Worst Deftones' songs.

Started by Vesanic, Sep 11, 2009, 01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

Quote from: Far away on Oct 22, 2009, 01:06 PM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Oct 22, 2009, 02:58 AM
anything made past the year 2003.

wow.. everything?

not everything. but for the most part. i just dont like deftones that much anymore. well i shouldnt say that. i just really dont like SNW all that much

Quote from: Inkblades on Oct 26, 2009, 04:45 AM
Mein is not as bad as people make it out to be.

yes. mein really is as bad as people make it out to be. its simply awful.

and to be honest. the video for mein is about as good as the video for 2 girls 1 cup.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

nineteenpeoplesnames

I like them all apart from the demos they did before Adrenaline. I think they wanted to be Bad Brains.

Thinking about it, their first album is well influenced by Bad Brains. Especially Quickness.

Never really got on with Pink Maggit. Dunno why tho.

Fireal1222

Quote from: nineteenpeoplesnames on Oct 26, 2009, 10:04 PM
Never really got on with Pink Maggit. Dunno why tho.

pink maggit is one of my favorites

from the  adrenaline era to the white pony era  deftones were flawless. but even though i really enjoyed the self titled album, there live show started to become laughable. i did enjoy the self titled album though. but with snw the live shows were still laughable and the music began to sound bad. the music on snw sounds forced or something, like the heavy parts they are trying to be heavy. and it just sounds goofy. snw isnt that bad. but overall its just not what im used to with deftones

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

deftones86

i think thats what everyone thought with snw i enjoyed the first few songs and the last....pink maggot and rivier are two of the best album closers ever imo...s/t is my second favorite album after ATF...but again i cant wait for this new shit to drop...

Vesanic

theis

What's with all the SNW hate?

The only bad songs on it are Rats, Cellphone and Mein.

Otherwise it's a damn solid album. Beware and Cherry Waves are two of the best Deftones songs ever.

Fireal1222

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Oct 27, 2009, 01:36 PM
What's with all the SNW hate?

The only bad songs on it are Rats, Cellphone and Mein.

Otherwise it's a damn solid album. Beware and Cherry Waves are two of the best Deftones songs ever.

beware the water is extremely repetitive. by the third chorus i begin to lose all feeling in my legs.

i just really dont like snw.. its okay. dont get me wrong. but nothing great

for example. most people like the song xerces, where as i think its awful

the only songs i like on snw are the instrumental and kim dracula. i used to like cherry waves alot, but that song got dull after a while..
there is simply no lasting value to snw

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

Haha, damn. Xerces is fucking beautiful.

Far away

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Oct 26, 2009, 05:05 AMi just really dont like SNW all that much

well its not my favorite record either.

Inkblades

n/m

defTHE1s

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Oct 27, 2009, 02:45 PM
most people like the song xerces, where as i think its awful
same here. for me the best of SNW are UUDDLR..., KimDracula, but I'll add Beware and maybe Cherry Waves and Rapture. UUDDLR... is simply GREAT.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

m

i think teenager is one of their worst songs,it's very boring.lucky you is much better in my opinion and darker.

Vesanic

Teenager and Lucky You aren't made of the same blood, I'd say.

No More Sugar

Quote from: m on Oct 29, 2009, 11:10 AM
i think teenager is one of their worst songs,it's very boring.lucky you is much better in my opinion and darker.

The songs are completely different, not even the lyrical content gives off the same feeling...why would you even compare?
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

m

i could say that it is the same blood,dj crook  wrote teenager and also lucky you,two "electronic songs',I know that teenager was meant to be a team sleep track,they are kind of different on every album since white pony deftones put an electronic song,teenager,lucky you and PCP.I'm not comparing them in feeling style or lyrical but in electronic style from all their longplays.it's just my opinion,you don't have to agree with me of course.

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Sep 11, 2009, 12:18 PM
(Hexagram, Deathblow, Battle-Axe, and Moana)  Worst song: Battle-Axe

points out the relevancy of such a topic, cause i used to get goose bumps from Battle-Axe, Moana has that same sorta vibe in the chorus and think Hexagram main riff is one of their best.

and Cain's arguments against S/T, are ones i'd actually have against White Pony.

btw 'repetitive' isnt an argument. you'd also moan about minimal music being bad cause its repetitive? thats the whole fucking point in the genre.

Xerces was written (along?) by one dude of Team Sleep. so..

sing blue silver

well i wouldn't call any of their songs particularly bad BUT if i had to pick.
adrenaline-none, it's 100% awesome.
around the fur-once again none. it's 110% awesome.
white pony-teenager. i know its a great song and people love it but it just feels a bit off to me with the rest of the album.
deftones-lucky you. just not interested really.
b-sides-sinatra. i feel like linus or lovers deserved to be there much more.
SNW-pink cellphone for the same reasons so many other people disliked it. mainly the buttfucking monologue at the end. riviere i'm on the fence with. it's great but i find myself just skipping it often.

hopefully rocket skates is a sign of good things to come. chino is back on his game (some dispute he never fell off but you can't argue he's back to the energy of the old days) and abe is better than ever. it'll be interesting to hear a new bassist and i wish it wasn't the case but they seem to have an energy they were missing for a bit. anyway i'm rambing so yeah. theres my opinion.

defTHE1s

Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 06, 2009, 03:20 AM
WTF!!!
Well, this version is not better than the one on the Minerva single, but, it's awesome!
There was enough room on the cd to put Like Linus or another demo, or yeah, why not? Lovers!!!
or maybe remove that idio version of teenager..

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

sing blue silver

Quote from: defTHE1s on Nov 09, 2009, 04:56 AM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 06, 2009, 03:20 AM
WTF!!!
Well, this version is not better than the one on the Minerva single, but, it's awesome!
There was enough room on the cd to put Like Linus or another demo, or yeah, why not? Lovers!!!
or maybe remove that idio version of teenager..
yeah i hated that version of teenager but i never liked that song that much anyway. sinatra just never did it for me at all either.

No More Sugar

Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 09, 2009, 03:20 PM
sinatra just never did it for me at all either.

helmet is classic
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.