Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Limp Bizkit (lolz)

Started by infinitelateralus, Dec 05, 2009, 06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Jun 27, 2011, 05:20 AM
I think it happened in the song get a life.

Yeah, the chorus in " Get a Life " is the only part I actually enjoy and see as good. Maybe " Walking Away " deserves some props as well but that's it.

iceache

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 27, 2011, 03:05 PM

Yeah, the chorus in " Get a Life " is the only part I actually enjoy and see as good. Maybe " Walking Away " deserves some props as well but that's it.

Get a life! Get a motherfucking life!
You don't wanna see what I can do, with a knife!
You don't wanna be my enemy I promise you!
If you do, motherfucker bring it on!

Yeah, such words of inspiration right there... lol...

Walking Away is pretty bad ass.

100Modem

Well ive heard the extra tracks... not so good like the rest of the album. And of course there was a "hip hop song" there ugh... Middle Finger. It starts good but then.. ughh

I really like Gold Cobra at this point even with Freds childish lyrics. If i must pick a track i would say Walking Away or Gold Cobra.
I liked when i saw them at Portugal in 2010 Fred said "We are not like the other bands that change". Well i think you forgot Results May Vary..? Still i thought immediately of Linkin Park and how shitty they turned out to be, i mean, Linkin Park was one of my first bands i followed for years, the first one i really become a hardcore fan and got me into metal later, but now... oh my... how pop and shitty they can be?

Imagine if Deftones suddenly turned pop, and with that i mean no guitars or drums, just songs that sound like 80's pop music with beats.

nonesuch

this album is horrible and all of you that like and are defending it are horrible as well
i drink your milkshake

ALightOn

Vesanic

Quote from: iceache on Jun 27, 2011, 04:39 PM

Did I say the chorus was a brilliant example of untouchable lyricism ? No. I said the chorus is good, it doesn't mean the lyrics are badass, the whole thing together is cool.

Another example of non-inspirational words that still made a cool song:

Suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck suck
They fuck with me head
You pig

Sounds familiar ?

black coffee

This album is fun! I nearly pissed myself the first time I heard the interlude between Loser and Autotunage. Or what about the chorus of douche bag, simply ridiculous.
A couple of good songs on this album, and Wes bringing in some nice riffs.

It's like you can hear how much fun they had playing these songs.

iceache

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 28, 2011, 02:48 PM

Did I say the chorus was a brilliant example of untouchable lyricism ? No. I said the chorus is good, it doesn't mean the lyrics are badass, the whole thing together is cool.

They fuck with me head
You pig

Sounds familiar ?

LoL, no need to get all defensive and touchy about it.

100Modem

Quote from: nonesuch on Jun 28, 2011, 12:37 AM
this album is horrible and all of you that like and are defending it are horrible as well

Still better then tones ST :)

Vesanic

Quote from: 100Modem on Jun 28, 2011, 05:37 PM

You deserve to die.

nineteen

Album grooves. Good riffs. Great soundscapes. Funny lyrics.

decapod

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 28, 2011, 06:01 PM

You deserve to die.

Hahahahaha

Oldnewtype

I might like Gold Cobra but this is just blasphemy.

Wookubus did a review on theprp and i think he describes it best...

Quote from: WookubusAmid years of silence, cancelled tours and numerous delays; few expected Limp Bizkit's "Gold Cobra" to ever actually see a release and yet here it stands. The poster boys of the nu-metal movement return with an album equivalent to that of a summer blockbuster popcorn movie – that is to say big budget explosions and little in the way of plot.

Surprisingly enough there is a palpable fun factor, even to those who endured the genre's heyday, when listening to the instrumental portions of this outing. An anthemic, if not excessively sophomoric, mixture of the commercial gloss of "Significant Other" and the fierce riffage of "Three Dollar Bill, Yall$"; "Gold Cobra" is undoubtedly Limp Bizkit to its core.

Guitarist Wes Borland's ever creative squelches and crunchy fret board dives balance aggression and effect laden inventiveness in a way rarely seen outside of the likes of Tom Morello. All while the accompanying rhythm section mines obnoxious hip-hop breaks, upbeat grooves and even goes so far as to dabble in a slinky jazz-like foray.

Understandably many are quick to rightfully proclaim Borland – what with his outlandish costumes, dizzying tones and guitar heroics as the groups greatest asset. But there is also much to be said about the talent shown by drummer John Otto and bassist Sam Rivers. For it is their clever interplay and funky foundations that repeatedly enable Borland to attain the heights he does without sacrificing momentum.

The sonic accompaniment of DJ Lethal on the other hand is seemingly focused on programming manifested through ambient inflections and bass drops. This of course leads us to the bands proverbial lightning rod – Fred Durst. Inarguably the groups weakest link with his snotty raps and seemingly incurable napoleon complex, his larger than life presence steals the spotlight for better, or is more often the case, worse.

Rife with lyrics of retaliation, bravado, confrontation, partying and of course haters; his dialogue is certainly canon for Limp Bizkit. But one would have hoped that a man now in his 40′s would be a touch more reflective. Or at least take a page from the Beastie Boys and leave behind the cartoonized attempts at white-washed gangsta rap thuggery.

If anything though it is when he steps out of his element, such as on the alt rock ballad "Loser" or the attempted club anthem "Autotunage", that he falls flat the hardest. And yet there's no denying the entertainment value of his presence and his dedication to playing up his role as the mouthpiece of the group.

Sure his shortcomings, cheesy raps and lack of depth are painfully apparent. Especially in the numerous boneheaded choruses (see "Douchebag", "Gold Cobra",etc.) which rely on repetition to fill out a pattern rather than showcase any mental acuity. But then once again, this is Limp Bizkit, a band who put goofy entertainment and scream-along expressionism ahead of meaningful substance and in this they readily succeed.

