Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Coheed and Cambria

Started by sing blue silver, Dec 08, 2009, 04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

I'm digging Afterman but I really prefer the acoustic version. The vocals are lacking in the studio version. Also another new song found it's way to youtube somehow. Pretty low quality but you get it. It's a weird one.

Key Enitity Extraction II Holly Wood The Cracked

Livewire

Here's the artwork for each song from both Ascension and Descension:

http://island-fish.tumblr.com/post/32486093777/the-afterman-ascension-painting-works-by-nathan
http://island-fish.tumblr.com/post/32486934946/the-afterman-descension-painting-by-nathan

Also seems the tracklist for Descension has been revealed. You can see how they correspond to each painting.

1. Pretelethal
2. Key Entity Extraction V: Sentry the Defiant
3. The Hard Sell
4. Number City
5. Gravity's Union
6. Away We Go
7. Iron Fist
8. Dark Side of Me
9. 2's My Favorite 1

sing blue silver

Glad to see Iron Fist will be on part 2.

sing blue silver

The album has leaked. It comes out on Tuesday so I'm not going to listen to the leak but for anyone interested, it's out there.

sing blue silver

I avoided the leak and didn't listen to anything until getting my digital copy which arrived this morning. Giving it my first listen now. It's very short (even for the first half of a double album) but holy shit. This is easily one of their best albums already. Sure blows YOTBR and NWFT out of the water. Coheed is back on the top of their game. Josh brings back that classic Coheed and Cambria feel that was missing on the last two albums and Zach fits with his playing very well. It's nice to have a great rhythm section again. Not that Mic and Chris weren't great but, this band NEEDS Josh Eppard on drums or it's just not the same. Welcome back Coheed!

sing blue silver

Coheed and Cambria - Goodnight, Fair Lady

This shit is brilliant. Such a perfect Coheed song to me.

kurtone

I downloaded the low quality leak and listened once, already liked it better than NWFT and wayyyyyy the hell better than YOTBR, unfortunately i didnt order the special edition, but just bought it off itunes, cant wait to listen to it

sing blue silver

Well the album is officially out today. Go buy it or you're missing out. Deftones have their work cut out for them if they're gonna top this on my albums of the year list.

TheShade1989

Finally it's grown on me. I knew it would; first time I heard Domino The Destitute I wasnt impressed, yet it became replayed, so I knew it was only a matter of time before this grew on me. Holly Wood and Vic The Butcher are my favorites, along with Domino The Destitute.

Did anyone else catch the live stream yesterday?

sing blue silver

Yeah, It was fantastic. You can rewatch it at the site.

http://new.livestream.com/CoheedandCambria/WebsterHall

The look on Josh's face when they play Goodnight, Fair Lady makes the show for me. It's awesome seeing them this happy again when they're playing.

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

sing blue silver

How have I not posted this yet? It's another (now semi-standard) Coheed rock song but... goddamnit I love this one.

Coheed and Cambria - The Hard Sell [Lyric Video]

sing blue silver

Descension has leaked...

http://www.mediafire.com/?7zdvf1vldwvj80d

It's amazing, as expected.

sing blue silver

I'm begging people to give this album a chance. This is honestly one of the most emotionally powerful records I've heard in a long time. I don't get teary eyed or choked up easily but my god... This album does it to me. I'm blown away. I'm going through a breakup currently after 4 and a half years and this album really couldn't be more appropriate. I can not praise it enough. I loved Ascension but this is easily the better half of the Afterman album by a mile. Don't care if it makes me a pussy.
/rant

chuckles

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jan 16, 2013, 12:51 PM
I'm begging people to give this album a chance. This is honestly one of the most emotionally powerful records I've heard in a long time. I don't get teary eyed or choked up easily but my god... This album does it to me. I'm blown away. I'm going through a breakup currently after 4 and a half years and this album really couldn't be more appropriate. I can not praise it enough. I loved Ascension but this is easily the better half of the Afterman album by a mile. Don't care if it makes me a pussy.
/rant

Really good album!
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

black coffee

You're like the biggest Coheed&Cambria fan here sing blue silver, impossible not to notice that ;) Will listen to Descension soon, but as usual I'll wait for the scene release.

Thanks for the recommendations you gave in the best of 2012 topic, didn't know The Prize Fighter Inferno had something new out. But the best thing was Grimes. How come not more people know about her? I am addicted to her music ever since. Imagine you do shrooms at a party and her music is the soundtrack for the night, how awesome would that be.

bright lights, big city

alright, after that endorsement, i'm downloading this.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

I hope you all can enjoy it as much as me. The chorus to Number City is so goddamn groovy. Reminds me of The Police or Genesis. Brass section for the win.

kurtone

Forgot Descension was coming out soon, thanks for the upload!