Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Limp Bizkit (lolz)

Started by infinitelateralus, Dec 05, 2009, 08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

infinitelateralus

Had to bring this thread back.  New album entitled Gold Cobra due early 2010.  don't know about anyone else but i'm excited for this release.  never really listen to LB anymore but they'll always have a special place with me due to my teen years.  still put on a tremendous live show.  interested to see how the new stuff sounds.

theis

defskull

No More Sugar

nu metal strikes back!
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

infinitelateralus

clip from new song.  fred recording vocals over it.  sounds like starfish era bizkit.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Starz

Sounds fucking shit.

defskull

It definitely sounds like Starfish.  It's too bad he's gone back to being annoying like that.  The music sounds pretty good (once again).

White Wrist

wes borland was in the right place with BLB...

tarkil

Quote from: defskull on Dec 29, 2009, 11:51 PM
It's too bad he's gone back to being annoying like that.

My thoughts exactly... Not that it comes as a surprise I may add, but hey, at least, we can keep laughing at him like that...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

infinitelateralus

what did you expect him to sound like?  they were most succesful when they went with that type of sound and thats his signature vocal style, like it or not.  it only makes sense.  it gets the people that loved them excited and the people that hate them talking about it.  it works perfectly.  if they released an album that was completely different then people might like it but it wouldn't be as succesful.  kind of like they did with part 1.  a lot of people in the "underground" seemed to like that album but it wasn't a success.  this more than likely will blow up.

Deft_16_Ones

Their first CD was great after that they turned into complete shit and that video proves it.

tarkil

Quote from: infinitelateralus on Dec 30, 2009, 01:40 AM
kind of like they did with part 1.  a lot of people in the "underground" seemed to like that album but it wasn't a success.  this more than likely will blow up.

Indeed, in Part 1, he was sounding better, and music was better... I actually bought and enjoyed this album. And I don't fucking care it being a success or not, point is that aiming at success as a definitive goal is what turns most of actual music into shit... Sorry for you if that's a criteria of liking or not a band.
I'm not saying that everything "underground" (as you state it) is great, and all sell out bands are shitty (even though I would tend to think like that), but using this kind of criteria as a "like / no like" band is completely irrelevant and stupid

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

defskull

Considering that it sounds like Starfish has simply become more of a relic from early 2000s, I don't think emulating the same sound will bring the crowds.  The last thing the public at large enjoyed from Limp Bizkit was their cover of Behind Blue Eyes.  Just trying to recreate what they did literally a decade ago wont work.  That's like Justin Timberlake deciding to have his new album be  a boy band album.  People just aren't into it anymore.  If they want to be mainstream and have the masses enjoy them, that's fine.  But if they want to do that they need to change their sound.

infinitelateralus

if they changed the sound, it wouldn't be limp bizkit.  this is exactly the type of stuff they should do.  plus this is only a 50 second clip of one song.  you never know what it's going to sound like really until the album drops.  tarkil, that's not the criteria i use.  i like all types of music.  mainstream and underground.  i hate how some people will say the most horrible underground band is better than the best mainstream band just so they appear to have more musical credibility.  not saying you're that way, just saying.  i'm just saying if they want to have a succesful comeback, this is the style they should do.

Caín

sounds bad. wish they'd continue the path of the unquestionable truth part I. the one and only great limp bizkit album. everything else was just downright bad.

defTHE1s

First album is their best IMO, Significant Other is pretty good, next albums leave a lot to desire... (well, i haven't listened to UT Pt1)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

McKoz

hope Gold Cobra will bring that beat back

theis

Quote from: infinitelateralus on Dec 29, 2009, 11:38 PM
clip from new song.  fred recording vocals over it.  sounds like starfish era bizkit.

Ugh...absolute garbage.

wither-I

Quote from: theis on Jan 07, 2010, 05:22 PM
Quote from: infinitelateralus on Dec 29, 2009, 11:38 PM
clip from new song.  fred recording vocals over it.  sounds like starfish era bizkit.

Ugh...absolute garbage.

yeah this is the worst thing ive ever heard. never listen to them and never check this thread until now seeing all the action. and what a mistake im sad now :(

"coming into the nearness of distance"

ben

A lot of people are trapped in a terrible time warp that I do not understand.  Seriously, I was listening to this music 12 years ago and already kind of hating it.