Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD!

Started by theis, Jun 26, 2009, 01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Law

QuoteFor real?  I have been listening to all his stuff and watching his videos for the past 2 days because some of the guys at my work are all upset and I just don't get why.  I mean I get the end of an era type shit, but I dont get why they like his music so much.  Its not that good. 
I mean, sure billie jean is catchy as fuck.  But its everything I hate about "music"  He didn't write any of that.  It all got put together for him and performed in a studio.  I haven't found a live performance on youtube where he is not lip syncing.  Which tells me that without a studio, his caliber of performance probably goes way down.  He was a creation of the industry.  All this music wasn't made for artistic purposes, it was made for money.  I hate that.  And sure, he can dance, and its cool.  But what the fuck does that have to do with music?  To me, he isn't a musician and his songs aren't music.  He is a entertainer and his songs are just entertainment.  And to me, most of them aren't all that entertaining......................

He did write a lot of his older hits and the technology around then didn't feature things like antares autotuners and things so that gives it more backing I guess. Anyway, each to their own, if you don't like it, that's fair/

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: devilinside on Jun 28, 2009, 07:52 PM
Very much so. :(

22 million dollars is an awful large amount for an innocent person to pay to get someone to shut up.

devilinside

Eeh whatever. No point in arguing it now is there? We have our way of thinking about it,you have yours. Apples and oranges.

On another note,Billy Mays,the irritating pitch dude died today too.

Hidalgo

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Jun 28, 2009, 08:23 PM
Quote from: devilinside on Jun 28, 2009, 07:52 PM
Very much so. :(

22 million dollars is an awful large amount for an innocent person to pay to get someone to shut up.
to Michael that was chump change though(he spent more than that at one time all the time), & i think he was glad to just have it over as soon as possible, cause it was taking such a huge toll on him. i dont think he thought it would make him look more guilty(he wasnt the most logical guy). the 2nd trial he was found inocent. i think had the first trial continued they would have found him inocent as well

White Pwny

I've let this simma a few days to see if I feel any differently aobut it.   My take is... I do like alot of his music... I DO NOT like him.   He hasn't done shit worthwile in at least the past 10 years.   I don't give a shit whether or not its true or NOT about the little boys.. Fact is he paid a SHIT TON of money to make it go away... Innocent people don't normally do it.       Another issue is.... if any of us and I DO MEAN ANY of us were that much in debt and "losing our home"  we would have all been evicted and we wouldn't have press all over about it.   HE did not get evicted, but it was ALL over the place.    I don't like that he's gone.. but if he DID do what they CLAIM he did... Good for him.     I can look back and appreciate his work...   but I don't think I actually mourn the loss.   Too many VERY talented people have died... it's a shame.    

And I don't think that Michael looked at 22 M as Chump Change.... THIS man even DEAD is in DEEP DEBT.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

rock_n_frost

he should work on the music...not on his face

that was his obvious mistake

but we gotta understand that, he just want to seem beautiful, he got the money, and there werent any friend of him who would say ''dont do it, be yourself''
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Hidalgo

Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 28, 2009, 10:23 PM

And I don't think that Michael looked at 22 M as Chump Change.... THIS man even DEAD is in DEEP DEBT.
that's the thing, he'd spend so much at one time, not even thinking about the concept of money, or that it could run out. from the time he was little he had money, & fame. with the abuse, etc. he didnt think straight, he was one of a kind. it's a sad story, i dont think many people would have changed places with him. then his plastic surgeons screwed his face up so bad everyone called him a freak, etc, on top of the odd childish way he lived. he just had it rough.

he made great tunes & videos

devilinside

Quote from: Hidalgo on Jun 28, 2009, 11:14 PM
he made great tunes & videos

And thats the point right there.

lithium

Quote from: devilinside on Jun 28, 2009, 09:40 PM
Eeh whatever. No point in arguing it now is there? We have our way of thinking about it,you have yours. Apples and oranges.

whaaaaat? He was just on conan the other day!!
💩

Hidalgo

i hope thriller, & a bunch of his cds tear the charts up again in the coming weeks

devilinside

Quote from: Hidalgo on Jun 28, 2009, 11:30 PM
i hope thriller, & a bunch of his cds tear the charts up again in the coming weeks

I was reading that even though he was a financial mess,these next few weeks would more than get things right,because record sales will be through the roof.

Nailec

i knew it. the whole board is mourning abot an antisemite!

http://www.adl.org/PresRele/ASUS_12/4831_12.htm

oldgentlovecraft

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lithium on Jun 28, 2009, 11:19 PM
Quote from: devilinside on Jun 28, 2009, 09:40 PM

whaaaaat? He was just on conan the other day!!
yeah wtf. he was cool on conan, and seemed fine.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

reimdaheim

This topic in chit chat? Thats's just poor.
But I think a moderator felt forced because all of the gossip talked by some members. Why don't you focus on his musical accomplishment?

In my culture( Germany)...there exists a rule: "Never talk rude about dead people."  Is that not common in your culture? Or doesn't it count for celebrities? You can discuss this topics later on....

rock_n_frost

Quote from: reimdaheim on Jun 29, 2009, 01:45 AM
But I think a moderator felt forced because all of the gossip talked by some members. Why don't you focus on his musical accomplishment?

In my culture( Germany)...there exists a rule: "Never talk rude about dead people."  Is that not common in your culture? Or doesn't it count for celebrities? You can discuss this topics later on....

yeah we have that thing too but its not a rule

nothing wrong on this topic, ramstain
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

devilinside

You know,I posted on my facebook a few day's ago "de mortuis nil nisi bonum ~ Let nothing be said of the dead but what is good." to which someone later replied and  said "Adolf Hitler was a hell of a motivational speaker." ................yeah.

Variable

Quote from: Nailec on Jun 29, 2009, 12:25 AM
i knew it. the whole board is mourning abot an antisemite!

http://www.adl.org/PresRele/ASUS_12/4831_12.htm
lol, jesus christ that made me laugh hard.

Holy fucking shit.  Shut the fuck up and go away forever.
Quote from: devilinside on Jun 29, 2009, 02:14 AM

You know,I posted on my facebook a few day's ago "de mortuis nil nisi bonum ~ Let nothing be said of the dead but what is good." to which someone later replied and  said "Adolf Hitler was a hell of a motivational speaker." ................yeah.
I don't really see why it matters.  They are dead, its not like they care.  I let what people say about you after you die be a testament to your life.

Nailec

QuoteIn my culture( Germany)...there exists a rule: "Never talk rude about dead people."  Is that not common in your culture?

do i smell racism?

oh yeah!

Variable

Obviously he's racist against white people because I'm white and he was talking to me.