Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino to be on Creepshow podcast, album not coming until April.

Started by Inkblades, Dec 15, 2009, 11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharinglungs

It was the same shit for SNW.. people have short memories.

deftones86

well not short i mean it has been 3 years and some months since SNW and ive smoked alot of bud and had many beers  since then and now, as i guess some other members have...aprils cool hopefully on 420 haha

E-Money

Quote from: deftones86 on Dec 16, 2009, 06:15 AM
well not short i mean it has been 3 years and some months since SNW and ive smoked alot of bud and had many beers  since then and now, as i guess some other members have...aprils cool hopefully on 420 haha

420 would be great. 

Hidalgo

Quote from: sharinglungs on Dec 16, 2009, 05:19 AM
It was the same shit for SNW.. people have short memories.
same shit with wp and s/t also. i never believe the dates anymore. the first one they give is usually about 2 YEARS off. it's kinda pathetic. either they lie on purpose just to fuck with us, or they have no idea and just throw out a date to have an answer. next album, FOR ONCE, it can take 8 years to make for all i care, but for once none of them should say when it will be released, not even the year, until it's 100% fact. they just need to say "i don't know" over and over

Jacob

that's what I'm saying too. but most other bands at least have the decency not to give out any dates before things are official. but Deftones (especially Chino) just keeps blurting out random dates and has done so for years. maybe it's time he learned to be more careful with that.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

DenOndaNissen

if they´re isnt really sure. why mention anything at all?
they only let us fans down everytime...
and we believe it too.

now it´s over 3 years they released snw, and they have worked on a new record since that, if the record is done, why do they just sit on their fat asses and dont release it?

Thrice begun working on their new album beggars at the end of the last year, they recorded it in mars, and nailed every tone.
It got leaked in july, and official released on itunes in august and the psysical in september. And that album is the best album in the whole fucking year.
So tell me, whats the difference? Deftones even got larger production and more money on their projects.
Thrice record their albums in the garage of their guitarist!

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: DenOndaNissen on Dec 16, 2009, 09:57 AM
why mention anything at all?they only let us fans down everytime...
and we believe it too.

not really

now it´s over 3 years they released snw, and they have worked on a new record since that

no,they didnt start writing at once, they toured after the release as usual.and the record they eventually did start writing ended up being shelved

if the record is done, why do they just sit on their fat asses and dont release it?

record company decision?

E-Money

sing blue silver

pretty good interview. hopefully they start touring in february like he says.

sharinglungs

chino talks too much :p

At least he's honest about the last few records being not that great.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: stapezee on Dec 16, 2009, 08:16 PM
http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/12/16/the-deftones-interview-creep-show/

here's the interview.  pretty sick.  Chino says April 27th is the date they have right now.

wow.. first time i hear chino admitting steph's stuff is better than his own. and first time i hear chino talk negative about eros.

thanks a lot for posting!

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: sharinglungs on Dec 16, 2009, 08:43 PM

snw sucked balls. but s/t is one of their best

E-Money

man how can u say snw sucks balls??  its not their best record but its still deftones and it has some great songs on it. 

jesusinabowlofdirt

thats the thing, i cant say its deftones in the same way as before-beacuse im not feeling the deftones vibe.
the production is poor,chinos vocals seems forced, the instruments too light and the mood is too happy.and the the song writing
just aint good enough.i like combat and some parts of rats.thats it. but this has been said one or two too many times at snw-bashing threads.
u should read the member bergeracs stuff on the matter, its off the hook

sing blue silver

i enjoy SNW but it's clearly not their best work. rocket skates for me signals a definate improvement. anyway, soon enough we'll get our new material.

sharinglungs

sing blue silver

snw9

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Dec 16, 2009, 08:59 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Dec 16, 2009, 08:43 PM

s/t was a great record, heavy, melodic but it didnt show everyside of the band whereas SNW, in terms of diversity and songs is much better. The songs have more depth, structure, flow
i guess it depends what u like
snw sucked balls. but s/t is one of their best

Code: [Select]