Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Federal Ban on Clove Cigarettes in the U.S.

Started by MeR, Sep 08, 2009, 08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

Hells yeah! I'll go with you just so I can stalk Alexander Skarsgard!

Variable

Well then.  I guess this is happening

devilinside

Variable

I actually just bought a great knife for shanking people.  But I was supposed to only use it on Taliban ( ironic in this topic.  How I bought a knife even though I will have two guns on me at all times..... think about it you haters)

Jacob

why would that piss me off? it'd actually kind of make me happy that you'd go through all that just for little ol' me :)

I'm not trying to be ignorant dude, I know there are many arguments for arming yourself too. but I've heard it all before and there are no "facts" you can bring forth that will make me realize our laws and those of a lot of other countries are just plain wrong. I just don't see it happening here or in pretty much any other country where it's currently illegal. and I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone - that's just the turn this discussion took. but it's kind of typical how you immediately have to prove someone "wrong" when you see something you don't agree with, Trey.

and did I ever say there were no murders before firearms? not at all. I'm saying that at least here most murders aren't done with firearms. and why the fuck do you think that's the case? because every stupid idiot doesn't have the right to carry a gun just like that.

you're forgetting the FACT that a society that doesn't see carrying a gun as a personal right and something fully normal has a lot more respect for guns.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

devilinside

The only reason I have a gun is because I am a female,(zomg Kelly admitted she's not as strong as a dude!!) and I am home a LOT at nights by myself. If someone were to break into my house,I will gladly shoot them. I have 2 children to protect, no way am I just gonna sit back and let someone come in my house and try and cause harm to me or my family. To me that's completely justifiable.                                                Now they recently passed a law here allowing guns in parks. To me that is completely ridiculous. This is a public place where children are running around. Why on earth would you need a gun at a park?!?!         

Jacob

you'll have to forgive me for painting up these scenarios (they are very exaggerated and horrible but in no way impossible), but since you have a gun at home what about...

1. if you had a very serious fight with your husband, things got out of control, one of you went to get the gun and shot the other, maybe even killed them?

2. your kids got curious when you or their dad are not around and end up hurting themselves or someone else?

3. your teenage kid is extremely depressed, remembers that you have a gun at home, and take their own life in your kitchen?

I could go on, but hopefully you see my point here - having a gun at home is so much more complex that just being able to defend yourself.

and actually, if it was any time at all I wouldn't mind carrying a gun it would be while walking through a park late at night, or just walking by myself late at night in general. not at home.

Nailec

i guess one main problem is that the usa have created hard facts with their laws. the government would have a really hard time going around and collecting the guns of the people. when i think of american ghettos and other problematic american societies, it could really mean really hard losses to disarm all of those.

i am pretty sure i would never leave the house when everyone here would own a gun. sure. if someone really wants to posses one, he or she might get it. but i guess our gun laws and controls are pretty good and i dont hear about gun fights that often.

when some kid here went out to make one of these cruel school massacres, honestl noone would say something like : all the other kids and teachers should have owned guns to kill the murderer before he starts. instead they looked why the kid could posess a gun and all and why noone noticed that something was wrong with him.

and i dont like the idea that is the ground for an argument like :when everyone has a gun, everyone will be safe. this sounds to me as if the society is arranged around the fear and mistrust for other people. the orginally aimed feeling of security is perverted by everyone feeling unsecure because most people probablly arent "well regulated" and there for potentially create danger to others.

oh and: safe your energy for the taliban. and pleas win. thank you.

Nailec

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 10, 2009, 03:16 PM

The only reason I have a gun is because I am a female,(zomg Kelly admitted she's not as strong as a dude!!) and I am home a LOT at nights by myself. If someone were to break into my house,I will gladly shoot them. I have 2 children to protect, no way am I just gonna sit back and let someone come in my house and try and cause harm to me or my family. To me that's completely justifiable.                                                Now they recently passed a law here allowing guns in parks. To me that is completely ridiculous. This is a public place where children are running around. Why on earth would you need a gun at a park?!?!         

i have to be harsh here. i hope you go to jail for the rest of your life if you kill a thief just because you think he could mean a threat to your families lives.

2. just bring your own gun to the park and join your kids playing cowboy and indian (or native american? you know what i mean).

Nailec

Quote from: Variable on Sep 10, 2009, 08:35 AM
I actually just bought a great knife for shanking people.  But I was supposed to only use it on Taliban ( ironic in this topic.  How I bought a knife even though I will have two guns on me at all times..... think about it you haters)

devilinside

Well, I've been married over 10 years and so far so good. But the same could be said for a kitchen knife, hammer, CAR...you could get killed by any of those,and they're completely legal.  And I'm not stupid! I have a safety lock on the gun,and the key to the lock are in a safe in my closet. They will never be able to get in the safe because it's a complex combination on numbers and turns. But I've done a few run thrus and can get it open pretty fast.  I don't keep loaded guns up in my closet for them to just grab.  

devilinside

Quote from: Nailec on Sep 10, 2009, 03:36 PM

i have to be harsh here. i hope you go to jail for the rest of your life if you kill a thief just because you think he could mean a threat to your families lives.

