat baby
Kick in the back baby
A heart attack baby "

near the end of the song

"Demerol
Demerol
Oh God he's taking demerol
Hee-hee-hee
Demerol
Demerol
Oh my Oh God it's Demerol
Hee
Oooh"

sorry if this has been pointed out i didn't read all 8 pages of this thread.