Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Limp Bizkit (lolz)

Started by infinitelateralus, Dec 05, 2009, 08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldnewtype

I know its cool to hate limp bizkit, i was never really a big fan myself but the weirdest thing....I actually really, really enjoy gold cobra. its definitely my new guilty pleasure cd. yeah fred durst is retarted as hell but it makes me laugh and the music i actually truly enjoy. I don't know wtf is wrong with me but i definitely like this album. I think its mostly the rhythm section with wes' riffs, maybe its just nostalgia i dont know but it sounds great and i love it.

defskull

Well it's possibly because the people playing instruments are actually really talented. They have just found themselves stuck making predictable music. So even when a new Limp Bizkit cd comes out that no one wants to listen to, they still make it sound decent.

decapod

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jun 25, 2011, 07:49 AM
I know its cool to hate limp bizkit, i was never really a big fan myself but the weirdest thing....I actually really, really enjoy gold cobra. its definitely my new guilty pleasure cd. yeah fred durst is retarted as hell but it makes me laugh and the music i actually truly enjoy. I don't know wtf is wrong with me but i definitely like this album. I think its mostly the rhythm section with wes' riffs, maybe its just nostalgia i dont know but it sounds great and i love it.

The music is def bad ass but then Fred Durst starts rapping and I just can't do it. I love Wes' guitar riffs. Dude is creative as hell.

dawg

from_musings

Vesanic

It's Significant Other all over again. I wish the Limp Bizkit that came up with 3 Dollar Bill Y'all and The Unquestionable Truth [Part 1] appeared again...

nineteen

Fred Durst's lyrics are funny!

Why they cause people to overreact and stick their fists up their arse with extreme cynicism is beyond me.

from_musings

Quote from: nineteen on Jun 25, 2011, 04:57 PM
Fred Durst's lyrics are funny!

"you're a douchebag,a DOUCHEBAG...and im gonna fuck you up, fuck you up,fuck you up, you... you..  DOUCHEBAG!"

he's not painting weird abstract shit for others to interpret like chino, that's for sure.he's pretty right on about things.none of the two really have anything to say but at least he's not trying to hide it, maybe that's refreshing ^

wheresmysnare

People bash durst for his lyrics because they are on par with an angry vannilla ice, he blurts out rap rock cliche after rap rock cliche, almost a parody of himself. I thought all the time off the road might have matured him, seems he's still letting the side down and assuring the sad fact that limp bizkit will never have any credibility.

Like someone said, chino doesnt often have a lot to say but he writes lyrics in an arftul way and paints pictures with imagery, his unfluences are clear with the cure and the smiths and all the rest. Durst just talks inane shit and comes across like a tragic wannabee bad ass.

Still the rest of the band seem to have come up with some decent material.

luisch

Bonus Track Gold Cobra

Tracklist:

14 – Back Porch*
15 – My Own Cobain*
16 – Angels*
17 – Middle Finger (Ft. Paul Wall)*
19 – Living in Los Angeles*

http://www.mediafire.com/?jjmzm24bdxy6jk9

no 18-Combat Jazz yet
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

dawg

anyone got some intelligent and serious questions to ask the band for an interview?

Vesanic

Yes, I would like to know why they don't play songs from " The Unquestionable Truth [Part 1] ". Actually, I would like to know what they really think about this album, but mostly why they don't try the songs out live. They played " The Truth " only twice and I think it's a shame, all these tracks (except " The Key ") are hella good and would destroy a fucking stage.

dawg

awesome! thanks V!
I honestly always forget about that record! No idea why ???

keep the questions coming the interview is tomorrow!!! :)

Vesanic

'Cause it's their least popular record due to poor propaganda and publicity, I guess ?

Anyway, it's the only good question I have. They should play more stuff from " 3 Dollar Bill Y'all " as well but I guess it's like saying to the 'Tones that they should play more stuff from " Adrenaline ", so..

dawg

right! I think The Unquestionable Truth part 1 is like Deftones Self Titled and SNW when it comes to playing it live! It simply wasn't a good time for LB

and asking bands to play more old songs is a smack in the face for any band!

Vesanic

Quote from: dawg on Jun 26, 2011, 06:39 PM
and asking bands to play more old songs is a smack in the face for any band!

Yup.

raynor

It's funny. People are like "oh gawd this suckz lol". Why is that a surprise to you all? It's Limp Bizkit. They play nu-metal. It's like people expected that they all of a sudden would change their style. There are still heaps of people out there that will dig this, I'm not one of them, but I guess it's great that they keep on making music. To be honest I can think of lots of bands I think are way worse than Limp Bizkit.

Kinda like posting the new Justin Bieber album, people eagerly download it and check it out, get chocked and frustrated to find out he's still making buttery pop songs for 12 year olds.

vinsanity

Limp Bizkit - Shotgun live debut Mannheim 25.06.2011

I think they're new stuff works well live, and holy shit, Fred plays guitar!!

I kinda like the new album also, is strickly an album for the fans, people who hated LB before Gold Cobra, will still hate after listening to it.
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

spitfire

Quote from: vinsanity on Jun 27, 2011, 01:19 AM
Limp Bizkit - Shotgun live debut Mannheim 25.06.2011

I think they're new stuff works well live, and holy shit, Fred plays guitar!!

I kinda like the new album also, is strickly an album for the fans, people who hated LB before Gold Cobra, will still hate after listening to it.
they got a ninja on stage with white sneakers, thats a fail right there.

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: Vesanic on Jun 25, 2011, 04:29 PM
It's Significant Other all over again. I wish the Limp Bizkit that came up with 3 Dollar Bill Y'all and The Unquestionable Truth [Part 1] appeared again...

I think it happened in the song get a life.

by the way I think all of these "like the good times" is quite an unsincere movement. Yeah, we all enjoy this fun, nostalgic stuff. But it can't be right to pretend being the same person you were mentally and artistically 15/12/10 years ago.