Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Psychedelics

Started by Fireal1222, Dec 05, 2009, 08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailec

lol. its chemical substances. you can not control them. no matter how strong your mind is.

that is as if you say something only developes depression when he/she is a weak person, which is very insulting and wrong.

i would just say the risks are higher if you are labile.

No More Sugar

@Nailec - Okay, you are right..You can't control a chemical substance. However for all the drugs I did, and the many times I did triple c's, I haven't lost my mind. I'm still capable of communication and thought, so in my eyes i'm fine.

@One Weak - What? Yes I'm 18.

@Fireal - Yeah, that is completely my opinion though. I may not remember everything I learned in school(what person really does?) but i learned alot more through drugs about myself and other people...something that actually matters.(in my opinion.)
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: one weak on Dec 09, 2009, 06:09 AM
Quote from: No More Sugar on Dec 09, 2009, 02:57 AM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Dec 09, 2009, 02:07 AM
Quote from: No More Sugar on Dec 08, 2009, 10:40 PM
if you ever do DXM trips, try not to do it a whole lot cause it definitely fucks your thought process up from long term use.(take me as a perfect example.) i feel like i may be developing schizotypal behavior now-a-days as a result of my extended drug use in general.

i highly recommend that nobody use DXM. you are at a higher risk of wrecking your liver when you mess with DXM. miseducated kids think dxm is great, when in fact, people are much more safe when you eat a small dose of mushrooms, rather than downing bottles of robotussin.

if you are thinking about trying dxm, or doing it. dont. their are far too many health risks involved for a dirty trip.

i recommend more people educate themselves before just putting random things into their body, or even worse, over the counter medications.

www.erowid.org is a non-biased website with great information on psychedelics

That certainly came off pretty elitish considering you're referring to me as a "Miseducated kid", as if you're better than me or something because you do "safer drugs." I know and always have known full well the risks of anything I have put into my body. However I do not suffer from paranoia about dying or becoming sick/messing up my brain like 99% of people do. I do not let that fear restrain me from having fun, because if i'm having fun than that's the most important thing to me. Being worried about the consequences causes you to take fewer risks, leveling out to many missed out experiences that could have possibly given you insight on life in general, or changed your perception of thinking. The thought of being safe is just a noose around the human neck, and it binds everyone together in a big ball of conformity. And by the way, after doing all the drugs I've done, I actually feel I've come out smarter and more educated in a different form(life), while i've forgotten everything I was taught growing up(formal education, what i 'believed' was right/wrong as a result of other people's opinions becoming my own, and essentially became myself.)

I'm not saying be a fucking drug hound like I was, but jesus christ, live a little. If God worried about the consequences of creating earth and humans, well no one can even fathom what kind of dilemma he'd be in. Drugs will only fuck you up if your a weak minded person, with no will, or personal strength and belief in yourself. Pretty much, if you LET them ruin your mind, it will. If you take it as it comes and just quit complicating things then everything will pan out fine. I do believe in Karma, and the fact that no matter what you believe at the moment, everything comes out even in the end.

what a load of nonsense. this train of thought is precisely why the world is overrun by little retards downing bottles of cough syrup and regurgitating some quasi-spiritual rant instead of people that recreate with some weed or mushrooms on occasion. "don't be a drug hound like me....blah, blah..." aren't you like 18?

word, man.  i'm personally totally stoked that i never smoked angel dust.  call me crazy.

tarkil

I'll just say "lolz @ NoMoreSugar"

And actually lolz @  all the 18 years old thinking they know everything about life...

And before you say anything, no I'm not interested at all to learn all you did in your past 18 years which make you such an exception...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

lostpilot

I'll have to agree with tarkil. Don't think that being 18 makes you know a lot of life. And please do not call yourself a drug hound, unless you're 30, a crack whore without a place to live, no relatives, robbing people to get your fix. If you're just an occasional drug user (say, up to four times of getting high per week or something), you're still a regular person, not really a drug hound.

have you tried heroin? - no - not a drug hound
have you tried anything intravenous - no - not a drug hound
I could go on and on.

And seriously, man, my parents are 45 years old both, and they occasionally tell me how they do not understand half of the shit that is going on in "LIFE". so please, don't feel like you know everything, experienced everything etc. Just saying.

No More Sugar

Quote from: lostpilot on Dec 10, 2009, 12:40 PM
I'll have to agree with tarkil. Don't think that being 18 makes you know a lot of life. And please do not call yourself a drug hound, unless you're 30, a crack whore without a place to live, no relatives, robbing people to get your fix. If you're just an occasional drug user (say, up to four times of getting high per week or something), you're still a regular person, not really a drug hound.

have you tried heroin? - no - not a drug hound
have you tried anything intravenous - no - not a drug hound
I could go on and on.

And seriously, man, my parents are 45 years old both, and they occasionally tell me how they do not understand half of the shit that is going on in "LIFE". so please, don't feel like you know everything, experienced everything etc. Just saying.

(FYI, I've done heroin many times...and the other shit you listed off about being a drug hound, I've been there too...so it shows how much you know about me.)

No More Sugar

It's so amazing how all of you suddenly know everything about my life, and believe that I think I know even a sliver about life being 18.

alvarezbassist17

dude you're the one who spouted off a bunch of bullshit to fireal when i thought and i'm pretty sure he thought he was agreeing with you.  And contrary to what you might believe, the more different drugs someone has done doesn't really make them more credible, it's pretty much the opposite.

