Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Boards Of Canada

Started by Fireal1222, Dec 10, 2009, 10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

Who listens to them?

And if you do listen to them, do you have any information on them. I've read up on them for years, but they remain pretty mysterious.

There music takes me to a place deep within my soul.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

bright lights, big city

yeah man such a great band. but I agree, I really do not know much of anything about them. Just that they're from Scotland and there is 2 of them. haha that's about it

My favorite work has to be Campfire Headphase
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

E-Money

There music takes me to a place deep within my soul.
[/quote]

very well put.  great band. I dig all of their stuff.

wither-I

from some blog;

Boards of Canada is an electronic music duo from Edinburgh, Scotland, composed of brothers Michael Sandison (b. 10 June 1969) and Marcus Eoin Sandison (b. 21 September 1970). They have released a number of works, most notably Music Has the Right to Children and Geogaddi, with little advertising and few interviews - like many of their label-mates on the pioneering electronic music label Warp.Boards of Canada have had an enormous influence on the ambient, downtempo and IDM scenes. They have frequently made reference to the warm, scratchy, artificial sounds of 1970s television. Indeed, the Sandison brothers admit to being inspired by the documentary films of the National Film Board of Canada, from which they take their name.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

raynor

never really listened to them, but they have an absolute awesome remix of Why? song. check it here.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Fireal1222

Quote from: wither-I on Dec 12, 2009, 01:50 AM
from some blog;

Boards of Canada is an electronic music duo from Edinburgh, Scotland, composed of brothers Michael Sandison (b. 10 June 1969) and Marcus Eoin Sandison (b. 21 September 1970). They have released a number of works, most notably Music Has the Right to Children and Geogaddi, with little advertising and few interviews - like many of their label-mates on the pioneering electronic music label Warp.Boards of Canada have had an enormous influence on the ambient, downtempo and IDM scenes. They have frequently made reference to the warm, scratchy, artificial sounds of 1970s television. Indeed, the Sandison brothers admit to being inspired by the documentary films of the National Film Board of Canada, from which they take their name.

yeah i knew all of that, but thank you..

http://fredd-e.narfum.org/formerboc/interviews/
this page has the most info on them i have ever found. but its the last of the info ive found. although their are some great reads in those interviews

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Alvar

Quote from: black coffee on Dec 13, 2009, 04:07 PM
Discography

i want to check them out for a long time. this is a good start, thanx.

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

blixa

ben

ben

by the way Jared, here's the new Phaseone mixtape.  I remember you telling me you liked the other album I sent ya.

http://lefserecords.com/tracks/Phaseone-WhiteCollarCrime.zip

Fireal1222

thanks for the link ben

okay guys. this might be the best video ive ever seen. its a boards of canada video for aquarius. if you guys smoke weed, or drink or something, take a puff b4 watching the video, then enjoy it.. its really really trippy. absolutely incredible, this band is one of my favorites ever

be sure to watch the whole thing, the video is incredible toward the end, its just too trippy. im not trying to sound like a hippie, but it is trippy

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

E-Money

Quote from: ben on Dec 16, 2009, 09:03 PM
by the way Jared, here's the new Phaseone mixtape.  I remember you telling me you liked the other album I sent ya.

http://lefserecords.com/tracks/Phaseone-WhiteCollarCrime.zip

Ben, this is fantastic!  Can u please post the other one? 

ben

E-Money

Fireal1222

Discography

thank you so much for this link. i would have probably never even known about there old tunes vol.2 record. or even found it at that.. but anyway its an awesome cd, and i wouldnt have found it if not for this link. thanks again

by the way the password for the links on that page is

password : bunalti.com

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

lostpilot

what drives me away from Boards of Canada is it's.. well, lack of emotion I could say.
I find that only Davyan Cowboy has some sort of an emotional package with it.

I loved Music Has a Right to Children for the variety of sounds, basic skills of electronica (and I loved going tripping with this album).

so what album should I go with to find the more-emotional stuff kinda.. if you catch my drift

bright lights, big city

Try out In a Beautiful Place Out In the Country and Geogaddi. Those are probably your remaining options if you want some "emotion". How dare you look for that in music.  ;)
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Fireal1222

im telling ya.. you guys need to download old tunes vol. 2 from this link

Discography

i really cant believe how good old tunes vol. 2 is.. ive loved boards of canada for years, so this is like a new album for me.. get super stoned b4 u listen to it, its incredible.. and make sure u put the tracks in their proper order.. just google search old tunes by boards of canada and the wiki page will have the correct order of the songs.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

lostpilot

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Dec 30, 2009, 03:25 AM
im telling ya.. you guys need to download old tunes vol. 2 from this link

Discography

i really cant believe how good old tunes vol. 2 is.. ive loved boards of canada for years, so this is like a new album for me.. get super stoned b4 u listen to it, its incredible.. and make sure u put the tracks in their proper order.. just google search old tunes by boards of canada and the wiki page will have the correct order of the songs.

sir yes sir
I know what I'll be doing on next appointment with MJ