Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Should I re-enlist?

Started by Variable, Oct 04, 2009, 12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

So before this goes too far.  I just want to say that I don't really care to go any further on the women in the military issue.  I just see me offending someone eventually.  I respect the girls on this board, and the women that I have served with , too much to keep trying to explain this.  I just don't think I can properly represent my view on the issue without being able to actually speak and articulate.  I do however think that I could be really misunderstood if I keep trying.  It's a complicated issue that goes a lot further than "boys are stronger than girls"

Ill just end it by saying that war is not as Hollywood would make it to be.  It's not a bunch of scared innocent boys who step up to the occasion when they are put into a bad situation.  Wars are fought and won by Spartains.  I guarantee you that the Taliban isn't made of a bunch of scared little boys who just happen to kick ass at infantry tactics and be absurdly brave when a U.S. patrol just happens to walk by..... Just think about it.

Oh and btw, to give girls the props they deserve.  The first living woman to be awarded the Silver Star did it during my first deployment to Afghanistan.  She was a medic on a convoy that got attacked and she reacted exactly how she was trained to, and did a lot of great things.  So heres that if anybody cares http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Lin_Brown

downtownpony

Damn. "From high-school cheerleader to Silver Star recipient".

Variable