2. just bring your own gun to the park and join your kids playing cowboy and indian (or native american? you know what i mean).

If you think that someone breaking into your home is going to greet you with a smile and a "hi how are ya!",then you're completely retarded.  And if I shot him (or her),it would be out of self defense. This STRANGER is in MY HOUSE,with god knows what kind of intentions!! And I wouldn't go to jail,because again, it would be self defense..and the court would rule in my favor since this was a stranger in my home without my permission.

Jacob

that's what I imagined, and you say you've done a few run throughs - but could you realistically get it out that fast, load it and be able to even hit someone with it while under all that stress? considering the burglar will most likely be armed, which is the sole reason why you even have that gun.

like I said, I'm exaggerating a bit here, but I'm just trying to show that there are a lot more aspects to it. and make you realize why I think it's natural and comforting to live in a country without thousands of guns in thousands of unreliabable peoples homes.

Jacob

while that was a bit too harsh imo, that's also another point I forgot to bring up. the results of actually killing someone with a gun, even if it's in self-defense. I'm not sure how it works in the US, but here you would definitely go to jail.

devilinside

I think it would be great if people didn't have guns,but unfortunately they do,so I prepare myself. No way around it. (unless I moved out of the country I guess) :/

And I handle stress every day,I can totally do it! hah Seriously though,I'm very confident when it comes to loading and shooting a gun. It only takes a second to pop the clip in and I'm ready to fire. But hopefully it will never ever have to come to that. I live in a pretty good community,so hopefully it will stay that way. I also have a baseball bat behind my bed in case I can't get to the gun quick enough. HAHA!!!

devilinside

Quote from: Jacob on Sep 10, 2009, 03:57 PM

while that was a bit too harsh imo, that's also another point I forgot to bring up. the results of actually killing someone with a gun, even if it's in self-defense. I'm not sure how it works in the US, but here you would definitely go to jail.

It varies by states,but in Tennessee if you can prove it was self defense,then you're clear.

Nailec

QuoteAnd I handle stress every day,I can totally do it! hah Seriously though,I'm very confident when it comes to loading and shooting a gun. It only takes a second to pop the clip in and I'm ready to fire. But hopefully it will never ever have to come to that. I live in a pretty good community,so hopefully it will stay that way. I also have a baseball bat behind my bed in case I can't get to the gun quick enough. HAHA!!!

that sounded kinda hot.

Variable

My girl friend actually always gives me shit because I literally take my gun everywhere with me.  It sleeps with me too.  But even a little bit of good training can allow you to do things like this safely.  I really do believe its all about psyche and training of the person.  Not the weapon they have.  I got jumped by 8 guys about 3 weekends ago and had a knife and a gun.  I didn't use either.  Didn't feel the need to because I didn't feel like they were going to kill me.  *shrugs*

devlin

i completely agree with kelly. i do not own a gun, but only because i live in a very small (one square mile) town. where the biggest threat is 15 yr olds loitering outside the 7-11. but if i lived somewhere i didn't feel safe i would definitly get a gun. i would of course become trained in cleaning, loading, and shooting so i didn't hurt myself. and i would make sure my son never even knew it was in the house. if you buy it and hide it (safely), there would be no reason for a child to know you own a gun. unless you try to impress him/her "hey look what i got today!!!".

as for jacob's scenarios. the second and third wouldn't apply if i do a good enough job keeping it from my son. and for the first one...well bitch should've had dinner ready when i got home. J/K :)

and variable, that must be a military thing. my girls brother was navy, just got out a year or two ago. and he always has his gun on him.

oh and your story is so rediculously manly it sounds fake. unlike the time i got jumped by 25...no 30! ninjas ROBOT NINJAS. each one had a katana in one hand and laser gun in the other (i am all for banning laser guns btw jacob).  all i had on me was a chewed toothpick and a spatula. but i didn't use either. i killed all 30 of the robot ninjas with 3 1/2 roundhouse kicks. all while getting a blowjob from angelina jolie...and brad pitt.

Variable

Yeah but mine is actually true.  I didn't claim to win the fight.  If the police hadn't maced us I probably would have got hurt pretty bad.  You can read the whole story in whiteponys @ thread if you really care to examine my integrity.  Just look for the pic of me with stiches.

The point though was that me and by buddy ( who is a marine ) got jumped.  He knew I had weapons.  Neither of us went for them.  Because we are trained in how to think clear in stressful scenarios.  They heavily press on us escalation of force and proportional force ( in law of war classes ).  Simple training like this for civilians before being able to legally own a gun would prevent a lot of problems.  Because no matter how much I love my marine buddies.  Not all of them are the brightest.  So if they can grasp it, and actually apply it.  I know most everyone else can. 

I did just realize that I was a bit misleading in what I said.  I had the gun in my hotel room a couple blocks away.  Only my knife on my person.  Im not going to bring a gun bar hopping.  But what my point about the gun was that I could have very easily gone back to get it and found these guys again ( as they were working so I knew where they would be ) and retaliated out of anger.  I even saw them the next day when the gun was actually on me and just let it go.  Not everyone is crazy and impulsive.