Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Warner Music comes back to YouTube + FACEBOOK FRIENDS FINDER YAY !

Started by Vesanic, Sep 30, 2009, 03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

As lots of you may know, it's been a struggling fight to keep some videos up on YouTube. Seems like the fight will be easier now.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Warner Music Comes Back to YouTube

Music Licensing: It's complicated. Let's face it. But today all of that is beside the point: we are happy to announce that Warner Music Group (WMG)'s artists are returning home to YouTube. Under this new, multi-year global agreement, you will be able to discover, watch and share Warner music on the site. The partnership covers the full Warner catalog and includes user-generated content containing WMG acts.

With Warner on board, we now have artists from all four of the major music labels & publishers together with hundreds of indie labels and publishers on our platform. Warner will also be able to sell their own ad inventory and will use our Content ID technology to claim and monetize user-generated videos uploaded to YouTube by Warner Music fans. The partnership is based on a revenue share generated from the ads on the videos, and this makes good business sense for everyone involved: artists and labels can make money from their videos and the YouTube community gets to enjoy them.

But enough talk... let's get back to the rock. Warner's videos will begin appearing on YouTube in the near future.

Chris Maxcy, Director of YouTube Partner Development

Source.

theis

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

This means a friend's band is gonna have HD music videos up and shit.

Fucking trippy.

Last time I saw them play live it was at a "young musicians" competition and they lost.

Vesanic

I also see this as a victory of the masses against the system. Not that I'm an anarchist of some shit but that's the way I see it. YouTube was probably fed up with people trying more and more ways to keep their copyrighted content up. Don't know if you get me.

Fireal1222

how can somebody not view youtube as a good thing. unless you are a television network.. but really. youtube has spread so much live footage and stuff that people would have never been able to get access of without it.

youtube really is a beautiful thing... twitter and facebook is the work of the devil though, lol

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Variable

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Me too.

I didn't know you were on FB Trey.

:D

Variable

I only got into it in like the past month

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

You should add me, homeslice.

Also, this thread derailed in 5 posts.

Wow.

Variable

alvarezbassist17

yo josh, i added j00 m8

on topic, youtube rulz!

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

alvarezbassist17

haha dude i've been on fb for like 4 years now, they kinda pile up after awhile.

p.s. that star wars/star trek convo is both hilarious and the pinnacle of nerditude  ;D

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Yeah.

I am a power nerd. Internet buddies get that from me, but it's nowhere near how nerdy I actually am.

One of my favorite pastimes is clicking the "random article" button on Wookieepedia.

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Oct 02, 2009, 11:23 AM
Yeah.

I am a power nerd. Internet buddies get that from me, but it's nowhere near how nerdy I actually am.

One of my favorite pastimes is clicking the "random article" button on Wookieepedia.

Haha, definitely never seen wookieepedia before.  that's turbo nerdy.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Oct 02, 2009, 07:32 PM
Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Oct 02, 2009, 11:23 AM
Yeah.

Haha, definitely never seen wookieepedia before.  that's turbo nerdy.

It's pretty much the best website ever. Corey, how do you look like a 20 something in one picture and like a 32 year old dad in the next? Because it's pretty awesome.

Also, lol'd at the new name of the thread.