Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Chino to be on Creepshow podcast, album not coming until April.

Started by Inkblades, Dec 15, 2009, 01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugartolove

I think it was an interesting interview. Chino seemed very candid, haven't heard him this open in a long time. Cool of him to admit Steph's music is the basis of Deftones.

But if Chino's estimations are correct, then $50.000 raised from the auction and $50.000 raised from the benefitshows are great numbers to add to Chi's fund!  :)
Yay for Chi.

E-Money

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Dec 16, 2009, 11:27 PM
thats the thing, i cant say its deftones in the same way as before-beacuse im not feeling the deftones vibe.
the production is poor,chinos vocals seems forced, the instruments too light and the mood is too happy.and the the song writing
just aint good enough.i like combat and some parts of rats.thats it. but this has been said one or two too many times at snw-bashing threads.
u should read the member bergeracs stuff on the matter, its off the hook

Maybe u dont like the album but Its still deftones man.  I agree tho, its definitely not their best album.  Probably my least favorite.  I think combat and kimdracula and riviere are some of my favorite deftones songs.  But its no S/T or WP

Where do you think the instruments are too light?  What do you mean by this?

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

There Will Be Blood

What I don't understand was what's up with ALL that BS that deftones were telling us in 2008. I remember Chino saying how happy they were and how they were all getting along making EROS. Now he's like he had alot of trouble in his life and how he was going though a divorce ( Which I thought he was already divorced from celeste since 2004??? )

sing blue silver

Quote from: juvenile on Dec 17, 2009, 01:31 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Dec 15, 2009, 01:15 PM
http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/12/13/deftones-frontman-chino-moreno-guests-on-next-creep-show/

Arghhhh. April.  >:(

y do they procrastinate so much? it should come out earlier

they're not really procrastinating. it's all label bullshit like advertising and when they think is the best time to release it. it's been out of the bands hands for a couple months. though i don't see why, SNW had very little advertising.

sharinglungs

Quote from: sing blue silver on Dec 17, 2009, 03:33 AM
http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/12/13/deftones-frontman-chino-moreno-guests-on-next-creep-show/

they're not really procrastinating. it's all label bullshit like advertising and when they think is the best time to release it. it's been out of the bands hands for a couple months. though i don't see why, SNW had very little advertising.
Maybe they're gonna hype it up with an EPK?

sing blue silver

Quote from: sharinglungs on Dec 17, 2009, 06:39 AM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Dec 17, 2009, 03:33 AM

Maybe they're gonna hype it up with an EPK?

that would be nice. i've always enjoyed the EPK's before and when SNW didn't have one i was a wee bit disappointed.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: ilovechino69 on Dec 17, 2009, 03:22 AM
What I don't understand was what's up with ALL that BS that deftones were telling us in 2008. I remember Chino saying how happy they were and how they were all getting along making EROS. Now he's like he had alot of trouble in his life and how he was going though a divorce ( Which I thought he was already divorced from celeste since 2004??? )

guess thats just how it works.. rock bands hype the current situation, and future, and talk shit about the past... to make the current time sounds even better

jesusinabowlofdirt

at 10:45 in the interview,chino says "honestly one of the best - if not the best record we've done. people say that a lot i dont think ive ever said it"

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 25, 2009, 06:04 PM
Yeah, right. Everytime a new CD comes out, Chino is like: " Oh my god this is our best record ever I'm so proud of it it's part of myself. "

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Sep 25, 2009, 09:23 PM
if u spend 2-3 years on a rec its pretty stupid to go out and say "man.. our new stuff sucks!".-.. of course u have to promote it.
but chino didnt say snw was their best shit at any time? ..on madden live105 for example he said "um.. i dont know... no" when the interviewer asked if snw was their best rec when it was released. and s/t ,... only frank said it was the best ever as ai recall

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 25, 2009, 09:33 PM
I don't remember where was made the interview, but Chino actually did say SNW was the best stuff he had ever written. It is a finnish interview, if I remember well.

post it?
Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 25, 2009, 10:13 PM
Ok. Let me finish uploading london 2003 first.

where is that interview u promised? in this latest chino interview chino says he never use those words before an upcoming record, it would be fun to hear/read it to prove he's a liar. (but u know me - i think yr full of shit, just saying stuff to left and right with no control)

Inkblades

Chino has definitely contradicted himself (that's the nice way to put it) before. For example: he stated on Myspace that Eros was finished and being mixed, yet now it's he was only halfway through recording the vocals.

Hidalgo

i really like the fact that we don't know the album title yet. they usually give it out years in advance and it seems old once it's out even though it's new

No More Sugar

QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

Vesanic

" It's maybe the best thing we've ever written, I don't think I've ever said that. "

Come on, Chino... You told that for every CD you wrote...

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 17, 2009, 06:09 PM
" It's maybe the best thing we've ever written, I don't think I've ever said that. "

Come on, Chino... You told that for every CD you wrote...

do you have any sources for what youre saying?

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 25, 2009, 09:33 PM
I don't remember where was made the interview, but Chino actually did say SNW was the best stuff he had ever written. It is a finnish interview, if I remember well.

*sigh* think u can spread lie after lie and never be questioned about it? where is the interview where chino says snw was their best material? the "finish" one. (pretty strange it would be a finish one since they didnt tour scandinavia 2007,but maybe deftones went there for a sauna holiday) i know u dont have the interview cause it doesnt exist.. so im just waiting for another lie as usual.what is it this time, you had the interview but your dog ate it?