Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Limp Bizkit (lolz)

Started by infinitelateralus, Dec 05, 2009, 06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

Quote from: defskull on Jul 05, 2011, 09:54 PM
Limp Bizkit's new album creates a feeling of nostalgia as well. It's new material but it takes you back.

yeah but the difference is that when deftones gives us nostalgia like 7 words is when they play old music they made in the 90's. when lb today in the year 2011makes new music that sounds like old music from the 90s it's something else.

when deftones sounds old is when they play music that was made long ago, then it's nostalgia, but when lb today makes music they come off as a one trick pony that has not developed one thing. while deftones develop and mature, with each album. if you like it or not or what you like to listen to is another thing but it's pretty easy to throw shit at a band who are still at square one

Vesanic

Gotta admit I hate the speech they're using now. Like " Yeah we're a rap/rock band, we don't need to go further than this ". Of course they do. A band needs to evolve, that's how you keep credibility.

theis

Kinda sad that this is the most active thread in the music discussion section.

:(

from_musings

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 06, 2011, 03:21 PM
Gotta admit I hate the speech they're using now. Like " Yeah we're a rap/rock band, we don't need to go further than this ". Of course they do. A band needs to evolve, that's how you keep credibility.

limp bizkit should try to envolve a little bit without changing it completely. but we have bands like slayer. don't listen to them but they get credibility just because they stick to their guns and do the same thing over and over. so some bands get respect just because you know where you have them. i assume that the difference is that lb writes pretty childish music and should mature when the members are getting older

Oldnewtype

Fred Durst solo track.

http://soundcloud.com/polarbear-fd/hour-alone-demo

its actually better than most of the stuff on gold cobra, lyric-and-vocal wise at least. The music is pretty simple.

BillyNo.9

Those vocals sound like Wes Borland

Black Light Burns - Coward

ablackswan

Fred Durst - I Melt With You

i just remember this videoclip :D ;D
*Tous ensemble pour leur foutre au cul*

Quote from: VesanicJustin Bieber sounds like Adrenaline

from_musings

telephone face 9/10

freiwald

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jul 08, 2011, 07:01 PM
Fred Durst solo track.

http://soundcloud.com/polarbear-fd/hour-alone-demo

its actually better than most of the stuff on gold cobra, lyric-and-vocal wise at least. The music is pretty simple.

i like it very much. perfectly fits my mood these days.

nineteen

At the end of the day, it's their band so they can create whatever they want to. Admittedly, it might not be good for some fans and their longevity but after seeing them at Sonisphere, it all works.

They certainly have their own sound and what I mean by that is that you can tell straight away that it's them.

100Modem

You ain't hard
You think U is
U just mad cuz i speak like this

Oh lolololol

------

Btw, Black Light Burns is actually pretty good. I think Wes did a cool work there, both guitar and vocals. And songs like New Hunger and I Am Where It Takes Me are amazing to listen to.

Oldnewtype

Black Light Burns was aight but bigdumbface was the best thing he ever did.

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

sing blue silver

i think that girl might have some sort of palsy...

... i'd still fuck her though.

Balthazard

This girl really need to chill..

I think LB just do what they are known for cause when they tried something different , unquestionable truth pt 1,  it was well received which sucks cause despite sounding rage against the machine-like.. i thought it was a pretty good album , anyway to bad they dont play any of these live

rock_n_frost

this video is more sensable than beauty school
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Inkblades

They should boot Fred out of the band, change their name and let Wes take over vocals.

E-Money

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 21, 2011, 07:20 PM
They should boot Fred out of the band, change their name and let Wes take over vocals.

BillyNo.9

Would Wes rap or sing like he does in BDF and BLB?