Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Worst Deftones' songs.

Started by Vesanic, Sep 11, 2009, 01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceeslunk

Quote from: ANattyRat on Jul 12, 2015, 08:45 AM
Quote from: iceeslunk on Jul 12, 2015, 03:03 AM
i get depressed hearing how so many people dont care for adrenaline...i understand many of you are younger fans, so i mean i get it...
but when adrenaline came out, there was NOTHING else like it, people tried to lump deftones in with the likes of korn and limp bizkit, but true fans knew that was bullshit...
adrenaline is, and will always be my favorite deftones album, its so raw both audibly & emotionally, and its where it ALL began...
i implore those of you who dont like the first album to sit down and listen (volume cranked WAY up) song by song a few times, and if still you dont dig it, then fine...

I don't think age is much of a factor. It just depends on what you like. Deftones have such a varied sound that people's albums depend on their tastes. For example, I'm not much a fan of ATF. I mean, I love it, but it has the most songs that I don't particularly like. Whereas White Pony, that's an incredible album, that's my favourite. I love Adrenaline, it's very raw and rough around the edges, and it is very unique, that's easy to hear. But some people don't like that rawness. Plus it's their first album, they've changed and evolved and improved so much since then that it's easy to let Adrenaline go under the radar, despite it being a great album.

yeah, i mean youre absolutely right, regardless of age people have their preferences...but at the same time i just worry that *some* fans might not give the earlier/heavier stuff enough of a chance only because a lot of the younger fans ive talked to in person seem to prefer white pony/more recent albums..
and dont get me wrong, i love EVERY deftones album, but white pony was my least favorite for a long time, ive been enjoying it more recently for some reason...maybe being 33 years old helps!  ;D
but yes, to each their own!

ZND84

I don't like the chorus for Cherry Waves, it ruins the song, but my least liked Deftones song would have to be Pink Cellphone, then Teenager.

Hinojos

I could honestly never really get into Mein or Moana. Musically Moana isn't too bad but compared to their other stuff it just feels like it lacks something. And I love Serj but his short part kinda throws it off for me.
Also Pink Cellphone, depending on my mood I can tolerate it but I always skip the end especially if I'm with someone haha.
For awhile I didn't like Lucky You, Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event, This Place is Death, or Rapture. Now I don't mind Lucky You/Rapture, and Anniversary/TPID is up there with my favorites from them. Every time I listen to Anniversary it's like it gets better. It's a nice vibe to cruise to at night time.

ApparatusUnearth

Quote from: ZND84 on Jul 14, 2015, 02:14 AM
I don't like the chorus for Cherry Waves, it ruins the song, but my least liked Deftones song would have to be Pink Cellphone, then Teenager.
The chorus is the best part!  :)

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: iceeslunk on Jul 12, 2015, 03:03 AM
i get depressed hearing how so many people dont care for adrenaline...i understand many of you are younger fans, so i mean i get it...
but when adrenaline came out, there was NOTHING else like it, people tried to lump deftones in with the likes of korn and limp bizkit, but true fans knew that was bullshit...
adrenaline is, and will always be my favorite deftones album, its so raw both audibly & emotionally, and its where it ALL began...
i implore those of you who dont like the first album to sit down and listen (volume cranked WAY up) song by song a few times, and if still you dont dig it, then fine...

Yeah I've heard every Deftones song about 100,000 times, so I don't think I need to listen to it more to grasp the beauty of it or anything. I'm not saying it's a bad record, I love minus blindfold, root, and a few others, but I just prefer their later work. It's not about age, I'm 28, it's about what I prefer to hear sonically. When I was younger, though, all I listened to was heavier music, now I've kind of calmed down my style as I've aged a bit. So in that sense my music taste does have to do with age, but even when I was younger I preferred ATF to Adrenaline.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

from_musings

ApparatusUnearth

Adrenaline is certainly good but I personally don't come to Deftones for heaviness, if I want that I'll listen to some doom or black metal. I come to Deftones for the excellent songwriting and atmosphere.

ConcealingFate92

Worst Deftones song... Rapture!.
Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: from_musings on Sep 11, 2015, 07:01 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Sep 11, 2015, 12:59 PM
Yeah I've heard every Deftones song about 100,000 times

I'm not sure what your intent is here...
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Tones818

Passenger.

I think I'm the only person in the world who never liked Tool. They suck balls.

defTHE1s

All I can say is that after having listened to the instrumental versions of many songs from WP to KNY some songs have grown a lot on me.
Also, from Adrenaline Minus Blindfold has grown a lot since it was my least favorite from that album. Same happened with Birthmark.
For ATF same happened with Rickets, and Korea & Elite in WP.
From S/T I remember that I didn't like a lot of songs like Hexagram, WGTB and AOAUE, but now they are top favorites; Good Morning Beatiful is the weakest song from that album imo.
SNW: HITE is still my least favorite along with Combat and even Rivière but have grown more since I've listened the instrumentals. As for PCP, it's meh but i'd rather prefer the Ezrin demo or the short version w/out dialog.
DE: weakest song for me is 976-Evil but i love the instrumental version.
KNY: Swerve City, Romantic Dreams and WHTY are the least favorites.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...