Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Limp Bizkit (lolz)

Started by infinitelateralus, Dec 05, 2009, 08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooniletugo

Exactly pinkmaggit. People think they're smart making fun of LB when the band already do that themselves. It's all about letting your guard down and just having a good time, not caring what people think of you for it. I can attest to Fred not being a moron, at least not anymore, he was a class act when I met him a couple of years ago and he seems so down to earth and friendly nowadays. I think he always has been, to be honest, but hey, he'll always be labelled an asshole, and he's cool with that, so I don't care so much. I used to like LB casually when I was younger but they only made me a bigger fan in recent years. Now i 'get' it, and they can still make me happier than any other band when they take to the stage. Seen them live twice now and they've been incredible experiences both times.

Gold Cobra's most like Chocolate Starfish with a lot of fun party tracks, and a few mellower tunes like Loser and Walking Away. It's not too different from their older material, but that was what they aimed for on this one. According to Wes Borland the new album will be more like GC's opening track, Bring It Back.

Katamarans

''Bring It Back'' is actually such a hook. For me it was a surprise when i first listened to album. The rest of that album doesn't live up to that opening track, at least for me...

''Killer in You'' would be nice track too, but chorus is a let down..
We Kill Our Artists By Scheme:
Work - Consume - Die
Work - Don't Care - Die

Vesanic

I love the chorus of Get A Life. I mean it's stupid and simple but it smashes haha, can only headbang to that.

I really hope The Unquestionable Truth [Part 2] lives up to Part 1.

snw9

Despite all the hatred this band gets, they still draw out huge crowds to their concerts...
Gold Cobra sort of let me down, its not as heavy and lost its flow compared to Chocolate Starfish.

I am also looking forward to the Unquestionable truth part 2, I hope its heavy and Wes does what he did on the last album. If I remember correctly, he already laid down the riffs for some of the track during the Part 1 sessions so some of the original stuff may still remain.
Code: [Select]

Vesanic

Quote from: juvenile on Jan 25, 2012, 03:30 PM
Despite all the hatred this band gets, they still draw out huge crowds to their concerts...

That's not really an argument, look at Bieber.

I am also looking forward to the Unquestionable truth part 2, I hope its heavy and Wes does what he did on the last album. If I remember correctly, he already laid down the riffs for some of the track during the Part 1 sessions so some of the original stuff may still remain.

Correct. This is a riff that he played at some session in England if I'm correct (video exists but in very bad quality) and this guy covered it.

Wes Borland TUTP2 Riff

This song is also off the TUTP1 sessions but didn't make the cut.

Limp Bizkit - Rib

Not that awesome but it's just a demo and I think it had a lot of potential.

So yeah, hopefully they'll get back to that dark, mature sound. On the other hand, I know they were going through some troubles when they wrote TUTP1, I guess that helped them in that direction. I mean, you don't necessarily have to feel bad to make some dark music, but it definitely helps. So since they're doing good right now, I'm not sure it'll be as dark.

Also, I think Sammy Siegler did an awesome job on TUTP1 drums... Simple and heavy, straight up effective. When they played The Truth live with John instead, it fucking sucked, he ruined the beat, I think. But John played on The Channel, right ? And yeah, it was still awesome. I don't say they should hire Sammy again but I just hope John will be as good as Sammy.

snw9

Quote from: Vesanic on Jan 25, 2012, 03:47 PM

That's not really an argument, look at Bieber.

Correct. This is a riff that he played at some session in England if I'm correct (video exists but in very bad quality) and this guy covered it.

Wes Borland TUTP2 Riff

This song is also off the TUTP1 sessions but didn't make the cut.

Limp Bizkit - Rib

Not that awesome but it's just a demo and I think it had a lot of potential.

So yeah, hopefully they'll get back to that dark, mature sound. On the other hand, I know they were going through some troubles when they wrote TUTP1, I guess that helped them in that direction. I mean, you don't necessarily have to feel bad to make some dark music, but it definitely helps. So since they're doing good right now, I'm not sure it'll be as dark.

Also, I think Sammy Siegler did an awesome job on TUTP1 drums... Simple and heavy, straight up effective. When they played The Truth live with John instead, it fucking sucked, he ruined the beat, I think. But John played on The Channel, right ? And yeah, it was still awesome. I don't say they should hire Sammy again but I just hope John will be as good as Sammy.

John is pretty good for what he does for limp bizkit, it fits they're style. He did play drums on the one track, The Channel and not the rest because of his drug problems and his fall out with Wes. There's a video on the enchanced version of the cd (I think all the cds have the video and the animosity is documented in there). According to Wes, they went through 3 albums worth of material to get to the Unquestionable Truth part 1; till Fred was content with the material specifically, good choice btw. It was mentioned in some interview.

Deftones-argentina

Wow, what a crazy world. An ex-GlassJAw member played on a LB record.

snw9

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Jan 28, 2012, 07:57 PM
Wow, what a crazy world. An ex-GlassJAw member played on a LB record.

All thanks to Ross Robinson

Deftones-argentina

Thinking about it twice, maybe it's ever crazier that an ex Godsmack played on a GlassJAw record.