Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Started by Timmy666, Jun 29, 2009, 09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Quote from: defskull on Jan 19, 2010, 09:01 AM
But anyway, Avatar deserves all the technical awards it can get.  Giving it the best movie award though when much more original movies came out is a crime.

I agree. It deserves the technical awards, but to call it any more than a nice looking movie is crazy...especially considering the other movies involved. Seriously, if Avatar can win Best Picture, why couldn't The Dark Knight? Bullshit, if you ask me.

Jerry_Curls

Pocahontas + The Matrix ( Dances with Wolves )= AVATAR

Cool colors, LAME movie.

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

devilinside

LOL! I saw this on Twitter the other day...

Penicks

theis

blixa

i hope this movie wins nothing at the oscars.

theis

Quote from: blixa on Feb 02, 2010, 04:33 PM

It'll most definitely sweep all the technical awards, but It doesn't deserve to win Best Picture or Best Director. Those two categories belong to Inglourious Basterds and Quentin Tarantino.

bright lights, big city

yeah really. after seeing this, I did basically enjoy the movie. but seriously, after thinking more and more about it, i am starting to dislike the movie. it is good for what it is, it LOOKS good. but everything else about it is just stupid.

but after making $2 billion, my opinion is pointless. we are going to see a lot more 3D and a lot less plot in the future.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

Quote from: theis on Feb 02, 2010, 04:45 PM
Quote from: blixa on Feb 02, 2010, 04:33 PM

It'll most definitely sweep all the technical awards, but It doesn't deserve to win Best Picture or Best Director. Those two categories belong to Inglourious Basterds and Quentin Tarantino.

i don't care so much who wins. i just don't want avatar to get anything.

defskull

To be fair though, Cameron's directing is admirable.  Not exactly who I want to win, but I think he is definitely deserving of the Oscar.  It's not like that world appeared out of thin air.  He created it and was able to direct the actors effectively to properly inhabit the world.  Sure the script is not the best but that's not the fault of his direction. 

bright lights, big city

I just saw this today, and it's perfect if you have about 20 minutes to spare. definitely sums up how I feel about Avatar.

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2010/02/70-minute-star-wars-review-guy-does-avatar
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

nonesuch

finally saw it and wow

it really sucked ass

was i supposed to be happy that jake led the navi (the fictional space species) in murdering humans after only three months of hanging out with them?  Yea the general was evil or whatever but the rest of the guys were just following orders.  it would be like celebrating when the iraqi insurgents kill a bunch of US soldiers.  They have every right to defend themselves against the invaders, but its not the foot soldiers fault its the guys upstairs.  believe im 100% against the wars and all wars for that matter but i wouldn't be proud of an american soldier that infiltrated the iraqis, became a muslim, then led an attack against american soldiers. 

i dont like hearing about some 18 year old kid getting blown up while walking around baghdad,  and i wasn't happy when jake (in full protective avatar gear) killed dozens of his compatriots

the love story was complete bullshit and unbelievable, actually the entire script was utter failure

visually of course it was stunning

everything else,  terrible
i drink your milkshake

rock_n_frost

if it wasnt 3d, it would be just a good animation movie
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

bright lights, big city

more like Avaturd (Avatard is also acceptable)
DERP

blixa

the hurt locker kicked avatar's arse at the baftas. it pretty much cleaned up all the top awards. hoping to see the same thing at the oscars.

nonesuch

a serious man should win ever oscar including  special effects, cinematography , art direction, and score
i drink your milkshake

bright lights, big city

Quote from: nonesuch on Feb 23, 2010, 12:16 AM
a serious man should win ever oscar including  special effects, cinematography , art direction, and score
you know what? i saw that today and really wasn't THAT impressed with it. the cinematography was good, it was humorous, and i think i understood that ending.

and I'm as big a Coen Bros fan as there can possibly be, but after one viewing I definitely don't consider it as one of their top movies (or one of the best of 2009 for that matter).
DERP

nonesuch

watch it again.  it might be their most subtle film,  but if you pay attention (at least for me) every line of dialogue is pure genius
i drink your milkshake

bright lights, big city

oh i will. i'm hoping it has the same effect Big Lebowski had on me. didn't really get it the first time, but now it's my favorite movie ever.
DERP