Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Started by Timmy666, Jun 29, 2009, 06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmy666

For those that don't know, Cameron's AVATAR is a top secret film that apparently has used new technology to create PHOTOREALISTIC CGI and 3D that makes the images on screen look holographic. Now up until last week, nobody had seen even a frame of footage but Cameron brought 24 minutes of his 3D adventure to a cinema expo in Amsterdam and the reaction is that it is almost unbelievable what was seen.

Here are some articles and excerpts from what was seen:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/avatarnews.php?id=56535

"It's the third scene where my heart begins to pound like crazy. Jake and Norm will inhabit their Avatar for the first time. They enter some sort of capsule and - flash – their mind enters the blue creatures, now lying on hospital tables. And not before long Avatar Jake wakes up. And it took my breath away. I thought--just like you guys--that I've seen it all with Gollum, or The Hulk, but Cameron has done it again. These creatures seem so real, that within minutes you forget you're watching an enormous and very blue CGI character. Even the eyes are totally convincing. The characters have real personalities and a soul."

http://www.no-spoon.net/article.php?news_id=504

"It is simple: such a level of realism and immersion, it was never seen before"

http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2009/06/avatar-navi-description-trailer-update.html
http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2009/06/exclusive-avatar-footage-impressions.html

"Until now, all we saw was the base in 3D, mostly humans and now the 2 N'avi Avatars.
They look NOTHING like the drawing you've seen. They're living creatures with blue skin, bigger yellow eyes than humans with tails. The avatars even look like their human connectors. You will NOT believe the detail. Jake's character will get a wound in a scene we saw later, it looked so real. You could see beneath the skin's first layer, like only real wounds show."

"the audience afterwards was stunned. Everyone just gasped, wondered and just couldnt believe what they saw."

No footage has been released to the public. The film wrapped production over two years ago and since then, everything has been post production. Nope, not even a teaser trailer. According to certain sources, a trailer will drop at the end of the summer and AVATAR will be released on December 18, 2009.

Alvar

official trailer

[youtube=425,350]26QzkbPn0CQ[/youtube]

:O

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

bright lights, big city

Sweet. I have never been a fan of anything 3-D when it comes to movies, but now I am hopeful.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

is this based on the anime Avatar?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

shine down unshy

Quote from: Jacob on Aug 21, 2009, 03:18 PM
is this based on the anime Avatar?

Nope..I thought the same thing.  It's some project James Cameron's had in mind since before he made Titanic...just never had the technology to produce it until now.

Mikey

the funny thing is that there is an avatar movie coming out based on the anime. It is being directed by m night.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938283/

one of my buddies looked at me weird when i said that this avatar movie is supposed to be badass... he was like, the anime movie.... it took like two minutes for both of us to be on the same page.
;D

shine down unshy

Holy shit Mikey that's an awesome find.  I was kinda disappointed when I found out Avatar wasn't based on the anime.

devilinside

<3 Ang!

And funny...the guy playing Sokka is the guy who played Jasper in Twilight. lol

Jacob

Quote from: shine down unshy on Aug 21, 2009, 09:49 PM
Holy shit Mikey that's an awesome find.  I was kinda disappointed when I found out Avatar wasn't based on the anime.

hehe, that's the reason I asked - I vaguely remember reading there would be a movie based on the anime ;D

bright lights, big city

yeah but M Night Shyamalan hasn't made a decent movie in years. Signs was the last thing I enjoyed of his.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

really? I tend to like his movies. at least the has the guts to do something different.

anyways, I just watched the teaser for Avatar and while the movies looks awesome, I gotta agree witth Theis... the CGI looks terrible and it really clashes with the real-life scenes. it looks like CGI videos from a game. actually, I'm pretty sure I've seen better in a game.

nonesuch

signs was complete crap

the happening was almost ok
i drink your milkshake

Deft11_17ones

Come on Cameron direct Aliens again, I never get tired of that movie. Anyway alien is being brought back with a pre-sequel directed by Riddley Scott, maybe now we sci-fi fans will know what the hell was that big gun and alien at the beginning of the movie.

Timmy666

Not a fan of Cameron's AVATAR thus far. Fuck CGI.

Jacob

Quote from: Timmy666 on Sep 12, 2009, 04:29 AM

yeah, I'm not a big fan either. I mean, there are some awesome CGI effects done in movies, but in general I really prefer them using models and old-school effects.

Timmy666

Quote from: Jacob on Sep 12, 2009, 08:16 AM
Quote from: Timmy666 on Sep 12, 2009, 04:29 AM

yeah, I'm not a big fan either. I mean, there are some awesome CGI effects done in movies, but in general I really prefer them using models and old-school effects.

Abso-fuckin-lutely

theis

Got 11.20AM tickets for tomorrow.

I'm going in with fairly low expectations.

wither-I

looks like the death of film...

gonna have to see it though

"coming into the nearness of distance"

theis

Quote from: wither-I on Dec 17, 2009, 04:25 PM
looks like the death of film...

That doesn't make sense.