Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Failure

Started by No More Sugar, Dec 08, 2009, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No More Sugar

Threads gone...#2.

Badass band, period. Pillowhead, Small Crimes...flawless.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

skinnypuppy

one of the best bands ever. period.

Corleone

Fantastic Planet is awesome.. best album by them

pillswithwine

Failure was a great band, no doubt.  Calling them one of the best bands ever is a huge stretch.  Especially when they have only one 'fantastic' cd.  The rest of their music to me is mediocre.

No More Sugar

i agree more with skinnypuppy than you two. Magnified is just as great as fantastic planet to me. Comfort is alright too.

Jacob

Quote from: pillswithwine on Dec 23, 2009, 06:15 PM
Failure was a great band, no doubt.  Calling them one of the best bands ever is a huge stretch.  Especially when they have only one 'fantastic' cd.  The rest of their music to me is mediocre.

I kinda have to agree. Fantastic Planet is indeed fantastic (although it's far from perfect - some songs are pretty boring and sound unfinished) but while the rest of their material is still great, it lacks a lot and sounds like they're still trying to find their thing.

they could have been totally awesome, they just never got around to it imo. I wish they would've stayed around for at least two more albums, then they would probably have reached 100%.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

godin

I almost like Magnified more than Fantastic Planet but there both great 

havent heard comfort but Ive heard that its less spacey and thats my fav part of failure
Dingus.

Oldnewtype

Fantastic Planet is one of my favorite albums ever.

No More Sugar

oh well, i think they're incredible.

No More Sugar

a bump for my favorite fucking band.

skinnypuppy

To each their own, but I look at Failure as a band who influenced most of the music we listen to, which pushes them towards greatness more than if they were just a cool band.

Cave In called themselves a Failure cover band once because they feel like everything they do is influenced by Failure.

DeathByPlane00

Another Space Song is amazing. Not to mention Solaris & Frogs.
Just as he hit the ground, they lowered a tow that stuck in his neck to the gills.

Jacob

over the last week I've rediscovered Fantastic Planet. Pillowhead, Solaris, Heliotropic, Another Space Song... wonderful songs!
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Saturday Night Whiskey999

Quote from: pillswithwine on Dec 23, 2009, 06:15 PM
Failure was a good band.  Calling them one of the best bands ever is a huge stretch.  Especially when they have only one 'fantastic' cd.  The rest of their music to me is mediocre.

godin

Undone is one of the best layered songs ever. Amazing ending.
Dingus.

Deftones-argentina

Thanks no more sugar, I checked the cd's out and I liked some tunes...makes me remember to the most somber side of Hum. Still I have to agree, their cd's tend to be boring. Some genius moments and one of the most original sounds ever, anyway.

Jerry_Curls

Didn't the guy go on to form Autolux [your avatar]? I was drumming along to "Here comes everybody" today....fun song :-) Sorrry to get OT.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

skinnypuppy

Yep. Greg Edwards. Autolux, to me, is an extension of Failure.

No More Sugar

Mmhm. I don't really know if I agree with that statement...Autolux to me sounds minimally like Failure, but some similarities.

I'm in love with all of their music. I've really come to appreciate the work done on Comfort the more I listen to it. Most notably on "Macaque", "Something", "Swallow", "Muffled Snaps" and "Pro-Catastrophe". If I had to pick a least favorite, it'd be Magnified..as it seems like a few of the tracks are just filler. However, some of it is just amazing and yes, genius.

"Heliotropic" in my opinion seems like it could have been a huge inspiration to Billy Howerdel. Much like Cave-In claims that their material is almost ripped from Failure's music..