Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Worst Deftones' songs.

Started by Vesanic, Sep 11, 2009, 04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

one weak

BillyNo.9

Mascara is like a bird trying to fly but not quite getting it.

Teenager is boring to me aswell as
AOABE, WGTB and Good morning beautiful

from_musings

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Dec 14, 2010, 08:53 AM
Mascara is like a bird trying to fly but not quite getting it.

haha ok. I like it ok, it's simple even for a deftones song.probably written in 20 min or so. Great live though.. they usually stretch it out a bit, make it slower

endoeleven

None...All Quality Enough Tracks for a Spot on the CD.

Dope999

Why all the hate on Mein ? I like it a lot! One of faves to play on the drums aswell.

Someone will probably stab me to death in my sleep for this, but I really don't get what's so great about the Adrenaline album..
Bored, Root and 7 Words are the only songs that really speaks to me.. all the others are just: "meh.."

I love everything else Deftones has ever made, with the mere exceptions of Lucky You and Pink Cellphone.

Vesanic

You don't see what's so great about Fist ? Ok.

from_musings

Quote from: Dope999 on Dec 15, 2010, 04:01 PM
I really don't get what's so great about the Adrenaline album..

the same sound

Vesanic

Quote from: Dope999 on Dec 15, 2010, 04:01 PM
I really don't get what's so great about the Adrenaline album..

BillyNo.9

Aniversary of a boring event :)

BillyNo.9

Sound quality for adrenaline kinda sucks but thats part of its charm man, the utter rawness of it, the guitar doesn sound as beefy as the other albums fair enough, but its still a fucking classic with extra credit for being masterpiece of a debut

pinkmaggit

Deftones is my all time favourite band by a long way.It's one of the few bands where I can say that I love all of their albums and 99.9 percent of their songs.Come to think of it there isn't actually even one song which I hate.There is only 1 song that I don't really like and that would be ........... Beauty School. I know that a lot of people here are going to hate me and be in disbelief that I don't like this song but to me it's really the only Deftones song I can say this about. To me it sounds like 30 seconds to Mars, a band which I really dislike intensely. I don't know what it is, but it has that feel to it, especially the part where Chino sings 'it's a beautiful ride' - that part really reminds me of a 30STM song, the name of which I have no clue. I just think that this song is plodding and boring and sounds like it was made for radio. I love Diamond Eyes.I've loved it from the very beginning but have only really begun to appreciate the awesomeness of this album recently - it's really been a grower. I just wish that Beauty School had been left off the album - it slows the pace right down, at the wrong moment for me. Don't get me wrong - I'm not a fan who only loves their agressive stuff but the album seems to be building up so much momentum at such a frantic pace and I just feel that this slows the album down at the wrong moment.
As far as albums go I have nothing but complete adoration and admiration for all of them. Admittedly I have never given Adrenaline as much chance and as many listens as it deserves and it is and always has been my least favourite, but I still regard it as a great album. I have 2 favourite albums - I can't decide which is better and they are both so different - Around the Fur (the album that got me into the Tones) and the Self Titled album.Second place is also shared between Diamond Eyes and Saturday Night Wrist (which I think is terribly underrated).Next would be White Pony and then lastly Adrenaline.I don't get the people that say White Pony is by far their best and to a greater degree those who say it is their only good album - they must be crazy) and I don't get those who say Self Titled was a let down after this album -it's so dark and mysterious and absolutely great! - it has such great songs like Hexagram, Minerva, Battle Axe and my all time favourite Bloody Cape - how can you not love this album.Saturday Night Wrist is also vastly  underrated and I don't get some of the hate towards it. One thing I love about the Deftones is that all of there albums are so different from one another, each one so unique, while still retaining the quintessentail Deftones sound.Each album sounds so fresh and it makes them the one band that consistently surprises and pushes boundaries without becoming ridiculous and resorting to gimmicks and little ridiculous electronic experiments like the hugely overrated Radiohead (I'm sure Radiohead fans will hate me for saying this), instead using the songs themselves and some very interesting song structures to do the boundary pushing.
For me Deftones is the greatest band there ever has and probably ever will be and it's just impossible to find anything negative to say about them.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: pinkmaggit on Jan 23, 2011, 11:44 PM
Deftones is my all time favourite band by a long way.It's one of the few bands where I can say that I love all of their albums and 99.9 percent of their songs.Come to think of it there isn't actually even one song which I hate.There is only 1 song that I don't really like and that would be ........... Beauty School. I know that a lot of people here are going to hate me and be in disbelief that I don't like this song but to me it's really the only Deftones song I can say this about. To me it sounds like 30 seconds to Mars, a band which I really dislike intensely. I don't know what it is, but it has that feel to it, especially the part where Chino sings 'it's a beautiful ride' - that part really reminds me of a 30STM song, the name of which I have no clue. I just think that this song is plodding and boring and sounds like it was made for radio. I love Diamond Eyes.I've loved it from the very beginning but have only really begun to appreciate the awesomeness of this album recently - it's really been a grower. I just wish that Beauty School had been left off the album - it slows the pace right down, at the wrong moment for me. Don't get me wrong - I'm not a fan who only loves their agressive stuff but the album seems to be building up so much momentum at such a frantic pace and I just feel that this slows the album down at the wrong moment.
As far as albums go I have nothing but complete adoration and admiration for all of them. Admittedly I have never given Adrenaline as much chance and as many listens as it deserves and it is and always has been my least favourite, but I still regard it as a great album. I have 2 favourite albums - I can't decide which is better and they are both so different - Around the Fur (the album that got me into the Tones) and the Self Titled album.Second place is also shared between Diamond Eyes and Saturday Night Wrist (which I think is terribly underrated).Next would be White Pony and then lastly Adrenaline.I don't get the people that say White Pony is by far their best and to a greater degree those who say it is their only good album - they must be crazy) and I don't get those who say Self Titled was a let down after this album -it's so dark and mysterious and absolutely great! - it has such great songs like Hexagram, Minerva, Battle Axe and my all time favourite Bloody Cape - how can you not love this album.Saturday Night Wrist is also vastly  underrated and I don't get some of the hate towards it. One thing I love about the Deftones is that all of there albums are so different from one another, each one so unique, while still retaining the quintessentail Deftones sound.Each album sounds so fresh and it makes them the one band that consistently surprises and pushes boundaries without becoming ridiculous and resorting to gimmicks and little ridiculous electronic experiments like the hugely overrated Radiohead (I'm sure Radiohead fans will hate me for saying this), instead using the songs themselves and some very interesting song structures to do the boundary pushing.
For me Deftones is the greatest band there ever has and probably ever will be and it's just impossible to find anything negative to say about them.
PROPER!!! Well said, mate. ALL great records, and NOTHING is 360 degrees of perfection.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