No More Sugar

yeah yeah my bad to fireal i did realize that afterwards, it was just the way he said it, thats all.

and as for you,  what are you talking about? i never mentioned anything remotely close to that. lostpilot said that i've never done heroin or any drug intravenously, which is false because I have done coke and heroin intravenously. he also mentioned that I've never been homeless(also false), and that i've never robbed people to get my fix(which is also false)

alvarezbassist17

you're just coming off like kind of an attention whore with the whole cliché "i've had a hard life and i've done every drug under the sun and i wouldn't trade a single trip for an actual, contructive life experience."  i'd say 99% of the time one thinks they actually learn something when they're on drugs, it's really just rearranging knowledge they already had in their brain.  like someone speaking to you in a dream.  one day you may realize this, but until then, have fun thinking you learned more by eating a bag of shrooms or a tab of 'cid than you did in a year of school.

Fireal1222

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Dec 10, 2009, 11:05 PM
you're just coming off like kind of an attention whore with the whole cliché "i've had a hard life and i've done every drug under the sun and i wouldn't trade a single trip for an actual, contructive life experience."  i'd say 99% of the time one thinks they actually learn something when they're on drugs, it's really just rearranging knowledge they already had in their brain.  like someone speaking to you in a dream.  one day you may realize this, but until then, have fun thinking you learned more by eating a bag of shrooms or a tab of 'cid than you did in a year of school.

well put

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

sing blue silver

Quote from: No More Sugar on Dec 08, 2009, 10:40 PM
if you ever do DXM trips, try not to do it a whole lot cause it definitely fucks your thought process up from long term use.(take me as a perfect example.) i feel like i may be developing schizotypal behavior now-a-days as a result of my extended drug use in general.

nice elliott smith avatar. anyway i quit using any drugs besides pot and alcohol about 3 years ago. i did a LOT of acid and mushrooms and then went on a cocaine binge. psychadellics will fuck with your head after a while. i thought i was in the clear but it caused me a lot of issues for a while. experimentation is all well and good but nobody should be going overboard on it. acid is not an everyday drug. it's all about moderation people.

No More Sugar

you're just coming off like kind of an attention whore with the whole cliché "i've had a hard life and i've done every drug under the sun and i wouldn't trade a single trip for an actual, contructive life experience."  i'd say 99% of the time one thinks they actually learn something when they're on drugs, it's really just rearranging knowledge they already had in their brain.  like someone speaking to you in a dream.  one day you may realize this, but until then, have fun thinking you learned more by eating a bag of shrooms or a tab of 'cid than you did in a year of school.

Lol well i've been learning that you guys don't take too kindly to sharing life experiences, so I won't be speaking about mine anymore. I'm not trying to be an attention whore...The latter of that paragraph you're probably right about, it's just that i didn't really care about it while i was in school so...i can't really say I care too much about it now. Guess that makes me stupid, blind, whatever you may think about me. It's not that I care, truly. (didn't mean to pun)

Fireal1222

Quote from: sing blue silver on Dec 10, 2009, 11:31 PM
it's all about moderation people.

that really is the key.. when you begin to let something take control of you. or when you are doing it non consciously, it becomes a very  bad thing.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

No More Sugar

Something I've always been interested in(and be my major in college one day) is Philosophy. Drugs like DXM and Acid helped me expand on my philosophical thoughts, things normal people wouldn't find important. I probably would have never gained that interest had I never began doing harder drugs...and now that I have nearly ceased my use of drugs besides Pot and Alcohol(and the occasional DXM now...like every few months i'll do it once. it blows me away, and almost always It helps me to figure out answers to problems that are constantly plaguing me when I'm sober.) I feel like I'm regaining my grasp on the world slowly, and I don't feel like I'm so far apart from everyone or anything anymore.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: No More Sugar on Dec 10, 2009, 11:51 PM

Lol well i've been learning that you guys don't take too kindly to sharing life experiences, so I won't be speaking about mine anymore. I'm not trying to be an attention whore...The latter of that paragraph you're probably right about, it's just that i didn't really care about it while i was in school so...i can't really say I care too much about it now. Guess that makes me stupid, blind, whatever you may think about me. It's not that I care, truly. (didn't mean to pun)

i have no problem with you sharing life experiences, that's not what i was saying.  i didn't have a problem with anything you said until that bs diatribe, just came off like you were saying you were smarter than the other people who abstained because you acted in the name of some addict behavior under the guise of personal expansion.

No More Sugar

never meant it like that at all

_Fireal_

I think more commonly it's "I'm so fucking high, I think I just made an amazing discovery."

I mean, really, name five monumental things you realized while on drugs, solely because of the drugs.  What life problems have been solved by taking a trip?

I'm not saying that in the entire history of altered consciousness actual valuable discoveries haven't been made, but I think many people just use it as an excuse.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 03, 2009, 10:06 AM
your a much better fireal than i am

" 

one weak

No More Sugar

no actual life problems have been solved, that's true. it's just mental puzzles. like things that were bothering me at that point in time, and i figured out how to get past them...idk it's more so that i just felt like i was advancing because i was learning how to let people go, which may be the cause of why i tend to refuse human contact, these days.

but yeah i realized that last night, that as i was doing all the drugs, that none of my actual problems(the reasons why i was taking drugs in the first place ie: fucking up in school leading to father kicking me out every week) were not actually going away, but compounding and beginning to stink...(if you get that)