Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Oceansize Thread

Started by lostpilot, Dec 08, 2009, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

Could any of you by any chance upload the feed to feed cds. I can't find any good download links anywheres.

black coffee

Sure. I can either upload it or you get it from me through soulseek. Both works fine for me.

Crazylegs

i don't use soulseek, don't know how it works. But if that's easier i could download it i guess.

Frequency_Chemist

I finally listened to the new album all the way through tonight. I really wasn't impressed by the songs I heard before the cd was released and out of total disappointment didn't even give the album a chance. Now i have to say that I deserve to be repeatdly kicked in the nuts, because it's a fucking ridiculously awesome album.

JVell

Oceansize's latest album, Self Preserved While the Bodies Float Up, is fantastic. They streamlined their sound, yet still sprinkle their songs with that same spacey magic. "Pine" is such a tear-jerker.

lostpilot

Still, nothing tops Frames.

Frequency_Chemist

Quote from: lostpilot on Feb 20, 2011, 11:15 PM
Still, nothing tops Frames.

For some reason I just can't get in to Frames. I don't like Mike's melodies at all, but the music it good otherwise. Effloresce is my favorite.

theis

I think Frames is too long for its own good. Actually my least favorite Oceansize album. First 3 songs are amazing though.

Everyone Into Position is easily my favorite.

Hesperian Death-Horse!

I haven't listened to Frames in so long....

I think I should do that again soon.

Frequency_Chemist

Ok so I've been listening to Frames and I have to say it's not even half as bad as I remember it being. Still def not my favorite, but a pretty solid album.

black coffee

A band like Oceansize can hardly release crappy music, so my guess is if you like one album of theirs, you can hardly dislike another. It's all a matter of taste, my favorites are still Effloresce and Everyone Into Position, but the other albums are good too. It took me a while to get into Self Preserved..., but now I love it.

lostpilot

Oceansize split up, apparently..

Crazylegs

lostpilot

they've released good enough music for their time. so I am sort of satisfied

Crazylegs

i'm glad i got to see them last year.

theis

Damn, what a bummer.

But yeah, also glad I got the see them live last year.

Starz

Saw them live last year too.

I guess Mike was making more money from being second guitarist of Biffy Clyro anyway...

black coffee

Four albums and a bunch of EP's, that is not the worst back catalogue the world has ever seen.

I've seen them once during the Everyone Into Position era, once during the Frames era, and once a couple months before the release of Self Preserved... Really happy to have seen them a couple times over the years.

deftones86

Well fuck I guess i caught on a little late.

sing blue silver