Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

ben

It's actually a very good rendition. 

devilinside

I was quite impressed with it as well.

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: theis on Dec 09, 2009, 01:55 AM
Fuck Weezer these days. They haven't made a decent album since Maladroit. More importantly, fuck Rivers Cuomo.

Collaborating with Lil Wayne, doing Rock Band commercials with Taylor Swift and writing songs for Katy Perry and Adam Lambert. Seriously. What the fuck.  

They haven't made a decent album since Pinkerton, IMO.

And bravo for Rivers writing songs for Katy Perry and Adam Lambert. That's cash money in his pocket either by royalties or a fat check. Not to mention that's respect, someone respects him well enough to hire him to write a song for 2 of the top 40 artists. Not too shabby in my book.

Now the Lil' Wayne collaboration... that's pure marketing. Though it soils the image we all hold dear of Weezer. At least for me. They're no longer the scrawny nerds playing the poppy alternative that I grew to love... they're a brand of product now.

That video devilinside posted....

My pants are wet.  ;D

knifeparty

bright lights, big city

That sucks. He was in the band when my Weezer fandom was at its peak.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

fucking crazy...

theis

BillyNo.9

I instantly thought suicide. I hope Deftones start playing say it ain't so again....

Vesanic

sing blue silver

yes i also kind of instantly jumped to the conclusion of it being planned but he was tweeting about how excited he was to go see weezer the next day on the day of his death and was planning a vacation and such. hard to say at this point. as far as i knew he was off drugs but i guess we'll get some clarification once they determine the cause of death.

bright lights, big city

Really creepy, wow.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theory

Fuck Weezer these days. They haven't made a decent album since Maladroit. More importantly, fuck Rivers Cuomo.

Collaborating with Lil Wayne, doing Rock Band commercials with Taylor Swift and writing songs for Katy Perry and Adam Lambert. Seriously. What the fuck. 

Katy Perry and Adam Lambert huh..? Why can't they at least write for someone talented?

Well...RIP...and yes that is really creepy.

skinnypuppy

The funny thing is if you were a vocalist that got commissioned to work with Katy Perry and was offered 500,000 dollars to do it plus a portion of every song sold... Well, really, do I need to finish this sentence?  Get over it.

theis

What's the point in quoting a 2 year old post?

skinnypuppy

I did not notice it was two years old. You win this round, sir.

theory

meh, 2 years old or not, it's news to me...lol.

Sooo, onto newer things...what's your fave Weezer album of all time?

bright lights, big city

DERP

sing blue silver

pinkerton (including the "songs from the black hole" stuff)

that era was just a massive burst of creativity. i really respected rivers for taking such a chance writing honest, crushing music after the success of the mostly positive vibes that filled the blue album.

ben

Maladroit is underrated