Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Sparta thread

Started by No More Sugar, Nov 03, 2009, 11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No More Sugar

Does anyone like this band at all? I really like the album Porcelain. They're pretty good imo.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

Jacob

I like them, although they got a bit boring with their third album.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

No More Sugar

Nailec

strange enough. most reviews i read stated that the third was their strongest output. i disagree strongly with those

Fireal1222

funny u made this thread. i just listened to wiretap scars the other day for the first time in a long time.

wiretap scars is a good record. im not a fan of the rest of their stuff. although porcelain is an alright album

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Jacob

wiretap scars is amazing. I think parts of porcelain are equally amazing, but other parts are kinda lacking.

it's a shame his vocals are pretty bad.

Zevaka

on the CD vocals are ok... in comparison with how he sounds live...

No More Sugar

i think it's funny how he sounds kinda like walter from quicksand.

Deadradio

Do they have a new album in the works?

ben

No, I'm pretty sure they are on an indefinite hiatus.  Jim Ward has his own band called Sleepercar which I recall as being quite lame.

Jim needs to hope for an ATDI reunion and new album.  Don't think it's as crazy to think anymore...

black coffee

Hi everyone-
here is the official word from the sparta headquarters-

"Sparta, awake!

After a three-year "nap," Sparta will play their first show since 2008 this November in their hometown of El Paso, TX. They're confirmed to perform on November 17th at Tricky Falls, the newly renovated venue co-owned by frontman Jim Ward. The band – Ward, drummer Tony Hajjar, bassist Matt Miller, and guitarist Keeley Davis – will also head into the studio this fall to begin work on their fourth LP, the follow-up to 2006's Threes. More information coming soon; in the meantime, tickets for the 11/17 El Paso show are available beginning today (8/4) at 10 am MST here: http://holdmyticket.com/event/27335

We will continue to update as we go...

Thanks everyone
-jim

source: http://tembloroso.com/blog/23-sparta

Robotsatemygrandma

NICE!

I liked Sparta but fell out of touch quickly.

In all honesty I was never really fond of either ATDI or Mars Volta, but I'll listen to ATDI for nostalgic reasons.

Jacob

that's great.

awesome performance of their best song, btw:

Sparta - Collapse

ablackswan

i really enjoy this acoustic show
*Tous ensemble pour leur foutre au cul*

Quote from: VesanicJustin Bieber sounds like Adrenaline

Oldnewtype

Wiretap Scars is an old favorite of mine, used to listen to it alot in high school.

roflestiltskin

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Aug 22, 2011, 02:54 AM
Wiretap Scars is an old favorite of mine, used to listen to it alot in high school.

Agreed.  I just put it on now.  It's still pretty good.  I always liked Sparta better than The Mars Volta.  I really didn't like TMV at all, actually.