Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Weezer

Started by Vesanic, Dec 08, 2009, 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

I can't see the old one, so I think it's time to make another one.

Let's start by some bad news:

http://www.nme.com/news/weezer/48758

No More Sugar

aw. i love weezer and all, but the conceiving of ratitude was definitely the cause of this bus crash.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

theis

Fuck Weezer these days. They haven't made a decent album since Maladroit. More importantly, fuck Rivers Cuomo.

Collaborating with Lil Wayne, doing Rock Band commercials with Taylor Swift and writing songs for Katy Perry and Adam Lambert. Seriously. What the fuck. 

No More Sugar

Quote from: theis on Dec 09, 2009, 01:55 AM
Fuck Weezer these days. They haven't made a decent album since Maladroit. More importantly, fuck Rivers Cuomo.

Collaborating with Lil Wayne, doing Rock Band commercials with Taylor Swift and writing songs for Katy Perry and Adam Lambert. Seriously. What the fuck. 

ahhh dude when your famous you can only mingle with famouses
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

Fireal1222

Quote from: theis on Dec 09, 2009, 01:55 AM

you should really be ashamed of yourself, rivers was just in a bus crash that could have ended his life, and you talk down on him just because you arent happy with their last few albums.

your my friend, are an asshole.

with that said.

i agree with theis.. weezer really does suck balls anymore, and rivers sucks too ( just hope hes okay from the crash and all )
they were a good band up until maladroit, and even make believe wasnt bad. but anything after make believe is pure garbage

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

I should be ashamed because he was in a car crash? He didn't die and wasn't even badly injured.

Chill.

Fireal1222

Quote from: theis on Dec 09, 2009, 02:39 AM
I should be ashamed because he was in a car crash? He didn't die and wasn't even badly injured.

Chill.

i thought the fact that i agreed with you afterwords is what made it funny

but no reason to fight, its a no brainer, weezer do indeed, suck.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

defTHE1s

those are bad news...

i agree on the fact that their music lately isn't very good, but that still sucks... :-/

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Livewire

I had to post this just because it was too hilarious/embarrassing not too.  So they're coming out with a new album in September, which most of you may know and just choose to ignore (a good idea).  The album is titled "Hurley", and, I shit you not, this is the cover:

Now I love Lost, but come on.

bright lights, big city

yeah I just read about that cover as well. I'm speechless. in a bad way. I'm a Lostie, I'm a Weezer fan, probably one of the few around these parts, and I even liked Raditude (but really anything would've been better than the Red Album). This whole idea is just plain dumb, especially since the ACTUAL music and lyrics won't have anything to do with the character or show. whatever. i wrote too much about this pointless subject.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sinatra

defTHE1s

I heard this morning on the radio a song, that seemed to be Weezer, i thought this song was that, but no, they're different and this ones is good, to be a new song.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Sinatra

I made this using a picture I found, I thought it would look perfect for the cover art of "Songs From The Black Hole"  :)

SX King

Quote from: Sinatra on Aug 15, 2010, 07:02 AM

I made this using a picture I found, I thought it would look perfect for the cover art of "Songs From The Black Hole"  :)

Nice

Sinatra

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: Sinatra on Aug 15, 2010, 07:02 AM

must agree, this is exactly what I imagined the artwork would look like. Good eye.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Sinatra on Sep 07, 2010, 08:28 PM
weezer- hurley

http://hotfile.com/dl/67698549/4bb7873/Weezer20Hurley20Deluxe20Edition202010-DOH.rar.html

loving this one.
i'm digging it as well, they really bring the catchiness this time out. "Ruling Me" and "Hang On" are my faves so far.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sinatra

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 08, 2010, 04:38 AM
weezer- hurley

http://hotfile.com/dl/67698549/4bb7873/Weezer20Hurley20Deluxe20Edition202010-DOH.rar.html

loving this one.
i'm digging it as well, they really bring the catchiness this time out. "Ruling Me" and "Hang On" are my faves so far.

Yeah, most definitely great songs. I don't think there is a song i don't like on the album. (Besides the Coldplay cover which I quickly discarded the second I heard it haha)

Current favorites are "Run away" and "Time Flies" love that raw feeling on run away, and the fuzziness on "time flies" makes the song that much better. reminds me of the blue album and pinkerton days.  :)

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Sinatra on Sep 10, 2010, 04:54 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 08, 2010, 04:38 AM
weezer- hurley

loving this one.

Yeah, most definitely great songs. I don't think there is a song i don't like on the album. (Besides the Coldplay cover which I quickly discarded the second I heard it haha)

Current favorites are "Run away" and "Time Flies" love that raw feeling on run away, and the fuzziness on "time flies" makes the song that much better. reminds me of the blue album and pinkerton days.  :)
'raw' is probably the word i've been looking for to describe this. definitely not better than their first few albums, but you're correct that it indeed has that raw-ish sound pinkerton and blue had.
DERP

defTHE1s

Anyone can reup or post another link? previous link is dead :(
please :)