All the clever grooves, abrasive crunch and hooky melodies in the world would have a hard time escaping the shadow of Durst's unintentional comedy and incessant posturing. Truly Durst has always been a more adept showman than lyricist/vocalist and this will likely never change. In turn "Gold Cobra" is exactly what one would expect; mindless entertainment full of aural bombast and violent pretense that is beloved by many and perhaps hated by even more.
2 / 5

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: iceache on Jun 28, 2011, 03:40 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 28, 2011, 02:48 PM

They fuck with me head
You pig

Sounds familiar ?

LoL, no need to get all defensive and touchy about it.

he was not being defensive, he just wanted to proove you a point (which he fucking did)

and yeah, that limp bizkit lyric suck, we'll agree on that for sure.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 27, 2011, 03:05 PM

Walking Away is pretty bad ass.

Because Walking Away is the best and only good song on the CD LOL The rest is expendable

100Modem

Durst wants tour with Korn and Deftones
Limp Bizkit's Fred misses nu-metal genre vibe – and says sorry for misleading fans over release date for "comeback" album

Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst says he'd love to recapture the nu-metal genre spirit by touring with fellow proponents Korn and Deftones.

And he's apologised for repeatedly misleading fans by announcing release dates for new album Gold Cobra which turned out to be wrong.

Durst tells Billboard.com: "I miss the whole genre – rap-rock, nu-metal or rapcore, whatever we were called. There was a time there when you had Bizkit, Deftones and Korn. There was something really special about those times.

"I feel like if we all got back together and did something, went on the road together, it could be really big."

Gold Cobra is finally released next week after the band reunited with guitarist Wes Borland in 2009. The album has been subject to a number of delays, of which Durst admits: "It's hard not to hear the group of loud voices talking shit because we didn't deliver when we said we would.

"It seems to be that any time I announce some sort of date, it's always wrong. They should know that by now – but my intentions are always pure and sincere.

"But we felt that it's been so long making the album that taking a little bit more time to get it right wasn't so bad."

Durst insists Gold Cobra represents "not a reunion, but a comeback. The epiphany was, we've got to own who we are and stay true to who we are.

"We're a rap-rock band. We individually like different things and none of us listen to rap-rock – but when we get together in a band room, that's what we make.

"There's no reason to search and find a newer Limp Bizkit, or find an evolved style to fit the radio format. We don't have to prove anything. We just have to own it."

http://rocknewsdesk.com/world-news/durst-wants-tour-with-korn-and-deftones/2352/

If they come all to Portugal... then ill be there for sure. Already seen Deftones and Limp Bizkit live last year, and i couldn't ask for more.

Oldnewtype

I would go see those three together, didn't get to back in their heyday.

TheSeeker1080

Quote from: 100Modem on Jun 30, 2011, 07:36 PM
Durst wants tour with Korn and Deftones
Limp Bizkit's Fred misses nu-metal genre vibe – and says sorry for misleading fans over release date for "comeback" album

Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst says he'd love to recapture the nu-metal genre spirit by touring with fellow proponents Korn and Deftones.

And he's apologised for repeatedly misleading fans by announcing release dates for new album Gold Cobra which turned out to be wrong.

Durst tells Billboard.com: "I miss the whole genre – rap-rock, nu-metal or rapcore, whatever we were called. There was a time there when you had Bizkit, Deftones and Korn. There was something really special about those times.

"I feel like if we all got back together and did something, went on the road together, it could be really big."

Gold Cobra is finally released next week after the band reunited with guitarist Wes Borland in 2009. The album has been subject to a number of delays, of which Durst admits: "It's hard not to hear the group of loud voices talking shit because we didn't deliver when we said we would.

"It seems to be that any time I announce some sort of date, it's always wrong. They should know that by now – but my intentions are always pure and sincere.

"But we felt that it's been so long making the album that taking a little bit more time to get it right wasn't so bad."

Durst insists Gold Cobra represents "not a reunion, but a comeback. The epiphany was, we've got to own who we are and stay true to who we are.

"We're a rap-rock band. We individually like different things and none of us listen to rap-rock – but when we get together in a band room, that's what we make.

"There's no reason to search and find a newer Limp Bizkit, or find an evolved style to fit the radio format. We don't have to prove anything. We just have to own it."

http://rocknewsdesk.com/world-news/durst-wants-tour-with-korn-and-deftones/2352/

If they come all to Portugal... then ill be there for sure. Already seen Deftones and Limp Bizkit live last year, and i couldn't ask for more.

That would be awesome. I really like nu metal. Hahaha, and the people who make fun of nu metal or who hate it just make me like it even more. I really liked Limp Bizkit.....when I was like 12.. Looking back I think they were shit. And they didn't form the band until '95 (hey same year as Slipknot :P). Deftones and Korn were already established by then and LB just wanted to hop on the band wagon of nu metal's popularity. That's how I feel, also while I think Wes is an awesome guitarist, Fred is a douchebag and a terrible frontman for an otherwise good band.

nineteen

I remember seeing Limp Bizkit supporting Soulfly back in 98 or something and although it was eventually called Nu-Metal, it was something different and exciting before it got coined that genre.... most of those bands -  Korn, Soulfly, LB, Spineshank, Coal Chamber, Tura Satana, Taproot, Pitchshifter, Papa Roach, Skinlab, (Hed) pe, One Minute Silence etc were cool for people at that time.

It gave everyone a taste of a more modern metal sound.

TheSeeker1080

Yeah that is weird because I remember at the time I listened to Limp Bizkit, Korn, and first started listening to Deftones and other similar bands nobody called it nu metal. And tbh I have never even heard the term nu metal until very recently.