skullisred

Paragraphs

and

spaces

people

cool.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

It's official. Topics that request opinions start forest fires and Smokey the Bear doesn't like forest fires. I happen to like AOAUE and Lucky You. And Teenager too! Lots of people don't, it's all good. Whooooooooooooofffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!! Hurry, fetch me another match before they come with the water! I like pussy too and if there is someone here who doesn't, we can still be friends. Doesn't bother me one little bit.  :) Ummmmmmmmm, Adrenaline is like Deftones as a  fetus though. Like Linus (and others) being the embryo.  ;D I'm definitely running toward your fire with an army of firefighters and psychiatrists right behind them, lol. Put that shit on your earbuds, let it marinate a little more and let it light up your fucking hair gel bro. ;)

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Dec 16, 2010, 03:14 AM
Sound quality for adrenaline kinda sucks but thats part of its charm man, the utter rawness of it, the guitar doesn sound as beefy as the other albums fair enough, but its still a fucking classic with extra credit for being masterpiece of a debut
hellz yeah

mAscArA81

For me is Elite, although grow a bit  on me when i saw them live this past 8 december, chino was amazing singing this song

pony_01

this list is just deftones songs that i dont really like much
Adrenaline: none
ATF: Rickets ( i dunno just dont like the song)
WP: Elite (i hate  the vocal effects)
Self titled: none
B-Sides: all the covers except Simple Man
SNW: Kimdracula, Pink Cellphone, Hole in the Earth, Beware (i hate the beeeeeeeeeeewaaaaare thing), Mein,  UUDDLRLR (boring tho)
DE: This Place is Death, Risk,

nineteen

Adrenaline = Bad Brains