Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Started by Timmy666, Jun 29, 2009, 06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Penicks

Holograpgic images? No way. Those god damned fucking glasses hurt as fuck when you put them on for 3 hours. But it does have the best CGI I have ever seen.

wither-I

Quote from: theis on Dec 17, 2009, 04:44 PM
Quote from: wither-I on Dec 17, 2009, 04:25 PM
looks like the death of film...

That doesn't make sense.

maybe not.

the actual fabric that is film has a short lifespan whenever you factor in atmospheric catalysts... it must be stored in a cool and very dry place.

but what i am talking about is movies that contain LIFE. with real people acting and sets that are staged by real people, who are alive and well. directors moving about with utmost vitality handing out direct orders to real individuals who have minds and are physical entities with warmth and energy exuding from their every pore.

this cgi shit is a plague. its like photoshop but worse...

*viva theatre!

GIVE ME SOMETHING REAL

"coming into the nearness of distance"

devilinside

So this isn't the Last Air Bender Aang  is it? lol

sing blue silver

Quote from: devilinside on Dec 18, 2009, 02:09 AM
So this isn't the Last Air Bender Aang  is it? lol
my idiot friend thought it was until he went and saw it last night. i don't know what it is but i have absolutely zero interest in seeing this film.

wither-I

cartoons are nearly dead too...

farewell old friends

theis

Quote from: wither-I on Dec 18, 2009, 01:56 AM
Quote from: theis on Dec 17, 2009, 04:44 PM
Quote from: wither-I on Dec 17, 2009, 04:25 PM
looks like the death of film...

That doesn't make sense.

maybe not.

the actual fabric that is film has a short lifespan whenever you factor in atmospheric catalysts... it must be stored in a cool and very dry place.

but what i am talking about is movies that contain LIFE. with real people acting and sets that are staged by real people, who are alive and well. directors moving about with utmost vitality handing out direct orders to real individuals who have minds and are physical entities with warmth and energy exuding from their every pore.

this cgi shit is a plague. its like photoshop but worse...

*viva theatre!

GIVE ME SOMETHING REAL

Yeah I definitely agree.

I was supposed to see this today, but there's so much fucking snow that I don't even wanna bother going outside. And to be honest, my interest in this flick is close to zero. I love James Cameron's Aliens and Terminator 1&2, but this CGi world doesn't interest me one bit.

ben

I completely disagree in every way possible.  CGI could be used to do more than create fake explosions and Cameron realizes this.  The movie itself is not synthetic, but the story actually is.  I thought it was wonderful. 

theis

I might go tomorrow since everyone I've talked to, who thought the trailers looked lame, think it's fantastic.

wither-I

Quote from: ben on Dec 18, 2009, 07:57 PM
I completely disagree in every way possible.  CGI could be used to do more than create fake explosions and Cameron realizes this.  The movie itself is not synthetic, but the story actually is.  I thought it was wonderful. 

whats new.

what do you mean the movie is not synthetic but the story is?

the story is the most real the about it. the imaginative mind creating the entire concept.

and of course the movie is synthetic! how could it not be. read my above post of the simple degredation properties of film exposure.

and go see a play.

ben

Go see a play?  haha ok.

There are two kind of great films.

1. A film with a lack of SFX with a solid story, developed characters, great setting and a decent mis-en-scene
2.A film that lacks a solid story but is decent with new innovative ways of expressing film.  Avatar fits in here.  Like one critic said, "Watching it now in 2009 may have the same impact on us that the original King Kong had on moviegoers in the thirties".

SFX were made from people's creative minds too.  Just like your amateur paintings, they were devised and created using long hard processes.  Have some respect for those people; they have more talent than you or I.

theis

Quote from: wither-I on Dec 18, 2009, 10:06 PM
and go see a play.

Theater is the most boring art form out there. Seriously.

wither-I

Quote from: ben on Dec 18, 2009, 10:24 PM
Go see a play?  haha ok.

1. A film with a lack of SFX with a solid story, developed characters, great setting and a decent mis-en-scene
2.A film that lacks a solid story but is decent with new innovative ways of expressing film.  Avatar fits in here.  Like one critic said, "Watching it now in 2009 may have the same impact on us that the original King Kong had on moviegoers in the thirties".

SFX were made from people's creative minds too.  Just like your amateur paintings, they were devised and created using long hard processes.  Have some respect for those people; they have more talent than you or I.

ill agree with amatuer paintings. figuring that i just started painting last may and only have 10 finished paintings, "amateur" fits the suit.

i cant help but notice you always take shots at me and anything i say, as if you do it just to spite me... i remember some while back, the first thing you ever replied or said of my presence, was something like -"who the fuck is this guy!?"

but i will say this to you, -watch me! watch me take off, as you sit on solid ground. watch me you motherfucker. watch me. you aint got shit. what do you have to offer?? you got no spirit bro.  do you do anything? or just talk shit?
why dont you take all your elitist flare on that wretched little tounge of yours and spit something REAL. go think hard and long about what you wish you had.

but seriously. keep in touch.check me out in the future and hit me up. call me an amateur still as i soar.

but youre a hater. thats what youll always be. sitting on message boards hating on people you dont know for no reason other than lack of self-assurance and esteem. keep being a dead weight and an elite mouth and you got nothing.

try to hit me with your sly remarks about my work. how u dare.
but really keep in touch and remember the name motherfucker. cause you WILL hear of me again.

pay up.

-kyle nugent. (remember me)

Quote from: theis on Dec 18, 2009, 10:38 PM
Quote from: wither-I on Dec 18, 2009, 10:06 PM
and go see a play.

Theater is the most boring art form out there. Seriously.

either, you are insane.
or you have never seen a good theatre production.

theis

Going with the insane part ;)

But really, I enjoy most forms of "art". Theater just bores me.

Oh, and your response to ben was pretty unnessecary and rough. He made legitimate reasons.

wither-I

man im sorry to hear that :(

ive done theatre most of my life and am currently working on writing a full play... maaaaybe it will even be made into a film one day :) ive always dreamt of film production ever since i was a kid. the first conceptual piece of writing i ever did was a screenplay/short story called "the monkey speaks his mind". the title of course borrowed from an old blues song. i was like 7 years old...

...so that kind of makes me sad.

what plays have you seen?

wither-I

oh and ben took a shot at me. he always takes shots at me im tired of him. he's a hater.

ben

I'm not a hater.  I even like your paintings!  I'm just trying to put into perspective to you, because you obviously have strong biases that I'm sure have some backing but you have to refrain from outlandish statements like "this is the death of film".  Then tell me to go watch a play; the two have different criteria in judging both,  so it has no bearing on our argument. 

That's all. if I have been excessively harsh in the past as well I apologize.

defskull

Yeah I really don't see how you can go and call Ben the elitist when he is the one praising a mainstream movie.  You're the one being the elitist saying that this new movie is the death of film without even seeing the movie. 

There Will Be Blood

Whos going to see this flick???

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: ben on Dec 18, 2009, 10:24 PM
Go see a play?  haha ok.

completely agreed.  and it's pretty closed minded to say that CG is bad across the board.  i mean, i've seen some pretty cheesy/shitty CG in my days, but I mean there's CG out there that is genuinely artful.  look at some of guillermo del toro's movies, they're gorgeous, and there's no way in shit he could've pulled that off sans advanced graphics techniques.  Pan's Labyrinth, anyone?

To me, it's comparable to the advent of the paintbrush, or some other advance in art.  There's gonna be genuinely creative, hard working people using it, and the opposite.  why's it so hard to just say that shitty CG is... shitty?