Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Converge

Started by bright lights, big city, Aug 18, 2009, 07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defsteve

Mastodon and Converge are to tour the UK together before the end of the year. Dates TBC
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Oct 06, 2009, 06:34 PM
Quote from: Alvar on Oct 06, 2009, 05:29 PM
Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Oct 06, 2009, 05:27 PM
Quote from: penguin in the desert on Oct 06, 2009, 02:52 PM
I think the solos are the best thing about this album.
Solos are a waste of album space. It doesn't add anything to the songs, it's just unnessesary playtime. Just horrible. Death to solos.

i guess you're not a big mastodon fan, huh
You guessed it.

And Theis, I can't listen to any of those bands. I get so bored.
that's a shame. what about Between the Buried and Me? some bands' solos absolutely make them great in my opinion.

Quote from: defsteve on Oct 07, 2009, 02:06 AM
Mastodon and Converge are to tour the UK together before the end of the year. Dates TBC
seeing them with Dethklok on Oct 17. cannot wait!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 07, 2009, 03:40 AM
that's a shame. what about Between the Buried and Me? some bands' solos absolutely make them great in my opinion.
I enjoy Colors a lot. Thank god they didn't drown that album in solos as they did with Alaska. Solos doesn't add emotion, feeling, energy, not a goddamn thing, it's just a poor excuse for a guitar player to have fun.

And Converge is a selfproclaimed punk rock band, why on earth would they include solos, that's got nothing to do with punk ! They'll never top Jane Doe if they don't push themselves.

Alvar

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Oct 07, 2009, 01:54 PM
And Converge is a selfproclaimed punk rock band, why on earth would they include solos, that's got nothing to do with punk ! They'll never top Jane Doe if they don't push themselves.

they DID push themselves, you just dont like the direction its going ;)

in some interview kurt stated that they recently were influenced alot by progressive metal, and that they wanted to implement this on the new record.
i can understand that the "energy" of their earlier punkish records doesnt come across this way, i think thats what you`re missing.
axe to fall is like their "easy listening" album :D

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Paint Your Lips

Spot on, Alvar. I miss the fury and the chaos. Progressive metal my ass. :-)

nicklav

First 4 tracks are killer. The rest is forgettable. Should have stuck with that energy.

ben

If anything, the album is a throwback to the Converge of the 1990s.  Pretty cool record, but I definitely prefer the last three albums because each one is so brutal.  You guys will probably laugh at me, but my second favorite track is Cruel Bloom.  fuckin Neurosis, yeaaaaaa

I also prefer the new Doomriders to this, but that album is exceptional and it's not because Axe to Fall is inadequate. 

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: ben on Oct 07, 2009, 10:31 PM
If anything, the album is a throwback to the Converge of the 1990s.  Pretty cool record, but I definitely prefer the last three albums because each one is so brutal.  You guys will probably laugh at me, but my second favorite track is Cruel Bloom.  fuckin Neurosis, yeaaaaaa

I also prefer the new Doomriders to this, but that album is exceptional and it's not because Axe to Fall is inadequate. 
Phoenix in Flight > Cruel Bloom. Even the slower songs were better in the "old days". Way more feeling to it, you can really sense his broken heart and anger / sadness.

Alvar

[youtube=425,350]i7Udij-qb1s[/youtube]

love this

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

_Fireal_

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Oct 07, 2009, 01:54 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 07, 2009, 03:40 AM
I enjoy Colors a lot. Thank god they didn't drown that album in solos as they did with Alaska. Solos doesn't add emotion, feeling, energy, not a goddamn thing, it's just a poor excuse for a guitar player to have fun.

Because being punk means you can do whatever the fuck you want, and that includes doing solos.

I haven't found anything to complain about on Axe to Fall.  I'm liking it all.  Maybe my opinion will change after more listens, maybe not.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 03, 2009, 10:06 AM
your a much better fireal than i am

" 

Deft_16_Ones

Great new CD I've been listening to it since it came out

tarkil

I LOVE their last album. Sure, it sounds easier to listen to compared to their previous work, but I don't see that as a bad thing at all, and I still really enjoy what I'm hearing....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Eros TBA

Just began recording for their upcoming eighth studio album 'All We Love We Leave Behind'

Oldnewtype

Listening to No Heroes for the first time in a while, good shit.

skinnypuppy

Atomic

Quote from: Eros TBA on Feb 03, 2012, 06:24 AM
Just began recording for their upcoming eighth studio album 'All We Love We Leave Behind'
was so excited when i heard about this :D and they never disappoint
My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

theis

black coffee

That tour with Touché Amoré, A Storm Of Light and The Secret is gonna be crazy good.

Honestly I can't remember a concert I've been to which had a better line-up. Fuck me

bright lights, big city

Whoa didn't know about that tour lineup. I love The Secret. But yeah bitchin' tour, bitchin' new song. Can't wait for this to drop.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Quote from: black coffee on Aug 28, 2012, 09:38 PM
That tour with Touché Amoré, A Storm Of Light and The Secret is gonna be crazy good.

Honestly I can't remember a concert I've been to which had a better line-up. Fuck me

I'd prefer the US line-up with Kvelertak, Torche and Nails.

I don't really know any of the bands on the EU line-up...but yeah, I'll probably go to the show.