Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

death to gays

Started by wither-I, Dec 09, 2009, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

theis

Death penalty to those who's in favor of death penalty to gays. 

black coffee

Coming from a continent where many people are against homosexuality and the president of one country thinks he can cure HIV by taking a shower, this really doesn't surprise me. Though it's shocking how fucked up our world is.

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Mascara Snake

There are some places on earth that actually scare me.

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST..."  Frank Zappa

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: theis on Dec 09, 2009, 06:00 PM

Total agreeitude.

No More Sugar

QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

lostpilot

we're really close to something like this back in Lithuania.
most of the society is absolutely homophobic.. they wanted to put out some laws that if you interact in a homosexual way you automatically go to jail.

hell yeah free rights

devilinside

Wow....that's really really sad.

wither-I

Quote from: Mascara Snake on Dec 09, 2009, 08:28 PM
There are some places on earth that actually scare me.

africa is in shambles.

there is such great suffering it is literally UNbelievable.

daily atrocities that we dare not even try to fathom. and they live in it. :(

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Nailec

wow. while western society is concerned if islam countries will make it out of barbarism, other regions in the world actually fall back into barbarism.

also big pacepalm for the american conservative fundamentalists that think the law might be to harsh.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Nailec on Dec 10, 2009, 02:44 AM
wow. while western society is concerned if islam countries will make it out of barbarism, other regions in the world actually fall back into barbarism.

also big pacepalm for the american conservative fundamentalists that think the law might be to harsh.

yep, it's our fault, we totally didn't do enough  ::)

I don't remember africa being "ahead" of the middle east in terms of barbarism anyway?

BBfan

Quote from: theis on Dec 09, 2009, 06:00 PM

^This.

Effin' ridiculous.

Nailec

QuoteDeath penalty to those who's in favor of death penalty to gays. 

but what do if those people are holding the power in your nation? i didnt hear one of you asking for death to Ahmadinedschad (and the mullah-regime) who not only threatened gays, other minorities and the political oppsition, but who in fact actually killed many of them.

cut developement aid. thats the least to do imho.

alvarezbassist17

No, that's not what you do.  You change the developmental aid structure from just giving money to their governments to giving the PEOPLE technology to be able to fend for themselves, be productive, and eventually have the wherewithal to rise above their oppressors.  These events in Uganda strikes me as much more of a public relations stunt or some kind of distraction to get the attention away from the fact that 72% of the population lives just above the international poverty level.  That's where they're so backwards, and impoverished countries like that are always the ones that have the genocides, gross human rights violations, etc, etc, etc.  Also, the vast majority of the time it's caused by inflationary monetary policies (germany, uganda, russia, etc.) ruining the lives of the populace so badly that they'll turn to even the most ridiculous of opinions (jewish greed caused the german economy to collapse, homosexuality is immoral to the point of deserving death, capitalism is the cause of all poverty, respectively) to try to place the blame.  The blame is undeniably placed at the feet of the government, and just taking away the aid is probably not going to change their mind, and is just going to hurt the people.  Not like anyone in the ugandan parliament is gonna lose their job.

Nailec

true point changing developement aid giving, uganada spends 26% for military and 2% for health.

in general i agree that poverty and non-education is a huge factor for racism, homophobia, antisemitism and other ideologies. but i dont think that is all, seeing as how many well educated rich people are going with that shit, too.

im just saying the whole problem could be solved ifthe whole international community would fucking start to hold together and say "no" to this kind of shit. probablly it works, ugandian leaders forget about this law and everything will be fine. because we know how much dictators would fear running out of money. they signet the human rights charta, so the international community should have means to claim the rights given in this charta.

but plz just give them green technology :D