Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

10-year-old won't pledge to the flag until gays and lesbians have equal rights.

Started by theis, Nov 18, 2009, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2009/11/16/am.boy.no.pledge.cnn.html

"I was analysing the meanings of it because I want to be a lawyer".

This kid is awesome.

No More Sugar

QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

Nailec

ahaha are the hosts making fun of him, when the interview is finished? i think so.

some thoughts:
-he is a 10 year-old. he should go out and play some soccer or something.
-this nationalist act of praising the flag and praising america should be abolished because it makes people think that america is the one and only nation and is naturally better than other nations. this is an old tradition that aimed to raise uncritical citizens to my opinion.
-just because america would have gay rights etc., doesnt mean it would become a nation of liberty and equality as these processes demand more than positive rights.

devlin

Quote from: Nailec on Nov 18, 2009, 04:22 PM
ahaha are the hosts making fun of him, when the interview is finished? i think so.

some thoughts:
-he is a 10 year-old. he should go out and play some soccer or something.
-this nationalist act of praising the flag and praising america should be abolished because it makes people think that america is the one and only nation and is naturally better than other nations. this is an old tradition that aimed to raise uncritical citizens to my opinion.
-just because america would have gay rights etc., doesnt mean it would become a nation of liberty and equality as these processes demand more than positive rights.

man you really come across as a dick by  over analyzing  and criticizing everything. ecspecially your 3rd thought. would equal rights for gays make america fully equal and liberal? of course not. but come on man the kid is 10. when i was 10 i was making fart jokes and chasing bees around with a wiffle ball bat...not much has changed there really. but at least he is trying and thinking and caring. good for him.

although i do suspect that this a bullshit reason he came up with after getting in troble for just not wanting to stand and say the plegde.

Nailec

lol ok these were my thoughts. i didnt want to imply that the kid should have thought of that ;)