Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Weezer

Started by Vesanic, Dec 08, 2009, 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raynor

Whenever I wanna get a rush of nostalgia I spinn them Weezer records, other times not so much.

Crazylegs

ZackND

I've been listening to some of the old B-sides. Some of them are really really good. " The Sister Song" and "Everybody Wants a Chance to be All Alone" are great songs. Their Pixies cover of Velouria is amazing. If you're a weezer fan and haven't checked that out, I suggest you do, not typical Weezer.

Sushi-X

Right, so i wasn't much of a fan of Pinkerton. Loathe it at one point even. But having gone through a breakup in the last few months. Pinkerton has been a godsend of help. I have a new found love and appreciation for it.

Rocket Skates '94

defTHE1s

I did't remember Maladroit until now  :o

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Yoi Yes Kokan

bought that the day it came out, yeah thats the last record of theirs i checked out, id like to wish to hope that the other records are worth checking but i have a feeling he got dried out in harvard

Knucklestones

What's everybody think about the white album? I'm almost through listening to it. It's pretty standard Weezer. It's good.

Shadow46/2

I like the song with the really long title. Summer Elaine and drunk Dori I think its called. Suuuuper vintage sounding. The rest is solid for the most part.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

LG95

I think it's really good. Their best album for ages. You know when you get a feeling an album's going to be on constant replay for the next few months? That.
I could float here forever

BLUMPKIN

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 02, 2016, 12:55 AM
I think it's really good. Their best album for ages. You know when you get a feeling an album's going to be on constant replay for the next few months? That.

I agree.  White has been getting equal playtime with Gore the past few days. 

My personal ranking:
Pinkerton
Blue
White
EWBAITE
Maladroit
Green
Everything else. 

Shadow46/2

Glad to see them on the upswing. I liked their last album, "Everything All Be Alright In The End" a lot too. But this is even better.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

sing blue silver

White Album is stellar. I've been enjoying it a lot. It's going to be a great summer album and I'm sure it'll be one of my favourite records of the year.

only pieces remain

really solid album. wind in our sail and jacked up are my favorites.

loved everything will be alright in the end (the british are coming especially) and hurley as well.

everyone seems to shit on hurley and i dont get it at all. ruling me, trainwrecks, smart girls, wheres my sex, memories, time flies, unspoken. basically the entire album sans maybe brave new world is solid as hell.

BoxMan

I was underwhelmed

I can totally understand why people see this as a return to form, because some of the guitar riffs and melodies sound like ones off Pinkerton. But that's it. It just aesthetically recalls Pinkerton, but it doesn't have the emotional intensity at all.

I still think their best post Pinkerton album is RED. And if RED had some of the b-sides on the album (such as Pig) it'd be right up there.

Vesanic

I don't get how people expect the same emotional impact as in something like Pinkerton. It just can't be faked or recreated. They're making different music is all. They're not in the same emotional rollercoaster. Oh and Matt Sharp.