Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Dredg

Started by Martin, Dec 13, 2009, 12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Feb 19, 2011, 08:56 PM
I can't wait to hear this album. Ever since I heard Dan the Automator was producing I knew it would be way different from the rest of their stuff.
The guy did the Deltron 3030 album, Peeping Tom, the first Gorillaz. Enough reasons for me to think this new dredg will still be pretty damn good.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Menos el Oso

I'll be looking forward to checking this album out. It's going to sound more raw and direct, than overproduced like their previous albums, which is awesome also. That chick has some nice legs. Too bad that mask ruins the look. lol

skinnypuppy

turns out im friends with the girl on the cover. small world.

ben

Honestly, I think that album cover is better than the ugly Catch Without Arms cover. 

JVell

What is up with dredg lately? I thought their last album was trash, save a few moments. The title of this album and the cover isn't giving me much hope either. I adored El Cielo and liked Catch Without Arms, but this might e the last chance I am willing to give dredg before I write them off.

theis

JVell

Quote from: theis on Feb 21, 2011, 12:57 AM
Wah wah waaahh.

They've simplified their songwriting and that's what separated them from the rest of the pack, in my opinion. I hope DTM helps them revisit this, but I'm skeptical. Nonetheless, I hope they surprise me.

mr.sinister

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Feb 19, 2011, 08:56 PM
I can't wait to hear this album. Ever since I heard Dan the Automator was producing I knew it would be way different from the rest of their stuff.
same here. This is going to be the most experimental, unorthodox album by them. I hope they never make el cielo pt. 2 even though it is my favorite album by them. All dredg albums are great and have their own unique style. Cant wait for this to drop.

black coffee

Their single "The Thought Of Losing You" is hitting stores two weeks prior to the album, on April 15th.

theis

April 25th. YEAAAHH!

Menos el Oso

More details have emerged on dredg's forthcoming new album "Chuckles And Mr. Squeezy" (due out May 03rd through Superball Music.) In addition to confirming that this will be the cover art for the release, a number of track titles and more were revealed in the following press release:

"The alternative rock band dredg from San Francisco can note a constantly growing number of followers and lovers since they decided to play music together more than 15 years ago, in 1995.

As there have been several rumors on the Internet recently about the successor of THE PARIAH, THE PARROT, THE DELUSION we are now happy to announce that dredg are finally going to release their fifth studio album CHUCKLES AND MR. SQUEEZY in late April/early May in Europe (outside of G/S/A) and on May 3, 2011 the U.S. Those who are expecting the record to be a consistent continuance of THE PARIAH, THE PARROT, THE DELUSION will no doubt be surprised: this album is completely different from everything dredg have ever done before.

It took the band members almost eight months of exchanging song-material via e-mail to finish the album–a process producer Dan The Automator (Gorillaz, Kasabian, etc.) was also involved in right from the early beginnings. His influence becomes most apparent in the songs "The Tent," "Sun Goes Down" and "Before it Began" where he also took an active part in the songwriting.

Even though there is a lot of variation in tones and tempo, singer Gavin sums up the general sound of CHUCKLES AND MR. SQUEEZY as "Dark Pop": a dark undertone is giving the songs some kind of a contemplative self-analysis – but in the end the album is still characterized by its optimism. "There is a certain darkness to it," Gavin agrees. "A lot of our music is ultimately positive but can be conceived as sad as well. It has these two sides that oppose each other, but manage to reconcile in the music."

With CHUCKLES AND MR. SQUEEZY dredg is breaking new grounds in their career – in a new, yet unexplored direction. The influence Dan The Automator had on this record is obvious. His status as a producer and co-worker lead him to an additional role as a guide, giving the band the impulse to work harder, to take a closer look at themselves and finally take this as an inspiration for creating their music and lyrics.

The last 15 years of development brought dredg to an unexpected, yet welcomed point in their career. "For me this is a renewal kind of record," Gavin says. "It feels different and in some ways it feels like a new band. That was my goal when working with the band and with Dan–to make something we'd never done. Hopefully people can see the band in a new light. We can mold to different things and there is a future for the band when it comes to creating."

Tour dates for 2011 will be announced soon."

http://www.theprp.com/2011/02/22/news/more-details-revealed-for-dredgs-chuckles-and-mr-squeezy/

mr.sinister

Awesome.that just made me 100% more excited for this.

Starz

I still think it's going to sound like PARIAH just a bit more darker but i hope i'm wrongggg

theis

I just wanna hear new music from my favorite band. That's all. And I'm sure it'll be pleasing to my ears.

black coffee

They're using the term Dark pop, yet say the album won't sound like The Pariah...

WEIRD.

Oldnewtype

haha thats exactly what I was thinking.

Whatever, it'll be good.

Slacker

SCENE DISCOGRAPHY UPDATE

Dredg-10_New_Songs-Live_Sampler-2004-FjC
Dredg-Brushtrokes-(Demo)-2001-SNX_iNT
Dredg-Bug_Eyes-(7inch)-2005-MTD
Dredg-Bug_Eyes-(Promo_CDM)-2005-MTD
Dredg-Campbell_CA_1013_(Acoustic)-2002-SGE_iNT
Dredg-Catch_Without_Arms-(Advance)-2005-RNS
Dredg-Catch_Without_Arms-(European_Retail)-2005-PtE_iNT
Dredg-Catch_Without_Arms-(German_Retail)-2005-MTD
Dredg-Catch_Without_Arms-(Promo)-Read_NFO-2005-EdN
Dredg-Connect_Sets-Acoustic_EP-2005-PTE
Dredg-Conscious-(EP)-1996-NG
Dredg-Conscious-Demo-1996-NGR
Dredg-El_Cielo-2002-DNR
Dredg-El_Cielo_(Advance)-2002-PMS
Dredg-El_Cielo_Retail-2002-aPC
Dredg-El_Cielo-Limited_Edition-2002-TBR
Dredg-Extended_Play_For_The_Eastern_Hemisphere-2002-KSi
Dredg-Industry_Demos-2001-KSi_iNT
Dredg-Information-(CDS)-2009-WRE
Dredg-Leitmotif-1998-EOS
Dredg-Leitmotif_Re-Release-2001-PMS _iNT
Dredg-Live_At_The_Fillmore-2006-ESC
Dredg-Live_At_The_Henry_Fonda_Theatre-(Promo_DVD)-2005-MTD
Dredg-Live_At_Visions_Festival_Dortmund_(Germany)-SAT-11-01-2009-gF
Dredg-Live_In_Stuttgart_Germany_1126-(Bootleg)-2005-PMS
Dredg-Omaha_NE_0505-2005-EOS
Dredg-Orph_(EP)-1997-PMS
Dredg-The_Pariah_The_Parrot_The_Delusion-2009-FNT
Dredg-Vancouver_BC_0227-2003-EOS

PART I
PART II
PART III
PART IV

you know you love me.

skinnypuppy

Wow

Some of that stuff I didnt know existed

Thanks

theis

"You need to wait 1200 seconds to start another download."

Arrgghhhharghhhh urrghhhhh,

Slacker

Quote from: theis on Mar 01, 2011, 09:32 PM
"You need to wait 1200 seconds to start another download."

Arrgghhhharghhhh urrghhhhh,

for some reason here in chile (southamerica) we dont need to wait anything inbetween downloads...wich is pretty cool. plus the download speed is fairly decent.