Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Coheed and Cambria

Started by sing blue silver, Dec 08, 2009, 04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

Quote from: defskull on Feb 09, 2010, 05:43 AM
I like it.  My only complaint is I was hoping for more of a Pennie sound to be heard.  Instead it just sounds like Coheed drumming.  Which I guess is ideal, but for Pennie to give up DEP just to mimic someone else's style seems like a shame.

i find his style with coheed way different than josh eppards was. josh had a much looser kind of poppy style when chris has a very standard metal style i guess. personally i'll always prefer josh because i'm not a dillenger fan at all though i do enjoy chris. single seems a bit cock-rock but whatever. i'm diging it.

wither-I

i like it

the solo near the end reminds me of guns n roses november rain lol

"coming into the nearness of distance"

sing blue silver

upon listening to this song about 100 times i love it. can't wait.

wesf23

Livewire

Album artwork, personally I dig it.  Also appreciate the roman numeral 1.

And the unnecessarily large version, 2400 x 2400

Livewire

They posted the first official single from the album, Here We are Juggernaut, on their myspace.  I'm digging this track even more than The Broken.

sing blue silver

Deadradio

new single is supposed to be up on iTunes. Anyone get it yet?

Livewire

It's not from itunes, cause I'm not going to buy a song that is going to be on an album I'm going to buy anyway, but I ripped it from their website.  Better than the rip I did from their myspace.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/THE3c0x3YTJ6RThLSkE9PQ 

sing blue silver

sing blue silver

ben

as opposed to the album itself, which is an epic fail.

sing blue silver

personally i'm digging it. reinvention is always nice. repetition is boring. some parts are a bit jumbled sounding and it's obviously not their best album but i enjoy it for what it is.

bright lights, big city

i wouldn't call it an epic fail, especially after listening to it just once. but yeah, aside from a few solid songs, i am pretty disappointed. hopefully it gets better with age, as opposed to the new DEP which was awesome from the get-go (and also won't be booted from my stereo from this)
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

i'm on my fourth listen and it has a vibe you kind of have to sink into. much more prog going on here. its a bit less melody and pop driven but i'm really liking it, i know it'll grow on me like all their albums have. i can understand the flack its already getting because it's a departure and that always leaves fans feeling a bit alienated but its the kind of thing i like and pretty much exactly what i was expecting for a while now so i can't say i'm really disappointed. just one thing, the last song "the black rainbow" was the only major disappointment. the only song on the record over about 5 minutes and about 3 and a half of those minutes are repetative as fuck and then it just stops mid fucking note. there are no real long epic songs like the willing wells on this one but the progginess of guns of summer and world of lines combined with the prize fighter-esque awesomeness of far make up for it. the lyrics are lacking a bit in some points as i expected from hearing the broken and here we are juggernaut but the latter made up for that in sheer groove and melody. i'd say so far i'm giving this an 8 out of 10.

Deadradio

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed. Starts out strong, then goes downhill for me.  :-\

sing blue silver

after about 7 listens i love the whole thing except the very last song which is just kind of meh.

sing blue silver

listen to the whole album with QUALITY headphones in a dark room. incredible. personally this has grown on me to the point where i think it's some of their best work. far is one of the most incredible melodic songs they've written as is when skeletons live.

kurtone

i agree about it being some of their best work, it took a couple listens for it to grow on me, but im digging it way more than No World.