Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Blur Thread

Started by No More Sugar, Dec 06, 2009, 01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No More Sugar

Cool band. I can't really say I dig the britpop sound, but I like these guys. S/t, 13, and Think Tank are great albums.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

Jizzlobber

gawd i had a blur cd in my cd wallet, i listened to it on a few journeys but "parklife" got on my nerves...actually on a whole the whole cd did, but that happens so often with me anyway, i listen to everything and anything once, or twice..

i prefer oasis if ur talking brit pop/rock...

i dunno if Kula Shaker would be in that league? remember those guys?
<

No More Sugar

yeah i do remember kula shaker, but idk if they're in that league either.

i'm more interested in the sounds on their later albums rather than their first few (leisure etc.) Idk i'm just not into that.

The stuff on 13 is just amazing. Lots of technology layered over the music.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

defTHE1s

yeah, nice band. haven't hear much from them, but what i've heard is pretty good. girls and boys, parklife, beetlebum (or something like that), great songs

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

raynor

anyone seen the documentary? strongly recommend it, even if you didn't like blur before, you'll most likely give them another go it.

love this band, they're kinda reuniting again to make a song to be released for indie-record stores in UK or something.

ToneDef

Yeah, they're re-uniting.

No Distance Left To Run.. One of the best breakup songs ever. It's about Damon's breakup with Justine from Elastica. Really, really sad.

Caín

Blur is one of the most underrated bands of the last decade (and coxon as a guitarist in particular). blur and 13 are among the greatest records ever made and i highly recommend them to anyone. 13 is up there with the great, great classics like ok computer, sgt. pepper and dark side of the moon.

listen to battle or the aforementioned no distance left to run. masters at their best.

Caín

Quote from: ToneDef on Apr 15, 2010, 09:46 PM

No Distance Left To Run.. One of the best breakup songs ever. It's about Damon's breakup with Justine from Elastica. Really, really sad.

they're not, actually. the reunion is over. it was a several dates and then we're done thing.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Caín on Apr 15, 2010, 10:26 PM
Blur is one of the most underrated bands of the last decade
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Deftones-argentina

I was to say that.
"I won't kill myself trying to stay with you..."

devilinside

I DL their discography a few weeks ago and have been listening to them a LOT. I think it's because I got in a Gorillaz kick,and it reminded me of how much I loved Blur.

ToneDef

They're kinda hit and miss, but their good songs are really, really good. They were absolutely MASSIVE here in the UK in the mid 90's. I remember them getting like 5 Brit awards in one night when I was a kid.

I read their bass player, Alex James', autobiography a couple years back. Great book. The guy is awesome. He took full advantage of that lifestyle man. He saw some fucking shit. I'd recommend it.

raynor

Quote from: Caín on Apr 15, 2010, 10:27 PM

they're not, actually. the reunion is over. it was a several dates and then we're done thing.
actually you're wrong, they're releasing a new song soon so...

Caín

Quote from: raynor on Apr 16, 2010, 07:39 AM
Quote from: Caín on Apr 15, 2010, 10:27 PM

actually you're wrong, they're releasing a new song soon so...

and that's it for them. no reunion anymore.