Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD!

Started by theis, Jun 26, 2009, 01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lithium

💩

lithium

Quote from: deftonesfan192 on Jul 09, 2009, 11:07 PM
I know Chino was a fan of Micheal's music I wonder if he was gutted about his death????I know I am personally destroyed about the loss of a legend especially in the field of music where he gave so much....  :'(
💩

devilinside

I'm sure anyone that liked MJ is upset. I was watching Thriller with my daughter the other night,and it made me cry. People that know me can tell you I do not cry easily. But it's this snip from a blog post I found and posted that sums it up:
Quote from: devilinside on Jun 26, 2009, 07:38 PM
but it's hard to put into words. It's not the loss of Michael Jackson that has me so upset. He was one of the overarching symbols of what was probably the best part of my life. And it's the loss of that which has me a bit inconsolable this morning.

I have no problem getting older,in fact,I love my age now. But when people I can remember,(from when I was 4 years old) die,it sucks. Like they've taken a piece of my childhood with them. I have soo many great memories of MJ....for one it was my first concert. Then my brother had this MJ microphone that synced to a radio station,and you could sing and hear yourself on there. haha I still own the Thriller vinyl. I had the earrings,the red jacket,the glove,a DOLL....his stuff was everywhere. And it was cool. My grandmother assisted with the makeup for the Thriller video,and she has a autographed picture of him framed on her wall. (imma steal it though) Just sad.

TheWatcher

Quote from: ben on Jul 10, 2009, 05:48 PM
Ron Artest had his new jersey number be 37 because that's how many weeks Thriller stayed number one on the charts.  That's pretty retarded.
[youtube=425,350]YGo0jGZMawM[/youtube]

check out this song he did for mj

goldpony

ever since this has gone down, my daughter is listening to MJ non-stop. I even had to dig out my tape of BAD. surprisingly it still plays perfectly.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Uno

with the heart of gold... to have and to hold.

devilinside

Quote from: goldpony on Jul 13, 2009, 08:43 PM
ever since this has gone down, my daughter is listening to MJ non-stop. I even had to dig out my tape of BAD. surprisingly it still plays perfectly.

Same here. And my kids know a lot more about him than I thought...they pointed out to me that he was in Men In Black 2. LOL! My daughter has been doing all his dances and watching his videos on  On Demand constantly.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

devilinside

Cause kids are bad ass....well mine are at least. :)

ben

A new book insists "virtually everybody" around him knew he was gay.
One (lover) met him for liaisons at a grungy motel which was all the debt-ridden star could afford.
And one told Halperin (the author): "The very first time he had sex with me he said, 'The King of Pop's going to lick your lollipop'. I still laugh thinking about that."
Halperin said: "Virtually everybody has told me. Even those who are his most ardent defenders, people who maintain he is innocent of the molestation charges, insist that he is homosexually inclined."
He claims the two lovers he traced were a Hollywood waiter and an aspiring actor, "Lawrence".
"He was very shy. But when he started to have sex, he was insatiable."
Halperin says Jackson was known to slip out to a motel for gay sex in 2007 when he had moved to Las Vegas.
He reportedly fell in love with a burly half-Asian in his early 20s.
Halperin alleges: "He rarely left his residence, but when he did, according to one of Jackson's closest confidants, it was to meet a boyfriend at a run-down motel."
A source tells the book: "He met a construction worker and fell madly in love with him.
"Michael would leave the house in disguise, often dressed as a woman, and would go to meet his boyfriend at a motel that was one of Vegas' grungiest dives.
"Michael was broke. It was all he could afford then."

devilinside

I have no problem with gay people.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Abe

I'm still not over this. I loved Michael so much. Even when he was black.

Shaye

Quote from: Abe on Aug 05, 2009, 10:25 PM
I'm still not over this. I loved Michael so much. Even when he was black.

Because "it doesn't matter if you're black or white."

nonesuch

i just saw a few of his videos (you are not alone, bad, black and white)  and i have to say,  IT SUCKS.   Is the whole world mentally retarded, or is it just me?  because his music is crap.  the lyrics are obviously ghost written by some label "hit maker",  they are all pop crapular,  extremely repetitious,  and strictly pretentious cheese,  in no way is his foot shift sliding, crotch grab dancing impressive,  and his gay little whelps are beyond annoying

I didn't get it when i was a kid,  and now its just plain garbage

all of you mj fans,  why don't you go "pop" in the new lady gaga, britney, justin, or mandy moore cd and cry yourselves to sleep
i drink your milkshake

Crazylegs

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but you're statement is retarded. Not all people enjoy his music, or anything else about him, but if you fail to see why he was one of the greatest entertainers ever, there's definitely a malfunction in your brain. His voice was out of this world, so was his dance moves, and his stage-persona in general.

Jacob

that's just as retarded as people who say "fuck The Beatles, they're just boring crappy pop". doesn't really matter if you want to listen to the music or not, if you totally ignore what kind of influence these artsist have been to others and where in the whole timeline of music evolution they acted, your opinion is worth little more than that brown stuff I just squeezed out in the toilet.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

oldgentlovecraft

Sometimes bands or performers are just there at the right time and place.  I don't like The Beatles in the slightest, and their music is extremely boring.  However, some of the lyrics were very poetic and creative, and there were artists (and I mean artists in the actual sense of the word) that existed within the band.  Were they mindblowing?  No, but the world, and the world of music, needed something different and refreshing.  So now they have their place in the history of music.  The same goes with MJ.  Was he brilliant?  Not at all, and there were performers that existed before him that were just as creative and eccentric with their showmanship, if not more.  However, he came along at the right time and pushed it to the forefront of popular music.  Did these bands influence and change music during their era?  Most certainly, and for that they deserved to be recognized, but they are not untouchable or examples of perfection.  Hell, it's almost as bad as Elvis fanatics puffing out their chests if you mention that you don't like his music.  He brought sexuality and swagger to to a mediocre genre, but other bands and artists had already been doing it in the underground for years.  What makes these performers significant is that they took existing concepts and made them recognizable in popular culture.  It is possible to straddle the fence and tip your hat to these bands/artists without enjoying their music.     

Mascara Snake

Quote from: ben on Jul 14, 2009, 06:19 PM
'The King of Pop's going to lick your lollipop'.

Who the fuck brings a lollipop to a sexual rendezvous in a seedy motel?

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

Jacob

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Aug 09, 2009, 04:46 PM
Sometimes bands or performers are just there at the right time and place.  I don't like The Beatles in the slightest, and their music is extremely boring.  However, some of the lyrics were very poetic and creative, and there were artists (and I mean artists in the actual sense of the word) that existed within the band.  Were they mindblowing?  No, but the world, and the world of music, needed something different and refreshing.  So now they have their place in the history of music.  The same goes with MJ.  Was he brilliant?  Not at all, and there were performers that existed before him that were just as creative and eccentric with their showmanship, if not more.  However, he came along at the right time and pushed it to the forefront of popular music.  Did these bands influence and change music during their era?  Most certainly, and for that they deserved to be recognized, but they are not untouchable or examples of perfection.  Hell, it's almost as bad as Elvis fanatics puffing out their chests if you mention that you don't like his music.  He brought sexuality and swagger to to a mediocre genre, but other bands and artists had already been doing it in the underground for years.  What makes these performers significant is that they took existing concepts and made them recognizable in popular culture.  It is possible to straddle the fence and tip your hat to these bands/artists without enjoying their music.    

exactly my point, although you may have put it a bit better than I did :P
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep