Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Oceansize Thread

Started by lostpilot, Dec 08, 2009, 10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

skinnypuppy

;D

Pre-order the CD or get it on iTunes :) This band needs as much support in the US as possible or else they might not be able to ever successfully tour the US.

Just saying.

http://www.cmdistro.com/Item/Oceansize_-_Self_Preserved_While_The_Bodies_Float_Up_-PRE-ORDER-/35477

black coffee

And you're still a dick. Showing off with that picture is like the lamest thing ever. That is the opposite of what I enjoy about this forum. All of the time people post links and won't even consider to make a remark like "don't forget to buy the cd, because that'll help the artist"
because if I enjoy something, I'll buy it anyways. And I'm sure most people do. And if they don't, it's not me to judge them.

Anyways, as soon as I find the leak, I will post a link.

skinnypuppy

And as soon as you post it I will report it ;)

All I'm doing is having some fun. Chill the fuck out, brah. Boofuckinghoo I have the CD and won't leak it. Do you have no patience or respect for artists? If the band decides to stream the album, then listen to it that way and make a decision off that. They actually get some royalty money off of album streams!  Leaking albums like this, by a band like Oceansize, affects them greatly in the US.

lostpilot

Because they're a BUSINESS band?
No thank you..

theis

Haha. At least tell if the album's any good.

decapod

"Anyways, as soon as I find the leak, I will post a link."

Right on, man. Doesn't matter if the album leaks, I'm going to buy it either way if it's any good. Posting pictures of the album, and being arrogant about it, isn't going to make me want to pre-order the album.

skinnypuppy

Quote from: lostpilot on Aug 25, 2010, 09:22 PM
No thank you..

what the fuck is a business band? Simple math: Band makes money, band continues career full time. Band don't make money, band break up.

The album is mindblowing.

PS I am still just having fun... you guys are so seriouuus. smoke a blunt. shiiiit.

lostpilot

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Aug 26, 2010, 07:01 AM
No thank you..

what the fuck is a business band? Simple math: Band makes money, band continues career full time. Band don't make money, band break up.

Yes, I understand that you want to keep leaks away to improve the overall sales so the band members can get royalties for the art they've done. But you have got to admit, you acted like a total dick by posting the picture of the physical album. It's like whoa you people suck so much for not having this and I am so above you with my privileges. That is not cool, cause I have been waiting a long time for this album and your actions do not make the wait any better. And your actions are not inspiring to pre-order.. and basically there doesn't need to be an incentive for pre-ordering - the fans that love the band and want to give back will order the album anyway, I do this all the time.

All in all, yes, your actions will make SharingLungs a limited community on the matters of the album leak, but you will not be able to cleanse whole internet.

THERE WILL BE LEAKS. lol

theis

Going to see them live October 15. They're playing in a tiny venue, so that should definitely be cool.

And tickets were only like $11.

Win!

deftoner664

I'm a complete noob to this band... Can any of you avid oceansize fans recommend songs/albums that really define their sound etc.. thanks
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

black coffee

intense discussions ahead...hehe.

as far as I am concerned, I'd start with Effloresce. Not just because it's their first album. It's a start, and you will most likely crave for more.

bright lights, big city

i think my favorite now is probably Everyone Into Position. on second thought, just get all their shit.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

skinnypuppy

Quote from: lostpilot on Aug 26, 2010, 10:20 AM
Quote from: skinnypuppy on Aug 26, 2010, 07:01 AM
No thank you..

Yes, I understand that you want to keep leaks away to improve the overall sales so the band members can get royalties for the art they've done. But you have got to admit, you acted like a total dick by posting the picture of the physical album. It's like whoa you people suck so much for not having this and I am so above you with my privileges. That is not cool, cause I have been waiting a long time for this album and your actions do not make the wait any better. And your actions are not inspiring to pre-order.. and basically there doesn't need to be an incentive for pre-ordering - the fans that love the band and want to give back will order the album anyway, I do this all the time.

All in all, yes, your actions will make SharingLungs a limited community on the matters of the album leak, but you will not be able to cleanse whole internet.

THERE WILL BE LEAKS. lol

Haha I know, total dick move on my part, which I admitted to. But in all seriousness, I think it's legit lame to illegally download prior to release date. Not saying it wont happen, but the impatient attitude of not even waiting until it''s available to the masses sorta blows.

skinnypuppy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 26, 2010, 04:56 PM
i think my favorite now is probably Everyone Into Position. on second thought, just get all their shit.

Totally agree.

deftoner664

haha Thanks guys... Yeah I'll start with their first... and just work my way up... I listened to a couple songs this morning and I'm very intriged so I already want more...
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

lostpilot

I'd start with Effloresce too :)

sing blue silver

i got into them big after frames. that album is brilliant. but really all their stuff is amazing. can't wait for the new one.

theis

Okay, so I'm risking a SL beat-down by saying this, but am I the only one who thinks that the vocalist sounds slightly like John Mayer in some of their songs?