Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Stupid Question

Started by cmndrctrlr, Apr 07, 2010, 03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmndrctrlr

It's an extremely stupid question, but what is the likelihood of getting the Deftones to play in India, we got Iron Maiden to come down thrice, even Machinehead and Megadeth played out here.

If there isn't a likelihood, any suggestions on how to make my thus far impossible dream to watch them live, happen somehow.

There is a really big fan base here, the rich and the lucky usually catch them at Download in the UK.

But i'd sure love to see them play live here...Hopefully with Chi back on duty.

The ropes hang to keep us all awake.

SHAMELESS PLUG! Teaser to my new Film

black coffee

They played in Korea and Japan before. If flying there is cheaper than flying to Europe, I would definitely go for it as soon as they announce some dates in Asia. In the end it all pretty much depends on how important this is to you and how much you're willing to spend, because they might not come to your country anytime soon.

cmndrctrlr

Yeah I get what you mean, but there is absolutely nothing like hearing them play in your home ground, I dunnno.

I guess it's the atmosphere. But then again I haven't been to any other country, LOL.

Guess it's just a dream, for now.

Jacob

like black coffee said, you'll just have to consider how much you'll want to see them and wether or not you're willing to wait for a chance to see them in India. I live in Sweden and while they've played here a few times, they've only played here once since I started listening to them. and that was a couple of years after I flew to Germany to see them. I went there once more after SNW, so I've managed to catch them 3 times. and it's been totally worth it. as soon as they announce a show in Berlin or somewhere close, I'm booking a flight. for me it's pretty convenient though, since my dad lives close to Berlin and always joins me and my friends on the trip. but even if he didn't, I'd be willing to go to another country for another chance to see them. as long as they're releasing new material, there'll be a reason to see them live.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

cmndrctrlr

I get what you mean. For me any Deftones concert's worth it, specially if they do a Maiden-esque Somewhere back in Time type gig.

Just that it's bloody expensive to fly anywhere outside of India, so I guess some waiting is in order.

Thanks anywho Jacob.