Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Pink Floyd

Started by ben, Jul 13, 2009, 11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Maybe they get too much credit sometimes, maybe you prefer Yes or King Crimson or Rush or anything else...but there is no denying, when the summer gets up in the hot 100s and the night comes rolling in at a low 90s-mid 80s...it's time to put on some damn PF albums that you've heard time and time again.

I've been going through all their stuff this week, from See Emily Play up to the Gunners Dream. 

Favorite album: Animals
Favorite song: Echoes
Favorite song in the Syd Barrett era- Bike

Jacob

nah man, they just can't get enough credit. Pink Floyd is one of the greatest and you know it! funny how it's summer music for you - for me it's winter music. same with Led Zeppelin. when the first snow falls in the winter, that's when I put the Floyd and Zeppelin albums on repeat.

favorite album: it's a complete tie between The Wall and Animals
Favorite song: Pigs
Favorite song in Syd Barrett era: Astronomy Domine
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

ben

You changed your name.  Weird.

Although it's not a PF album, Syd's first solo album The Madcap Laughs is also excellent.

Starz

I'm gonna sound like a hypocrite here but I really 'don't get this band'  :-\ I've tried countless times to like them but can't...

theis

I don't love Floyd as much as I used to, but they definitely still hold a special place in my heart.

Favorite song: Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Pts. 1-9

ben

Quote from: Starz on Jul 13, 2009, 11:52 PM
I'm gonna sound like a hypocrite here but I really 'don't get this band'  :-\ I've tried countless times to like them but can't...

Atleast you've tried.  Most people that hate PF just do so because of their popularity.

Crazylegs

I haven't been listening to them a whole lot lately, but they're probably my favorite band of all time. They're great songwriters and musicians, and they've released so many top notch albums it's retarded.

The list seems like a mandatory thing, so i'll slap one up too.

Favorite album: Dark side of the moon
Favorite track: Sheep

bright lights, big city

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jul 14, 2009, 12:02 AM
I don't love Floyd as much as I used to, but they definitely still hold a special place in my heart.

Favorite song: Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Pts. 1-9

yeah I haven't listened to them in a long, long time, but I still consider Shine On You Crazy Diamond as one of my favorite songs by any band.
favorite album's gotta be Dark Side of the Moon, though
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defTHE1s

Quote from: ben on Jul 13, 2009, 11:14 PM
maybe you prefer Yes or King Crimson or Rush or anything else...
but I SURE prefer PINK FLOYD!

Yeah, they deserved a thread here too..
so...
kind of hard, but at the moment,

Favorite album: Animals / Meddle
Favorite Song: Sheep
Favorite song in the Syd Barrett era: Lucifer Sam / Interstellar Overdrive

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

E-Money

I love them.  I think their fantastic.  Definitely one of the most creative bands ever. My favs are.....  Dark side of the moon  Then Animals  Then Wish U Were Here.  But its all wonderful. 

Fireal1222

ben you are absolutely right now that i think about it. pink floyd is def. summer music. when i think back to a lot of memories when i was first getting into pink floyd. it was always a hot summer night.. wow memories man..

anyway

my favorite album:  Meddle
favorite song : never in a million years could i just name one..

i am not a fan of pink floyds work during syd barrets era

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Starz on Jul 13, 2009, 11:52 PM

listen. you helped me get into a ton of bands..

if you really want to get into pink floyd. try the album. pink floyd live at the bbc. the end of the psychadelic years.

its absolutely incredible..

if you have problem finding it on your own. i will rip it. and gladly send it your way.. its worth the time and effort

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

ben

Deftones-argentina

I'm not a big fan of the band, I've even heard more than 4 albums. But I think obscured by clouds is quite underrated, don't you think so?

Ohhh, the thing I love the most of pink floyd is their phaser sound, wanted by everyone, achieved by only one.

Starz

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jul 14, 2009, 11:44 AM

if you have problem finding it on your own. i will rip it. and gladly send it your way.. its worth the time and effort

That's why I like this board, we all seem to help eachother out in discovering new music  :)

I will check out the BBC sessions which Paint Your Lips has posted for me, thanks a lot!

Fireal1222

Quote from: Starz on Jul 15, 2009, 02:56 AM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jul 14, 2009, 11:44 AM

That's why I like this board, we all seem to help eachother out in discovering new music  :)

I will check out the BBC sessions which Paint Your Lips has posted for me, thanks a lot!

the member who posted it for you is ben... unless paint your lips (marty) posted the album in another thread. you have peoples boardnames messed up

ben  used to have the name. heydudeitsmeben.. and c-shells.. he had a few more as well but i remember those the most vividly

anyway.. the album u want is 1971, i believe

it has tracks like. Fat Old Sun ( which the last 5 minutes of the song is possibly one of the best jam sessions ive ever heard )
echoes is on there. one of these days.
all those greats

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

Having not listened to Floyd in about 3 years, I decided to give their albums a spin a couple of days ago and yet again I'm hooked on their incredible music.

Fucking amazing band.

defTHE1s

Quote from: theis on Dec 09, 2009, 11:32 AM
Fucking amazing band.
+ 1000

they will hardly get old

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

sing blue silver

best band ever in my opinion.

Jacob

amazing band indeed.

gonna be listening a lot to them around christmas, always do.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep